Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around when I saw a Giulia, being curious, I sped up, and tried to fall in behind it, and then pull off to the side of it, but apparently, the driver thought I was trying to challenge him. I did catch up at a light, and get a good glance. Having my curiosity piqued, I went by the local Alfa Romeo dealer, and got a closer look. My opinion - the car is gorgeous, and it drives every bit as good as it looks! I didn't expect to like the adaptive suspension as much as I did, the dynamic setting being my favorite, and maybe even usable in everyday driving.

While I know Alfa Romeo has come a long way from their days of being less than reliable, I still wonder how they'll do in regards to long-term reliability. I look forward to seeing how everyone here likes theirs down the road.

Lastly, I was disappointed to find that Alfa Romeo doesn't have a European delivery program. I can't think of a better way to enjoy such a car than running around Italy, enjoying the scenery, food, and fashion with a beautiful lady-friend in the passenger seat.

I may have to bite the bullet, and trade my C.

·
Banned
264 Posts
I was driving around when I saw a Giulia, being curious, I sped up, and tried to fall in behind it, and then pull off to the side of it, but apparently, the driver thought I was trying to challenge him. I did catch up at a light, and get a good glance. Having my curiosity piqued, I went by the local Alfa Romeo dealer, and got a closer look. My opinion - the car is gorgeous, and it drives every bit as good as it looks! I didn't expect to like the adaptive suspension as much as I did, the dynamic setting being my favorite, and maybe even usable in everyday driving.

While I know Alfa Romeo has come a long way from their days of being less than reliable, I still wonder how they'll do in regards to long-term reliability. I look forward to seeing how everyone here likes theirs down the road.

Lastly, I was disappointed to find that Alfa Romeo doesn't have a European delivery program. I can't think of a better way to enjoy such a car than running around Italy, enjoying the scenery, food, and fashion with a beautiful lady-friend in the passenger seat.

Initial reliability has been awful for 2017 (a quick search of the forum will help you see this)....wait until 2018 models are available to see if they fair any better.

·
Registered
482 Posts

There have been some reliability issues. I would not say that the majority of owners here have been affected, but enough have to make mention if it. Some of us have hypothesized that the issues, most but not all of which are engine software related, have been improved on cars that were built after April of 2017. Some of the cars, most of them with earlier build dates, remain problematic, and those owners will be vocal about their displeasure. Others with only minor issues have been more than willing to overlook a few "quirks" due to the enjoyment of the car.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a Q4 Ti and it has been trouble free from the start. The only issue is my remote start doesn't work but it's been that way since the day I picked it up. This car stands out in the crowds of BMW, MB's and cadi's and it is so much fun to drive. I highly recommend the vehicle, especially if you enjoy thumb ups, stares, finger pointing & jaw drops........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Initial reliability has been awful for 2017 (a quick search of the forum will help you see this)....wait until 2018 models are available to see if they fair any better.
There have been some reliability issues. I would not say that the majority of owners here have been affected, but enough have to make mention if it. Some of us have hypothesized that the issues, most but not all of which are engine software related, have been improved on cars that were built after April of 2017. Some of the cars, most of them with earlier build dates, remain problematic, and those owners will be vocal about their displeasure. Others with only minor issues have been more than willing to overlook a few "quirks" due to the enjoyment of the car.
While at the dealer, I spoke to the service advisor, and he stated the observed issues were due to software issues that could be corrected with an update. The issue that worries me the most is the throttle cutting out, leaving the car to go into a 'safe' mode. I'll keep watching this forum in the coming months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This car stands out in the crowds of BMW, MB's and cadi's and it is so much fun to drive. I highly recommend the vehicle, especially if you enjoy thumb ups, stares, finger pointing & jaw drops........
I think I can deal with all that...while on the test drive, I pulled up to a light where there was a guy on a test drive of an Accord Touring, and for the minute we were sitting side by side, I could see him craning his head around trying to figure out what I was driving. I could actually see his salesman gesturing - probably trying to point out the merits of the Accord - while the guy driving was obviously distracted. It was funny watching the guy try to keep up once the light turns green. I was amused.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts