Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Extremely happy to report not a single issue. Well gas mileage is a big issue, 13 MPG WOW. Everything else is working as it should. What a car, I have a silly grin from ear to ear everytime I drive it. Although I have to say that I fully expect to get a massive ticket before long. The way it gets to triple digit speed is nothing short of astonishing. The wife has already warned me not ot call her to get me out of jail. I do have one question for you guys and one observation. How do I get a/c flowing to the vents in the rear seats? I just cant figure it out. The observation and personal gripe. Is it just me or the manual shifting using the stick is counter intuitive. I want to push the stick up to move to the next gear and down to downshift not the other way around. Found myself shifting in the wrong gear because I cant make the adjustment in my mind. Yes I know I should use the paddles. Sometimes is just natural me to use the gear shift.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Nice to hear.......I assuming you are talking about the QV?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Extremely happy to report not a single issue. Well gas mileage is a big issue, 13 MPG WOW. Everything else is working as it should. What a car, I have a silly grin from ear to ear everytime I drive it. Although I have to say that I fully expect to get a massive ticket before long. The way it gets to triple digit speed is nothing short of astonishing. The wife has already warned me not ot call her to get me out of jail. I do have one question for you guys and one observation. How do I get a/c flowing to the vents in the rear seats? I just cant figure it out. The observation and personal gripe. Is it just me or the manual shifting using the stick is counter intuitive. I want to push the stick up to move to the next gear and down to downshift not the other way around. Found myself shifting in the wrong gear because I cant make the adjustment in my mind. Yes I know I should use the paddles. Sometimes is just natural me to use the gear shift.
Re: the gear shift set up, this style is derived from actual motorsports when it come to G - Forces on the driver and the natural inertia of the driver's needs of movement when full throttle / full braking. Porsche has this in their RSRs / Cup Cars and in various versions of their street cars.

Most mainstream manufacturers have changed this w/ regards to the mindset of up to upshift, down to down shift.

·
Registered
526 Posts
re gas mileage- In order for me to try not to get a ticket, I've been playing a game to see how good of gas mileage I can get. Pitiful, I know and I haven't been 100% successful but the best in town mileage I have recorded is 17.1 mpg. This does include a blast here and there, just can't help it. I am also measuring actual mileage based on miles driven and gallons to refuel, not depending on the dash gauge which I found a little optimistic.

I could see you easily getting 13 mpg or maybe less in town with spirited driving.

As for the a/c vents, to open or close them you spin them clockwise or counterclockwise. Have you tried this?

Re the shifter, I'm paddles all the way...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Re: the gear shift set up, this style is derived from actual motorsports when it come to G - Forces on the driver and the natural inertia of the driver's needs of movement when full throttle / full braking. Porsche has this in their RSRs / Cup Cars and in various versions of their street cars.

Most mainstream manufacturers have changed this w/ regards to the mindset of up to upshift, down to down shift.
Most Porsche street cars have been forward for up, going back to the first Tiptronics, and then up to and including the 991.1 PDK (RS excluded)

Fortunately the street cars are now forward for downshift as of the 991.2 and 718s.

·
Registered
641 Posts
re gas mileage- In order for me to try not to get a ticket, I've been playing a game to see how good of gas mileage I can get. Pitiful, I know and I haven't been 100% successful but the best in town mileage I have recorded is 17.1 mpg. This does include a blast here and there, just can't help it. I am also measuring actual mileage based on miles driven and gallons to refuel, not depending on the dash gauge which I found a little optimistic.

I could see you easily getting 13 mpg or maybe less in town with spirited driving.

As for the a/c vents, to open or close them you spin them clockwise or counterclockwise. Have you tried this?

Re the shifter, I'm paddles all the way...
Funny to know that when I get my QV in August (so they claim), it actually might get worse gas mileage than my Audi RS4 V8. I get 14mpg unless I'm on along cruise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.