Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone - I finally pulled the trigger - got a Misano Blue Giulia Ti Sport Q4. I love the car so far and will post pictures tomorrow. Drove 400 miles for it since I got a great deal compared to NJ dealers. it is beautiful and so glad I chose it over one of the other competing brands.

One question - I got a paint chip on the hood, does Dr. Colorchip work for this? Does anyone have experience touching up misano blue? I didn't hear it so not sure if it came as a defect or was picked up on the 400 mile drive back... but I made sure to stay back from other cars

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks! I am definitely enjoying her.

I am comparing different companies and found Dr. Colorchip and Chipex, anyone have experience with these?

when I select color on Dr Colorchip it says

This is a tri-coat pearl / 3-stage color, meaning it was painted with a base coat, pearl coat and tinted clear coat. There is not a single color formula that exactly matches. However, the paint you receive should allow for a very close color match and yield far better results than using regular touch-up paint. Please check the box to acknowledge this.

but Chipex has an icon that says 100% color match guarantee so thinking of going with them, the processes seem similar

·
Registered
272 Posts
you are probably better off getting the matching paint from the dealer. while the repair may not be perfect at least the color will match. That really is a special color that Alfa offers. Most people aren't aware of what an Alfa Romeo is let alone trying to match their paint colors.

It's my only regret in buying my car is that i didn't get the spec just like yours. I love the blue with the yellow calipers. It's awesome.

Enjoy the car. She's a beauty !!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi everyone - I finally pulled the trigger - got a Misano Blue Giulia Ti Sport Q4. I love the car so far and will post pictures tomorrow. Drove 400 miles for it since I got a great deal compared to NJ dealers. it is beautiful and so glad I chose it over one of the other competing brands.

One question - I got a paint chip on the hood, does Dr. Colorchip work for this? Does anyone have experience touching up misano blue? I didn't hear it so not sure if it came as a defect or was picked up on the 400 mile drive back... but I made sure to stay back from other cars
Congrats on the car.

As far as touch up, I have used touchupdirect.com on my trofeo white. It matches perfectly. I did the three step jars. If I get any more I may try the pen for small chip. I had you use a tooth pick to accurately place the paint where I wanted it.

Reactions: Azure

·
Registered
68 Posts

Congrats on the car.

As far as touch up, I have used touchupdirect.com on my trofeo white. It matches perfectly. I did the three step jars. If I get any more I may try the pen for small chip. I had you use a tooth pick to accurately place the paint where I wanted it.
Thanks for this recommendation on touch up paint. I too was looking for something for a couple of rock chips. I'm going to give this a try. I took it to my dealer for repair and what they had didn't match properly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found another one called Chipex and it says 100% color match guarantee on their website. Might go with them since it comes with the blending stuff... is it worth the additional cost over just a pen?

is there a difference between 756 and 756/A paint codes? or what is the correct one for a 2018 Misano blue?

·
Registered
85 Posts
it looks like chipex & drcolorchip seem to have the most experiences on here. chipex specifically has a number of positive comments on the alfaowner.com forums. I also found an option called colourNdrive on amazon, though haven't read an alfisti use it.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
you are probably better off getting the matching paint from the dealer. while the repair may not be perfect at least the color will match. That really is a special color that Alfa offers. Most people aren't aware of what an Alfa Romeo is let alone trying to match their paint colors.

It's my only regret in buying my car is that i didn't get the spec just like yours. I love the blue with the yellow calipers. It's awesome.

Enjoy the car. She's a beauty !!
Regret, no say it isn’t so. Just get her a blue brother.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what color is yours?

and the color matched perfect. still can see the chip though but it definitely is smaller. I would have put a clear bra on if it wasn't a lease. Just hit 2000 miles and loving the car!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts