Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Quad Vesuvio Gray
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting Closer...

Although this is my first official post, I have been an avid reader of this forum for months. The great Alfa community here reflects strongly on the passion and devotion to this legendary brand. The technical posts, the enthusiastic support and camaraderie, only has reinforced and convinced me to right a ‘wrong’ and fulfill a destiny to join in the fun.

The back story:

Age ~9 or 10
Saw a book on racing with the 1930s open top racer and the words Alfa Romeo on the cover. I was hooked. Racing. Cars. Alfa.

Age 20, College in the North East in the late 80s
A friend’s mother let him have her black Spider Veloce at school because she didn’t like it...
Within minutes of hearing that he was letting his friends take it out, I was behind the wheel and in love. Letting the back end out was better than any inebriant consumed back in the day.

Age 26
Missed out on the 164 for some dumbass reason, but still bought a cool ride instead: 92 Galant VR4 Turbo AWS. It ripped and was a cool design for the times but not an Alfa.

10/2016
2007 E350 4Matic Sport Sienna Black dies last year after 130k mi and bought the wife an Infiniti EX35 Sport since I knew the Giulia was just hitting the shores. And I figured its good for the marriage to take care of the wife first. ;)

Today
After taking my second spirited test drive today in the TI, it is just a matter of color and, well, money.

So, if you have read through this post this far, the color combos are now down to two:

Vesuvio Grey ext, black/red int, sport 19”, sunroof
Silverstone Grey ext, black/tan, sport 19” sunroof

Thoughts?

I am grateful for the time Chaiguy and Rossonero3 spent talking to me at Tutto Italiano this year. It really helped clinch my decision.

Once I am in, all will know and I will post the pics! And see you at the events!

John

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Welcome John! Sorry I missed you at Tutto Italiano. And I decided to stay home last Saturday during Tutto Lite. The darn rain was just too much risk to wreck a 3rd washing the past few weeks.

The red interior is killer. I would prefer the Silverstone gray (silver) and the tan is really a no brainer in any interior. But you may like the pop a little more with Dark gray on red. It's too bad the tan isn't available in the Quad.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Getting Closer...

Although this is my first official post, I have been an avid reader of this forum for months. The great Alfa community here reflects strongly on the passion and devotion to this legendary brand. The technical posts, the enthusiastic support and camaraderie, only has reinforced and convinced me to right a ?wrong? and fulfill a destiny to join in the fun.

The back story:

Age ~9 or 10
Saw a book on racing with the 1930s open top racer and the words Alfa Romeo on the cover. I was hooked. Racing. Cars. Alfa.

Age 20, College in the North East in the late 80s
A friend?s mother let him have her black Spider Veloce at school because she didn?t like it...
Within minutes of hearing that he was letting his friends take it out, I was behind the wheel and in love. Letting the back end out was better than any inebriant consumed back in the day.

Age 26
Missed out on the 164 for some dumbass reason, but still bought a cool ride instead: 92 Galant VR4 Turbo AWS. It ripped and was a cool design for the times but not an Alfa.

10/2016
2007 E350 4Matic Sport Sienna Black dies last year after 130k mi and bought the wife an Infiniti EX35 Sport since I knew the Giulia was just hitting the shores. And I figured its good for the marriage to take care of the wife first.

Today
After taking my second spirited test drive today in the TI, it is just a matter of color and, well, money.

So, if you have read through this post this far, the color combos are now down to two:

Vesuvio Grey ext, black/red int, sport 19?, sunroof
Silverstone Grey ext, black/tan, sport 19? sunroof

Thoughts?

I am grateful for the time Chaiguy and Rossonero3 spent talking to me at Tutto Italiano this year. It really helped clinch my decision.

Once I am in, all will know and I will post the pics! And see you at the events!

John
John, we are of the same mind. When my 2004 RX-8 died in April 2015, I bought my wife an SUV and took her A4 as a hand me down so I could bode my time.
I couldn't be happier with my Giulia. The red interior is beautiful. You cannot go wrong with that. I wanted Alfa Rosso exterior and also wanted the red interior, but I think that might have been too much red! I have Tan and it is lovely and classic.
Buy it before it gets cold!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Alfa red and the red interior is an exact match! But yeah, it's a lot of red. ;)

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I was totally set on a red interior, but they did not have the right combination and I HAD to bring a car home, so I opted for the Vesuvio grey and black interior, which I am actually very satisfied with. As long as it is a Giulia ;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
There should plenty of combos to choose from. In the last month, I’ve visited at least 6 different Alfa dealers from Massachusetts down to Virginia. Have seen easily 200 Giulias, including 7-8 Quadrifoglios. Plenty of choices available.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

Boston is a cool town, I lived there four years. We drove our Ti through Boston this summer. Well, actually, we parked at the Riverside Station and took the T into town. Plenty of great roads in the area worthy of driving Alfas on.

I think you'll find that no matter which color you settle into, it will be the right color. These are first world problems.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I might be biased since it is my color combination but the Vesuvio gray with red interior is a perfect combination. When I was building my car online I initially wanted the tan interior, black didn't give enough color contrast and I thought the red was too flashy. When I went to the dealership they had no tan, all black, and one red interior. Seeing the red interior in person, I instantly loved it and wanted it. Bought that car that day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.