Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow.

Some context I drive a 2018 Ti Sport Q4 and have put ~20k miles on it. I've been waiting to test drive a QV for a couple years now. I watch way to many reviews and read way to many posts on the forum about the QV and how it is to daily it as that's what I am looking to do.

First off how do all of you QV owners not have 1 million tickets and not drive in Race Mode 100% of the time? Joking but seriously that was way too much fun.

Immediate first impressions, sound from the engine is epic, speed builds at an insane pace and Race Mode is contagious. N mode is super normal and feels just like the Q4 slightly firmer but not at all a punishing ride. Never tried A mode as I only use that on my Q4 when i'm using cruise control on the highway. To think you can drive it normal and flip the selector to D or Race and get that performance is bananas again not news but to finally experience it is something else. Triple digits must happen every drive if you're not paying attention.

I have a bit more time on my lease but I'll be looking to jump to a Giulia QV or Stelvio QV. I live in the Northeast and ski quite a bit and want to have traction for the drives up the mountains. If any of your drive the Giulia QV regularly in the northeast it would be great to hear from you.

Holy shit that was fun. Now back to the Q4 Ti for a bit.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I always try to get the highest tier of a model that I can afford. If not, I'm always lusting after it and I end of just getting it in the end. Three series? had it for a year and moved on to M3s. Then I became a Porsche guy, started with a Carrera, moved on to an S, than a GTS. I was looking for a GT3 when my wife got pregnant and I needed a four door. Never considered a non-QV Giulia (although I hear they are great cars). That's just me though.

So far no tickets. I hardly ever use race mode and keep it in dynamic mode (exhaust is always opened so I get the race sound at all times). With a piggy back tune, it really wakes up the car. It is a beast for sure. I find that the cruise control is the best way to control yourself on the highway. However, on back roads I tear it up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2018 QV was at the dealership a few weeks ago to have new springs installed and they gave me a 2020 Giulia Q4 Ti Sport as a loaner. I put a couple of hundred miles on the car and immediately felt right at home as I expected, but surprisingly it felt like a smaller, more tossable car in some respects. I can’t put my finger on why exactly, but getting back in my own car again it’s immediately apparent how much its engine dominates the QVs personality and changes the experience entirely. I’ll confess that it can still scare the crap out of me sometimes and you really need to be attentive given how deceptively quick it is.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Love my QV and wish I could drive it more as I live in Ohio and she rarely comes out to play in the winter. I’ve considered a Stelvio QV for a while as quite honestly it’s the best of both worlds. If I had to do it over again I’d have bought the Stelvio QV. You don’t have to worry about scraping the front splitter, potholes are not as big of a deal and you get the all wheel drive so can drive with confidence in poor WX. I also have a very steep drive and in winter time your not getting up it without all wheel drive. My wife has a 2020 Stelvio TI sport and loves it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just picked up my QV this past Saturday and drove it home (6 hours), it was the best drive I've experienced in a very long time.

I also own an Exige but this a different animal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts