Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after 86 days of waiting, she finally showed up in her blue dress, just drop dead gorgeous. I can't stop staring at her all day today..

Anyways back to the story, here are some of my first impression from today.

The Good

1. Exterior
I've looked at countless Youtube video and images of Giulia before today but she looks even more beautiful in person. I love the stance and overall proportion, not to mention no other cars on the streets look like her.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Alfa romeo
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive design

2. Interior

Like many people before me mentioned about the screen position, after seeing it in person I finally get what they are talking about, the continuous line from the dashboard to the right A/C vent is just beautiful.
I've heard some people said the interior feels cheap, I disagree. I opt for the tan interior, and I think it looks great for the car in this price range.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Vehicle door
Vehicle Gear shift Car Personal luxury car Center console

3. The Ride
The suspension feels just right, it's firm and controlled but not too harsh. The steering is just fabulous, very responsive.

The Bad (or more like quirky)

1. Key Fob
A little bit bulky to my liking.
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior

2. User's Manual
I was given a Stelvio Manual for some reason. :surprise:

3. Wind Noise
There was a thread earlier about the wind noise when car reaches +70 mph. I heard this when driving today. I guess I will go look for where it's coming from tomorrow.

That's it, a bit short since it's only my 1st day. Will update more in near future.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
One thing to be aware of regarding wind noise: both the hood and the doors are a little hard to shut properly. The hood is hard to shut because there are 2 latches and the hood is very light. It is a good idea to use one hand on each side of the hood to give it a little help when closing. You should not need to slam it, but if you ease it down you might not get both latches fully caught.

AR used firm seals around the door and it can give the impression of being fully closed when it is not. You shouldn't need to slam it hard, but you can't be gentle and expect it to be fully closed. The lady wants a firm touch, but don't hit her :)

The 19" sport package might reduce wind noise--I do not know for certain. I only test drove the 19" sport package.

Let us know if either of these makes a difference. I don't have my car yet and only got up to 70MPH in my test drive (no wind noise observed at all).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing to be aware of regarding wind noise: both the hood and the doors are a little hard to shut properly. The hood is hard to shut because there are 2 latches and the hood is very light. It is a good idea to use one hand on each side of the hood to give it a little help when closing. You should not need to slam it, but if you ease it down you might not get both latches fully caught.

AR used firm seals around the door and it can give the impression of being fully closed when it is not. You shouldn't need to slam it hard, but you can't be gentle and expect it to be fully closed. The lady wants a firm touch, but don't hit her :)

The 19" sport package might reduce wind noise--I do not know for certain. I only test drove the 19" sport package.

Let us know if either of these makes a difference. I don't have my car yet and only got up to 70MPH in my test drive (no wind noise observed at all).
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely check the hood and the doors tomorrow. And I forgot to mention the noise I heard today is coming from the passenger side door.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Alfa says to release the hood when it is still approximately 16" from closed and let the hood close by itself, by its own gravity, no not push down to close. Seems to work good for me.

See owner's manual, page 36, "HOOD/Closing". I actually read manuals!

Also see "apps/user's manual" on your entertainment menu screen. It is very well organized, helpful and not just a pdf of the manual. I leaned about the "Rear Fog Lights" there, great safety feature if you sometimes have thick fog. Two of the dealers sales people didn't know what I was talking about even though the fog light symbol is on the headlights control knob. Page 29, owners manual, "Rear Fog Light".

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
Alfa says to release the hood when it is still approximately 16" from closed and let the hood close by itself, by its own gravity, no not push down to close. Seems to work good for me.
Whatever works for you. I prefer to control the closing myself. I think Alfa was just concerned that you would put your hands on top of the hood and ram it down, denting the hood in the process. For the QV I seem to recollect that the manual says that dropping the hood may not work because the hood is too light.

I am still waiting for my ordered car to arrive. The dealer's car I lifted the hood of to have a look at the engine, I closed the hood the way I prefer: hood about 4-6" open and a gentle push with my hands.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I like to slam.....everything....!!!>:)

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
647 Posts
OK, thanks, just trying to be helpful, whatever works for you. I'll just ignore the owner's manual from now on.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I definitely noticed the two latches upon delivery of my car since the passenger side seemed "off". Once I opened and re-closed the hood I became more aware of making sure to push down on both sides to have the latches engaged.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
congrats! See looks lovely. As Guinness once said.. "good thing come to those who wait" ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
So after 86 days of waiting, she finally showed up in her blue dress, just drop dead gorgeous. I can't stop staring at her all day today..

Anyways back to the story, here are some of my first impression from today.

The Good

1. Exterior
I've looked at countless Youtube video and images of Giulia before today but she looks even more beautiful in person. I love the stance and overall proportion, not to mention no other cars on the streets look like her.
View attachment 16818
View attachment 16810
View attachment 16866

2. Interior

Like many people before me mentioned about the screen position, after seeing it in person I finally get what they are talking about, the continuous line from the dashboard to the right A/C vent is just beautiful.
I've heard some people said the interior feels cheap, I disagree. I opt for the tan interior, and I think it looks great for the car in this price range.
View attachment 16826
View attachment 16834

3. The Ride
The suspension feels just right, it's firm and controlled but not too harsh. The steering is just fabulous, very responsive.

The Bad (or more like quirky)

1. Key Fob
A little bit bulky to my liking.
View attachment 16842

2. Manual

3. Wind Noise
There was a thread earlier about the wind noise when car reaches +70 mph. I heard this when driving today. I guess I will go look for where it's coming from tomorrow.

That's it, a bit short since it's only my 1st day. Will update more in near future.
Welcome to the Blue/Tan combo club! Enjoy all the attention, and of course the driving!!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
2. Manual
My heart skipped until I read the second line and realized you meant the owner's manual.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts