Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made the 3 hour drive and wasn't sure how the QV would stack up against my Mercedes CLS55AMG.

I could not be more impressed. I got 28mpg and it was super comfortable and quiet. Very little drivers fatigue. The best part was the safety features like lane departure,radar cruise control, and auto braking which kind of saved my ass at one point.

Glad I added the JL Audio subwoofer and amp. Added an amazing EQ app to my iPhone and the sound is just fine at my very high standards.

This has been a great purchase.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Do you have model specs for subwoofer and amp ?

Also, using the HK speakers ? They apparently are one of the weak links in the Giulia's optional audio set up....Please advise....D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use Equ as the app. The beauty is the ability to move the curve by dragging your finger. For me the lower midrange is sucky with the stock system. Sub helps that.

On the subwoofer there is a thread here on that topic if you do a search for JL Audio audio and Audio Control. Adding a sub and using a lot of time to get the crossover point right is important. The f*cking car stereo store screwed it up. I told them to cross over the sub at 100hZ and they crossed it at 60 to make it go boom boom. And it was out of phase.

A subwoofer properly adjusted is about better MIDRANGE not just bass. It helps EVERYTHING. I own a high end home audio store named Upscale Audio. I know my stuff. I'm kind of busy to spend more time with it but as I recall the sub is crossed at about 90hZ at this point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts