Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up my QV a week ago now and have already completed a few mods!

Debadged - Removed the "Giulia" badge on the rear. Looks much cleaner and removes the chrome which isn't consistent with the rest of the car.

Opened exhaust valves - Alfa permanently opened the valves as the car was much too muted for my liking. It really isn't too loud and I find it to be perfect for everyday driving. There are spots low in the rev range though that don't sound all too good but thats to be expected with a 6 cylinder twin turbo.

ST lowering springs - Ride height is perfect now and how I think it should have come out of the factory. The ride quality seems to be slightly firmer but it could just be placebo. Have not yet scraped the lip but I wouldn't go any lower because it is my everyday car.

Wheel spacers - Fitted 10mm H&R wheel spacers all round. In hindsight, I probably would have gone 15mm or perhaps even 20mm for a more aggressive look.

Carbon fibre grill - Took a chance and ordered a set off ebay for about $100. It is a cover and not a full replacement grill but does the job well. Did not want to pay $800 for the OEM carbon fibre grill, just couldn't justify that kind of money.

Ceramic paint protection - The Trofeo White paint glows after the 3 layer ceramic protection! The paint is silky smooth to the touch, highly recommend. Car stays cleaner longer and is very easy to clean.

ClicOn Phone Holder - Expensive but highly, highly recommend. Much better than any magnetic, window suction or air vent holders. Phone slides straight in and out. Easy installation and very convenient as the Guilia has no real place to put your phone.

Enjoy the photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,439 Posts
Nice

How did you open the exhaust? Forza?

Link to the grill you bought please, and how did you install it?

·
Registered
443 Posts

Debadged - Removed the "Giulia" badge on the rear. Looks much cleaner and removes the chrome which isn't consistent with the rest of the car.

Opened exhaust valves - Alfa permanently opened the valves as the car was much too muted for my liking. It really isn't too loud and I find it to be perfect for everyday driving. There are spots low in the rev range though that don't sound all too good but thats to be expected with a 6 cylinder twin turbo.

ST lowering springs - Ride height is perfect now and how I think it should have come out of the factory. The ride quality seems to be slightly firmer but it could just be placebo. Have not yet scraped the lip but I wouldn't go any lower because it is my everyday car.

Wheel spacers - Fitted 10mm H&R wheel spacers all round. In hindsight, I probably would have gone 15mm or perhaps even 20mm for a more aggressive look.

Carbon fibre grill - Took a chance and ordered a set off ebay for about $100. It is a cover and not a full replacement grill but does the job well. Did not want to pay $800 for the OEM carbon fibre grill, just couldn't justify that kind of money.

Ceramic paint protection - The Trofeo White paint glows after the 3 layer ceramic protection! The paint is silky smooth to the touch, highly recommend. Car stays cleaner longer and is very easy to clean.

ClicOn Phone Holder - Expensive but highly, highly recommend. Much better than any magnetic, window suction or air vent holders. Phone slides straight in and out. Easy installation and very convenient as the Guilia has no real place to put your phone.

Enjoy the photos!
Looks great! I've been kicking around debaging the rear as well. Any pics of that?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Enjoy the photos!
Looks great! I've been kicking around debaging the rear as well. Any pics of that?
Not the best photo but here you go. Looks much cleaner in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Nice

How did you open the exhaust? Forza?

Link to the grill you bought please, and how did you install it?
No, Alfa are able to disconnect something which permanently opens the valves. No cost. But you cannot close the valves unless you reverse the mod.

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Carbon-Fi...lies/tango_face_kiss.png[/IMG]EIAAOSwmSdaTvu7
Oh didn't know Alfa offered that; my dealer certainly didn't

The grill description isn't clear, does this sit on top of the existing grill or do you have to remove the old one first, and if so, how did you do that?

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Oh didn't know Alfa offered that; my dealer certainly didn't

The grill description isn't clear, does this sit on top of the existing grill or do you have to remove the old one first, and if so, how did you do that?
Assuming it is similar to the one we offer then it slides over and mounts to the factory V.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I'd like to paint my badge. Either black or red

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
Alfa seems to have put the steering wheel on the wrong side of your car, a major fault that you should probably have someone look at :)

I had the trunk badges removed and had vinyl GIULIA lettering installed on my Bianco Trofeo Q4. It looks way better than chromed plastic on a white car and is easier to keep clean. No problems with paint over chrome wearing off either.

Spacers seem likely to upset the near perfect stock handling of the car and combined with lowering increase the chances that you will have fender arch rubbing issues.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Glad you're enjoying the QV OP, beautiful car! Thanks for sharing pics too!

Any specs on the ST springs? Just wondering who makes them (Eibach, H&R, Swift...or are they a manufacturer I'm unfamiliar with?), spring rates, etc?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alfa seems to have put the steering wheel on the wrong side of your car, a major fault that you should probably have someone look at ?

I had the trunk badges removed and had vinyl GIULIA lettering installed on my Bianco Trofeo Q4. It looks way better than chromed plastic on a white car and is easier to keep clean. No problems with paint over chrome wearing off either.

Spacers seem likely to upset the near perfect stock handling of the car and combined with lowering increase the chances that you will have fender arch rubbing issues.
No rubbing whatsoever, there is still quite a gap between tire and fender. Handling wise the car feels the same but I havent been on a track nor am I a pro driver to be able to feel any difference.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad you're enjoying the QV OP, beautiful car! Thanks for sharing pics too!

Any specs on the ST springs? Just wondering who makes them (Eibach, H&R, Swift...or are they a manufacturer I'm unfamiliar with?), spring rates, etc?
I believe they are made by KW and lower the car up to an inch.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I will not remove the badge...too much fun looking out the rear view mirror and reading the lips of those behind as they say...G I U L I A:)
And of course the shot and dialog from the ad... "See you 'round, Giulia." :D

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
I believe they are made by KW and lower the car up to an inch.
ST are KW products that were not up to KW standards. They get rebadged and sold under ST.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Not the best photo but here you go. Looks much cleaner in my opinion.
Yes, I would also remove the hideous dealer's "commercial" around the plate.......

Reactions: lowlight
1 - 20 of 44 Posts