Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In short, utter limerence. Over the weekend a family friend let me go for a spin in their ti lusso. As some of you know I have been apprehensive about the inability to defeat esc and whatnot. My thinking is that if I could thoroughly enjoy this open diff car with 225 runflats, I'd surely enjoy a Ti with the performance pack.

Enjoy it, I did.

I set the car in dynamic, manual mode and went for a brief jaunt around mildly entertaining roads. I didn't push the car, not mine/not my tires lol, but I was amazed at how much speed I could carry through corners. I was also shocked at how quick it was. As it wasn't broken in, I short shifted (3500rpmish?) everywhere and really never gave it more than 30% throttle but still ended up going 10-15mph faster than I had intended. I tossed it through two or three 90 degree turns with adequate camber and was very satisfied. The car dove in, responded very will to mid corner adjustments and was just generally exemplary. I also rushed the car through two abandoned intersections and was able to get a near imperceptible amount of off-throttle rotation. No where near enough to trigger the nannies, but just enough to tell me just how great the chassis is setup.

These are my main takeaways:
1. I need one.
2. I really, really need one.
3. tc/esc is still something I want to defeat. (I didn't get to try the trick to defeat it, but enjoy knowing its a possibility.)
4. This car with the right tires, brake pads, and lsd would utterly destroy an autox.
5. Steering is light, electric rack I suppose, but very direct.
6. Manual mode, even without paddles, is satisfying enough for me not to terribly miss a manual.
7. Brake modulation is tricky but I figured it is something that one gets accustomed to.
8. Interiors aren't something I'm terribly concerned with, but I was very satisfied with it.
9. I enjoyed it more than a m235i and M4 competition pack...bias may play no small part in that.

Overall, it was a very affirming experience. Like many of you, I have been waiting for this exact car since Alfa left the US. When I was young, my parents had a Series 4 Spider that they absolutely adored. Unfortunately, that car was totaled by a Crown Vic before I was old enough to drive it. Since the loss of that car my parents went through several other brands hoping to find something as satisfying, and all these years later still can't fill that void. Some of my earliest vehicular memories are tied to that Spider. I always knew it was special, and have pined for Alfa to return to the US. And now here they are, delivering exactly what I've been dreaming of. I hope it isn't too much longer before I join you all in Alfa ownership. My username might need amending at some point.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Best Sports Sedan in it's class, hands down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts