Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After just over a month and 1200 miles I experienced my first issues. The car stalled and gave a stop start fault when backing out of my driveway this morning, and then stalled again after filling up at lunch today. I've called the dealer and am awaiting a call back to see about scheduling an appointment to have the TSBs applied.

Patrick

·
Registered
271 Posts
After just over a month and 1200 miles I experienced my first issues. The car stalled and gave a stop start fault when backing out of my driveway this morning, and then stalled again after filling up at lunch today. I've called the dealer and am awaiting a call back to see about scheduling an appointment to have the TSBs applied.

Patrick

I would have them perform all the appropriate updates needed for your car. My situation was this, they "updated the software" but didn't update the newer updates, I guess its true you must complain about limp mode/shut down/re-fueling etc in order to get the latest update available for the car.

·
Registered
526 Posts
There has got to be some reason that Alfa is being so selective with their updates. There are a lot of smart people involved, just boggles my mind.

·
Registered
271 Posts
There has got to be some reason that Alfa is being so selective with their updates. There are a lot of smart people involved, just boggles my mind.

I agree with you it boggles my mind as well but then again nothing surprises me any more. I had my fair share of complaints and no resolution from other car mfg's.

Its a business but in this case Alfa should update these cars right out of the dealer showroom....

·
Vendor
619 Posts
FCA service centers as of late this year are implementing procedures that would require them to only update certain recall based software. They will no longer voluntarily update software if not mandated by a recall.

General software based Updates/TSBs will only be installed at the owners request OR if the issues described by the customer are addressed by the software update.

The general goal of this is to cut down on service times/costs.

So ensure you request the latest software during service OR when picking up a new vehicle.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
So ensure you request the latest software during service OR when picking up a new vehicle.
I did, they didn't. Going in tomorrow, and the Sales Manager is right peeved at the Service Manager who told him my car WAS updated. I read chapter and verse about what is wrong (presets disappeared, stall, slow navi) and sent him a list of all the RRT's I could locate for a Jan '17 vehicle. I expect to be put in a loaner for tomorrow and get the updated car back tomorrow evening. We'll see, but AlfaRomeoCares is in my back pocket. They confirmed some of the updates and offered to schedule it for me...that'll be my next hammer, if the Service Department tries to play games.>:)>:)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I did, they didn't. Going in tomorrow, and the Sales Manager is right peeved at the Service Manager who told him my car WAS updated. I read chapter and verse about what is wrong (presets disappeared, stall, slow navi) and sent him a list of all the RRT's I could locate for a Jan '17 vehicle. I expect to be put in a loaner for tomorrow and get the updated car back tomorrow evening. We'll see, but AlfaRomeoCares is in my back pocket. They confirmed some of the updates and offered to schedule it for me...that'll be my next hammer, if the Service Department tries to play games.>:)>:)
I am in North Texas as well. What dealer?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Using "Ewing" Alfa, haven't heard what the new name will be. It's the old Holt, on the westside. The Holt on the eastside is now Essence Fiat/Alfa/Maserati, no experience with them.

"Ewing" was bought around July 1, so they are struggling to get things going right. The old managers were morons, and it's taking quite a bit of work to get things straightened out, but the new owners seem like straight shooters...they are there all the time, trying to get things going smoothly. The old accounting department was retained till Aug 1, but after that it should be all new.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Wow that's a surprise. I think I may have seen some of their listings in the spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts