Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following up on my first post where I had purchased a new Ti Sport, and had issues on the maiden voyage from the dealership.

22 days later, and a new wiring harness later, she is running like a champ. I actually got to experience "Dynamic Mode" this time. All I can say is wow! I love this car. Sooooo happy to have her back after that 22 day tease of
ownership.

Service manager provided a free complete detail for my troubles at my convenience, and I am still working on Alfa customer care to see what compensation they will offer for my troubles on my brand new car issues right out of the gate.

S0 nice to experience what I have been reading about for months, and then dreaming about for the last 22 days while my car has been in the shop being enjoyed by the Alfa Master Tech instead of me.

All I can say is Ahhh.... felt good to get her back tonight.... I feel like I actually own an Alfa Romeo Giulia now!

I know how a child feels when you take away their lollipop now. :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Congrats. Glad to hear that things are working out for you. Enjoy driving.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Yikes! Horror story, but I'm glad it's resolved. Did they furnish you with a loaner?

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Awesome job!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Yes, I got a Fiat 500. Not quite the same ride, but it got me around town and did the job!
Had Sirrus and a sunroof so I was happy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not 100% sure why it actually took so long. I am told there was a lot of back and fourth with Alfa corp techs. Nothing could be done without their input and blessing before troubleshooting, work/replacement etc. Hoping they were as thorough as i am led to believe, and this replacement has completely alleviated the issue, and or any further problems in this specific situation.
Dealership is Westbury Alfa Long Island. Must say the overall experience sucked, but my service manager was truly responsive, and kept in contact contact with me throughout the process. That was the only thing that helped lesson the sting. Hoping clear roads ahead!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Glad to hear it’s resolved. Yes, when it comes to Alfa the tech side MUST be involved, to me that’s a good thing, it means they want/need to know about the issues so they can resolve them quicker in the future....we (techs) actually got a questionnaire from Alfa a few weeks back, it was asking about specific issues on all three Alfa offerings, we were given 5 boxes for each car, so I’m glad they’re looking into improving quality.
With regard to the parts process, usually Alfa parts are 5-7 days away, so figure they likely had a few days in the diagnosis, then waiting for the part, then installing, then confirming, sadly, 22 days sounds about right for a big job like a wiring harness.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
The part was backordered that long? What dealer?
Wiring harness as a "part?" That's like the Holy Grail of part swaps! On a used vehicle insurance might total a car for something like that. Tons of labor. Have a colleague who had to write off an Audi A4 for that. For example, when an alternator blows on a Ferrari 360, it takes the power distribution cable with it. (Bad crimp in old spec) So cable has to come out. It crosses over the gearbox to get to the other side. Right under the oil pressure sender and filter location. A careless yank on the cable and POP the sender gets snagged and snaps off. Kiss your car show reservations good by as well as a couple grand extra for the parts and labor about 2 weeks wait. But once you do it, you are good to go. The PPI on my car was pretty good, covering the big stuff car was near mint, but this little gem was buried in the literature, even for Ferrari experts and owners.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
glad you got her back, wonderful car! :D Make sure they give you a Giulia / Alfa loaner next time, I read somewhere here they are obligated to. First time I took mine in for a cup holder issue they offered me two Fiats and I refused before they rolled out a Giulia . Thank goodness my dealer stopped selling Fiat now.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fingers crossed I will not be back for a while! (but will try a Alfa loner if they have next time.) This is truly the nicest car I have owned. Such a pleasure to drive. Even my Audi and Bimer buddies love it upon driving it. Was even great in the snow this morning. Nice to personally enjoy what I have been reading so much about on this forum!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts