Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Rock’s voice: “FINALLY, an Alfa has COME BACK to our home….”

Circa 1984. I was a teenager and my dad bought an Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce. I knew nothing about AR except the wood steering wheel and wood shift knob were cool. Not to mention where the position of the gearbox was (up in the dash). Whoa! I never seen anything like that. But that car gave me the introduction to AR.

Now fast forward to January 2017. I was talking with my wife about replacing her 2013 Audi S4. Great car, and admittedly there was nothing wrong with it. My wife has always had her heart on a Maserati Quattroporte but we knew that wasn’t the type of money we’d like to spend on a car ($125k+). So I said for her to check out the Ghibli S. We did and while the Ghibli was “nice” it just didn’t give her enough reason to get rid of a perfectly fine car (S4). She even took a look at the Levante S as well; again, nice but nothing that moved her to sell the S4.

I then started reading and came across the Quadrifoglio. I cannot personally recall any car having so many reviews that spoke nothing but how great the car was. Never. I even said to my wife we should check out the Quad just because there are so MANY reviews on how great it is.

In late March/early April we started looking around for Giulia, particularly the Quad. Mostly a dead end as no one had them in stock. “We can order.” My wife said no way, not until she sees one in person, and if possible, test drive one.

Well come late April, she was able to test drive a Quad. She immediately told the salesman to put it in Race mode before she started her test drive (I was in the back seat).

As soon as it was clicked over to Race mode and I heard the exhaust sound while the car was idling I knew right then and there we were going to buy a Quad. I didn’t care how it drove because there is no way on God’s green earth it wouldn’t drive as good as it sounded. No way. “Those reviews were right.”

So on 06-May-2017 we placed the following Quad order with our local dealer:

- Trofeo White Tri-Coat
- Interior red stitching
- Carbon fiber steering wheel
- Dark 5-hole wheels
- Forward collision warning
- Harman Kardon sound system

And were told 5-6 months for delivery.

Approximately 3 weeks after our order was placed I thought I’d call AR Customer Care and see if our VON was now a VIN. My phone call with AR was “I’ll have to call you back as something doesn’t seem correct with your order.”

After several phone calls to AR during that week it had come to light that on 11-May-2017 the order was cancelled by AR due to production moving from 2017MY to 2018MY.

So what this means is our “order” had been sitting there dead within AR’s system. We are now at least 1 month behind our build.

After calls with the dealership and even with the regional rep for AR in the USA, our order could be re-entered, it would be a 2018MY, they could not give us any information on pricing, and it probably wouldn’t arrive until January 2018.

At this point I’m thinking to just walk away from this purchase. If this is “what is to come” I don’t want any part of it…

However, through a reference provided by BostonDMD we were able to find and purchase the following 2017 Quadrifoglio with 31 miles on the odometer:

- Trofeo White Tri-Coat [same]
- Interior white and green stitching [instead of red]
- Carbon fiber steering wheel [same]
- Dark 5-hole wheels [same]
- Driver assist dynamic plus package [instead of just the forward collision warning]
- Harman Kardon sound system [same]

So our order date was 06-May-2017 and our delivery date was 13-Jun-2017. :p

Purchase was made through/with:

Ken Sweet
Alfa Romeo of Portland (Maine)
207-321-5925

While I cannot guarantee pricing for anyone else, Ken was VERY competitive. You do not need to pay over MSRP. Give Ken a call. You might be surprised, especially if the vehicle is on the lot.

Finally, I’d like to say “thank you” to the following members for the private messages during our search:

BostonDMD and JoeCab

And I have to say this message board, and collectively AR owners, has been just an awesome experience for me even through all of the crap that was involved getting to this day including those who sent private messages to me and those who referenced me in threads trying to help.

Giulia owners are truly an amazing group. Thank you to all.

Okay, so enough of my rambling pix below...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Congrats! It was my pleasure to be of help in locating your dream QV!

Enjoy in good health!

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
Congratulations, the Trofeo White with the dark wheels looks really hot!

I hope that the trials you went through to get the car make the ownership experience a little sweeter for you. You deserve a lot of enjoyment from the car!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Happy Motoring

Beautiful color on the Quad...enjoy....D

Reactions: 407Guy

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Now THATS what I'm Talking About!!

I get it in FLA you need a white car...:grin2:
Really really stunning just pops!...when you get a chance can I see the interior stitching? IF I could have ordered mine I would have gone with that combo...
You are gonna have fun...oh wait....this replaces your wife's S4....your gonna have to ask for the keys>:)
Enjoy in Good Health!!
Salve
M

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Oo Baby! My thoughts exactly on the carbon n white. Take pics of the interior too! That's the one I want.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone.

After all the hassles she still hasn't driven it. Just sitting in the garage. LOL.

Well, need to get it registered in Florida, pay the sales tax, and find the spare key.

Yes, our saga is never ending.... we only have one key... :mad: :(

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Purchase was made through/with:

Ken Sweet
Alfa Romeo of Portland (Maine)
207-321-5925

Phone number should be 207-615-5124.

Can't edit my original posting. :confused:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Take interior pics! ;) [pant pant] :p

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ha. In due time.

Just went to the DMV to pay sales tax in Florida and to order custom plates.

4LEAF was taken but 4LEEF was not. So she went with that, 4LEEF.

·
Registered
641 Posts
407guy....oooh I kind of like the 4leaf thing. I'm in NY waiting for my quad delivery. Thinking of Giulia Q (too much like a girl's name), G Quad (maybe too vague for anyone to get it). I may just steal that one if you don't mind?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Go for it.

My wife wanted a specialized plate in Florida that only allowed 5 characters. The standard plate would allow 6.

Hence, 4LEEF.

Personally, after hearing the Q drive away in Race mode, I said it probably should be "1SIKQ" -- sticking to 5 characters. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts