Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love this car.
I have used it for kid drop-off and pick-up. Driven to work couple of times. Took my daughter and her best friend to basketball tournament last night. Couple of gentle canyon blasts. I have yet to mat the throttle, but super impressed with how docile this engine can be, and then how freakin coo-coo pants it is when prodded. I have never had a car with so many distinct personalities. Frankly, all modes are engaging (even A, if you want a relaxed, bumper-to-bumper commute).

If you sold me this car without any drive train and let me just stare at the exterior and interior, I would still love it. Same would be said if it looked like an AMC Matador and it had the drive train of the Quadrifoglio. The fact that it has both is outrageous. My favorite sound so far is an aggressive downshift requiring north of 5,000 rpm. The smoothness of the engine coupled with the ripping noise is heavenly.

The weirdest part of car is the horrible bumping and jumping when turning wheel and maneuvering at parking lot speeds.

Word of warning to those picking up new cars. I had the dealer NOT detail car as I wanted to do paint prep/correction myself. The driver door edge had a small chip, and the passenger door had a visible ding.

The chip is easily fixable , and the dealer ordered touch up paint for me, the ding was heartbreaking for me, but it has been corrected with PDR. The SUPER-DISAPPOINTING thing is that the ding was from inside out. Meaning that it had to happen at manufacturing, and made it past inspection. The PDR guy in Alb is Marty at Dent Erasers, and he used nylon punches to bang the ding back in. I will repolish and wax the area today. As predicted Alfa of Albuquerque has been awesome to deal with, and paid for process with no questions asked. I haven’t had a ding in a car since my self-afflicted one 12 years ago.

Finally, I have a track wrap (suntek) and tint for 2200, Abq Tint Pros(ask for Abel).

Anyone on fence regarding Sparcos, my advice is unless you are in love with idea-forget em. Base seats are terrific.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Glad to hear you love her! Sorry about the ding!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks for sharing your impressions.
I totally agree with you regarding QV's "many distinct personalities" and as you said A-mode is also quite nice with a purpose (and I thought I would never ever use A-mode).
Yes, other cars have "modes", but they are usually similar with some steering feel or throttle resposne adjustemt, yet QV really does seem to have distinct personalities with its modes especially between R and A.

Regarding Sparco seats, I know opinions vary on this and as comfortable as the the base QV seats are (which I know are quite comfortable), I absolutely love the Sparco seats and I think they are the best car seats I have ever experienced.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks for sharing your review & congrats on the car!

I agree that base seats look good - side bolstering appears more than adequate.

However, after seeing carbon fiber shell seats not being available in USDM market on various cars over the years the Sparco seat option is a must have for me!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sorry about the ding, but glad to see you enjoy the car ...... It is true in terms of the car having multiple personalities ...... from Prius in "A" to quite the beast in "D" and "Race". Like I've said before I make up things to do and errands to run just to drive the car .....Your post reminded me I need to get touch-up paint .....

·
Registered
440 Posts
The chip is easily fixable , and the dealer ordered touch up paint for me
Question, what color is your Quad?

I ask only because our dealership could not order any touch-up paint for our trofeo white as it is "not available" directly from Alfa.

And congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
554 Posts
FWIW regarding the slow speed tires chattering when you turn the wheels- it was completely eliminated when I changed out the stock tires. I put on some Continental All Seasons (same size as OEM) and no more chattering at all.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Question, what color is your Quad?

I ask only because our dealership could not order any touch-up paint for our trofeo white as it is "not available" directly from Alfa.

And congrats on the new car!

Thanks! Misano Blue. I have the paint, but not sure of exact match. I haven’t opened it yet. If not exact, I will wait. There is a very involved kit available on eBay, and it seems to have all colors available, but it isn’t cheap. I will try to post link.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
FWIW regarding the slow speed tires chattering when you turn the wheels- it was completely eliminated when I changed out the stock tires. I put on some Continental All Seasons (same size as OEM) and no more chattering at all.
Were they run-flats?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Were they run-flats?
I don't think I've experienced chatter with my snow tires (which are also Pirelli run-flats). I'll pay attention to confirm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts