Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Finally got my Guilia back with updates

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  BluGiul 
#1 ·
After a week at the dealer claiming that they needed some parts, I got my T1 Q2 back with all the RRTs applied.

The list is:
RRT 17-060 Perform ACC SW upgrade
RRT 17-058 Verify HVAC has current SW
RRT 17-057 Perform TCM SW upgrade
RRT 17-052 Perform ETM SW upgrade as needed
RRT 17-043 Perform ECM SW upgrade
RRT 17-081 Glove box door (one of the parts they were waiting for)
RRT 17-065 AMP corrosion shield
RRT 17-061 AMP SW upgrade
RRT 17-080 Still waiting for some tape that's backordered so I'll need to go back

So I think that's everything. One of those is the entertainment update with the new nav SW and more presets. Tomorrow morning when the car is cold, I'll see if it runs any less rough.

Still surprised they had the car from last Tuesday morning until this afternoon.

See less See more
#2 ·
Our Ti also received some of those updates. They're called RTT which is AR's way of saying they're important.

Our Ti didn't need any parts so we got it back the same day. But, part of it is to inspect the turbo seal and fix/replace as necessary. The HK amp has a water/corrosion issue and gets inspected and fixed/replaced as necessary. I assume the list of RTTs will vary depending on the options each car has.

The most noticeable thing for us was the engine/transmission work smoother now while cold.

#4 ·
A week! That's appalling. One of the reasons I've been putting off taking my car in for updates. What kind of loaner did you get?

I'm half-tempted to see what the dealer does independently. I think I'll let them write it up and then review the list, instructing them to add what they missed (either intentionally or inadvertently).

#5 ·
First they weren't going to give me a loaner since it's a Maserati/Alfa dealer and they have Maserati loaners. I was able to get them to pay for a rental car. I got a wonderful Chrysler 200 :)
I probably won't be going back to this dealer. There's another nearby, but it's a Fiat/Alfa shop. I has assumed things would be better at a Maserati shop.

#7 ·
was this the dealer you purchased your car from??
No. I tried to buy from them, but they didn't have the options I wanted and they said they couldn't trade for one I found at another dealer, so I bought it where I found the car I wanted. Funny thing is, I probably got it for a better price too.
But since this is all warrantee work, they get reimbursed for everything.

#8 ·
No. I tried to buy from them, but they didn't have the options I wanted and they said they couldn't trade for one I found at another dealer, so I bought it where I found the car I wanted. Funny thing is, I probably got it for a better price too.
But since this is all warrantee work, they get reimbursed for everything.
Probably why they didn't go the extra mile for you. I have no issues getting a Ghibli as a loaner if I ask in my dealership (The Collection) but I also purchased the car from them. I have a "The Collection preferred customer" sticker on my windshield so they know. There is no way I will sit in a Chrysler 200.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.