Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it official today when I picked up my QV! 4 months and 1 day since I placed my order. I am beyond impressed with the car, it's my dream come true and then some.

I finally feel officially part of the club even though I own 7 other Alfas.

This is one sick car!

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
That IS one sick car!!! Congrats!
It will REALLY start to sink in and give you goosebumps the first hundred or so times that you park it out in public and then turn around to look at it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Or is this the Competiione Tri coat? Fantastic looking ride.>:)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nice. Congrats!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The car is Rosso Red, only options are the Wheels and CCB (mandatory option)
This car has such the Jekyll & Hyde personality, one minute you feel like the starship enterprise when it goes into warp speed and the next is a mild mannered civilized sedan. I've scared my Dad, Wife, Son, Wife's sister and even myself. I could never have imagined what I was getting myself into but **** sure glad I did!

As luck would have it I had to go away on business the rest of this week so she is sitting in the garage waiting on my return.

I even thought up a name which I don't normally do, Jenny, from my favorite movie, Forrest Gump. There is a particular scene in the movie where Forrest first sees Little Forest and he tells Jenny "He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen" or something like that. Well I couldn't name her Forrest so its Jenny. Jenny also had a pretty wild side also. I wonder what Jenny is in Italian?

I know, pretty corny...

Anyway, I plan on actually giving my own mini-review when I get a few miles on her, at least my personal thoughts. All I can say after driving it 26 miles is Alfa has hit a home run!

My other Alfas are
1959 Sprint
1959 Spider Veloce
1961 Spider
1961 Spider (SCCA F-Prod)
1967 Giulia Super
1967 Duetto
1971 1750 Spider

·
Registered
11 Posts
The car is Rosso Red, only options are the Wheels and CCB (mandatory option)
This car has such the Jekyll & Hyde personality, one minute you feel like the starship enterprise when it goes into warp speed and the next is a mild mannered civilized sedan. I've scared my Dad, Wife, Son, Wife's sister and even myself. I could never have imagined what I was getting myself into but **** sure glad I did!

As luck would have it I had to go away on business the rest of this week so she is sitting in the garage waiting on my return.

I even thought up a name which I don't normally do, Jenny, from my favorite movie, Forrest Gump. There is a particular scene in the movie where Forrest first sees Little Forest and he tells Jenny "He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen" or something like that. Well I couldn't name her Forrest so its Jenny. Jenny also had a pretty wild side also. I wonder what Jenny is in Italian?

I know, pretty corny...

Anyway, I plan on actually giving my own mini-review when I get a few miles on her, at least my personal thoughts. All I can say after driving it 26 miles is Alfa has hit a home run!

My other Alfas are
1959 Sprint
1959 Spider Veloce
1961 Spider
1961 Spider (SCCA F-Prod)
1967 Giulia Super
1967 Duetto
1971 1750 Spider
So they made you order the Carbon Ceramic Brakes?

I just ordered one and was not required to order the CCB's. All though my allocation does not go in until the 13th. Makes me wounder if they are going to make me order it with the CCB's at the allocation date....

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
CCB was a mandatory option when I ordered my car last December but it was at the cheaper price. Mines a stripper, only options being the wheels and brakes. Still not a bad ride...

You won't be forced to get them after the fact. I just think Alfa wanted a few sold to reduce inventory. I love them though, they make the car.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Nice! Congrats.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts