Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just crossed over 1000 miles on my Ti. Ross Competizione, sport package, static assist, NAV, HK upgrade. I test drove the base, Lusso, and sport models, so am pretty familiar with the various trim options. Here are some thoughts so far:

1) Love the sport seats - very comfortable and just the right amount of firmness.
2) 5 hole wheels are easy on the eyes - show off the calipers.
3) Flat black window moulding is a nice look.. Would have considered a Lusso interior if pairing that with the 5 hole wheels and flat black window trim was an option.
4) Heated steering wheel is great..We've had a cold, wet, spring in Seattle so I find I've been using this and the heated seat quite a bit.
5) This is a really, fun car to drive - it's the best handling car I've ever owned, the steering is phenomenal, and it accelerates flawlessly. Overall, the on-road experience has been great. This is a driver's car, and yes, I have felt the "soul" that long term Alfa owners have referenced.

The not-so-greats would be:
1) On a custom order I'd skip the NAV system, and just integrate my iPhone NAV via car play.
2) The speaker audio for phone calls is so-so..

Wish list
1) Louder exhaust note - hoping this comes up on the after market - just a bit of that 4C sound!
2) Side mirrors have don't blink when changing lanes, yet blink when car is unlocked. Wish that safety feature was active.
3) Really wish the Alfa badge on the steering wheel was in color vs the black/aluminum.
4) Wish the colored Alfa logo that boots up when the car is turned on was an option on the infotainment screen.. I'd rather drive looking at the sweet logo in color as compared to a a readout of what song was on the radio, etc.

Two gremlins so far, each a one-time thing:
1) At first gas fill-up I stalled and went into neutral after 10 feet. Just restarted the car and no other issues on subsequent fill ups.
2) I was in D mode, going down a pretty steep hill at 30 mph, and braking a fairly moderate amount and the car did close to a full stop - like it was reading my braking as a full stop, vs just controlling speed. Seemed it wanted to just "jerk" to a stop..anyway once on flat ground the throttle seems out of synch with the clutch...RPMs at 3500 but no corresponding increase in acceleration - the feeling you get on a manual when the clutch starts to go. Anyways I switched to A mode and instantly things were fine. Went back to N and then D and no other issues. I'm due to pick up my plates from the dealer next week and will ask them to do a scan..

Overall, very pleased with the car. I find myself making excuses to get out of the house/office to take it for a drive and once on the road taking longer routes that will let the car open up a bit. Haven't felt that way since my 240Z at age 18 :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
4) Wish the colored Alfa logo that boots up when the car is turned on was an option on the infotainment screen.. I'd rather drive looking at the sweet logo in color as compared to a a readout of what song was on the radio, etc.
SO, here's something funny. Yesterday I was on the phone, via the bluetooth in the car. When I hung up, the infotainment screen stays on the phone window and the colored Alfa logo stays in the background, just like the start-up. And it stayed until I hit the menu button to go back to the media selection.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SO, here's something funny. Yesterday I was on the phone, via the bluetooth in the car. When I hung up, the infotainment screen stays on the phone window and the colored Alfa logo stays in the background, just like the start-up. And it stayed until I hit the menu button to go back to the media selection.
Hah!! I would love to have that colored logo as an option for onscreen while driving.. Also, I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but only 6 channels in the presets is lame... My '05 Tacoma has 6 x FM1, FM2, and AM1 for 18 total..

I bet both the presets and the logo could be tweaked with software updates.. Or eventually someone will figure out a hack..

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Hah!! I would love to have that colored logo as an option for onscreen while driving.. Also, I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but only 6 channels in the presets is lame... My '05 Tacoma has 6 x FM1, FM2, and AM1 for 18 total..
Who knows why the infotainment engineers decided to only place 6 presets in the "hot" button "down" queue of the rotary dial.

Though, there are many more presets available! Yes, this is true!

Click on the Radio icon with the center rotary then favorites. You can add, delete or change the position of stations in the favorites sub-menu. Here is where you can "Add" more than 6 presets. Nice trick, eh?

The ability to move favorites into the top 6 places them in the viewable hot queue (by moving the rotary dial to the "down" position). Presets 7+ exist, but they are hidden until you click into favorites. Every other radio system out there in the world has paged queues FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, AM2 etc.... but noope. Alfa and Magnetti Marelli reinvented the wheel to click around the issue in a counter-intuitive fashion.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
And I think the rationale, besides tradition of the black logos, was to avoid distraction from the road. Flashy heraldry symbols was too much apparently.

Reactions: GioSailor

·
Registered
343 Posts
Who knows why the infotainment engineers decided to only place 6 presets in the "hot" button "down" queue of the rotary dial.

Though, there are many more presets available! Yes, this is true!

Click on the Radio icon with the center rotary then favorites. You can add, delete or change the position of stations in the favorites sub-menu. Here is where you can "Add" more than 6 presets. Nice trick, eh?

The ability to move favorites into the top 6 places them in the viewable hot queue (by moving the rotary dial to the "down" position). Presets 7+ exist, but they are hidden until you click into favorites. Every other radio system out there in the world has paged queues FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, AM2 etc.... but noope. Alfa and Magnetti Marelli reinvented the wheel to click around the issue in a counter-intuitive fashion.

Hope this helps!
That is great to know!!! Thanks

Also, GFRFAN, my mirror turn signals due blink when I am changing lanes.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<<Also, GFRFAN, my mirror turn signals due blink when I am changing lanes.>>

John (Alfa Vegas) , what packages do you have? I've got the static safety package and haven't found a way to get the mirrors to blink..

thanks,

Bruce (GFRfan)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bruce,

So after seeing your post yesterday, I was curious, so I watched them every time I tapped the turn-signal lever for a lane change. They came on and blinked the same 3 times that the turn signals did. I then even tried it in my garage with the door down so it would be dark, just to make sure I was really seeing them blink. And they did.

I have the 19" Sport package and static safety package.

John

·
Registered
112 Posts
The colored Alfa logo you see in your picture is the icon associated with your phone. In settings, there are several to choose from - 5 or 6, I think. As long as you keep the phone menu up, you can see it on the screen.

Reactions: inikkor
1 - 13 of 13 Posts