Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit 1,000 Miles and took Bluigi in for Oil change. Was able to get some pics. I think there is gonna be a huge discrepancy in owners experiences based on dealer. My dealer is Fiat first Alfa second so the service is not what one might expect for an 80,000 dollar car. Nothing I can’t live with, but certainly not the attention to detail one would expect. On the plus side I got to hang out and get some pics. Seems like getting to filter is the most involved part. I paid for maintenance up front, but if I had a lift at home I would do oil changes on my own. I have ramps, and may toy with possibilities anyhow.

Vehicle Auto part Airplane Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Automotive design

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Auto part Metal

Motor vehicle Engine Vehicle Automobile repair shop Auto mechanic

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
i know that for the base and the TI models, the first oil change can be at 10,000 miles.

is it different for the quadrifoglio?

thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
i know that for the base and the TI models, the first oil change can be at 10,000 miles.

is it different for the quadrifoglio?

thanks
Same thing for Quadrifoglio...first oil change at 1 year or 10000 miles. The new synthetic oils don't break down very quickly.

That said, I did ask the dealer body shop to go ahead and change the oil in my QV, since they already had it busted open to do the body work. I had put 2100 miles on it in the first five weeks of ownership, before I got rear ended, so I figured it had been properly broken in and was time for new oil.

However, I will definitely wait until I get to 10000 miles or one year before I do it again.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
I am making it's 1 year appointment for after the 1st of January...though I did change the oil on the QV at about the 1500 mile mark...
not a big believer in the 10k to 15k oil change intervals...even with the fancy synthetic oils...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m old school and probably wasting some money, but I feel better with first oil change around 1,000 Miles and then every 3-5 thou after. Not really into arguing about it with anyone, just like doing it that way.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’m old school and probably wasting some money, but I feel better with first oil change around 1,000 Miles and then every 3-5 thou after. Not really into arguing about it with anyone, just like doing it that way.

What does AR charge for an oil change on the QV or do you take it to an independent?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first was complimentary, but about 200. I bought the maintenance pack which gives me 7 oil changes and tire rotation. Gonna try to swap unnecessary rotations for a couple more oil changes.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I just had my oil changed at 4000 miles and AR picked up the tab........

·
Registered
60 Posts
My Audi dealer wanted 600 bucks for a service which was basically an oil change and look at everything else. I told them to go F themselves and did it myself for 60. I no longer have the Audi.
Max Tenet.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Is there something inherently difficult to do an oil change on these cars? I've done changes on most all my vehicles. I have a lift, oil drain catch tank, and a multitude of filter wrenches. I get 5 free ones from the dealership so I'll be letting them do the first ones but still....why so expensive?

·
Registered
189 Posts
$430 is unheard of.
Sounds about right for Canada.

I had the first service done (12k kms) and paid about $420 (CAD, including taxes). Ironically, the oil change wasn't the most expensive part, the general inspection (with tire rotation & liquid top-ups) was $260 + tax. Oil was about 80, I think, plus labour and some change. First service is not included in Canada (unless offered as a deal at purchase, I guess, not my case).

Went to the dealership for the T57 update primarily, and also because the car is fairly rare around here and I don't have a shop I trust to know what they're doing.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
I just had my oil changed at 4000 miles and AR picked up the tab........
That's odd, Dawydiak S.F. just told me that I need a minimum of 9000 miles to qualify for the free first oil change.

To change the oil in a 2.0T Giulia one needs to remove one of the aero panels on the underside of the car. It should not be difficult, but it is a little time consuming.

$420 for a Giulia 2.0T oil change seems too high to me, even in Canadian dollars and including the various inspections that are supposed to be done with the first service.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
That's odd, Dawydiak S.F. just told me that I need a minimum of 9000 miles to qualify for the free first oil change.
Yes it is as the fact that they covered replacement of front rotors and pads...... I am not complaining......

·
Registered
7 Posts
My local dealer confirmed that the first one is free and subsequent changes are $438 USD. $100 for the oil, $120 for the filter and the rest is labor and disposal fees. I will be shopping around when the time comes for the next oil change.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

To change the oil in a 2.0T Giulia one needs to remove one of the aero panels on the underside of the car. It should not be difficult, but it is a little time consuming.

$420 for a Giulia 2.0T oil change seems too high to me, even in Canadian dollars and including the various inspections that are supposed to be done with the first service.
Lockem I was told the same 1 year or 10,000 miles not a mile over and I am not sure I could go 1000 miles under. Honestly it will be the month of the one year. I doubt I will hit 10k miles. Maybe it was gratuitous because he is just more important than us yahoos that have to pay for oil changes

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Yes it is as the fact that they covered replacement of front rotors and pads...... I am not complaining......
The rotors and pads were because of warranty issues not maintenance. Your dealership obviously is very good to you because that is not typical and not part of the AR basic warranty so your dealer is picking it up unless for some reason they felt because they changed the rotors they would do the oil change for convenience. AR doesn't reimburse the dealerships for anything but one year service ad warranty unless you have a prepaid maintenance which does not exist on a qv.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The rotors and pads were because of warranty issues not maintenance. Your dealership obviously is very good to you because that is not typical and not part of the AR basic warranty so your dealer is picking it up unless for some reason they felt because they changed the rotors they would do the oil change for convenience. AR doesn't reimburse the dealerships for anything but one year service ad warranty unless you have a prepaid maintenance which does not exist on a qv.
I have referred several people to my dealer and let’s say.... they take good care of my QV needs.....0:)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts