1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I think there will not too be many companies, specifically automotive, airlines, hotels and turism industries, in the world that will report gains or breakeven second quarters. I'm glad that Alfa Romeo has not filled for bankrupcy and wish another 110years of life to the company, similar to what happened to it during the world wars and other pandemics.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Most companies are seeing losses and quietly doing layoffs, my company included.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
This will only boost the auto and airline industries when the govt gives them another bailout and they will be More profitable from the loss during corona than they would of have in normal times. Simple business practice to show a staggering loss right now to gain the rewards. Alfa will be fine. It’s not like they were thriving the last 4 years.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not surprising - they basically shut down the economy for 3+ months. We are going to be feeling the sting from this for some time to come.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
. Simple business practice to show a staggering loss right now to gain the rewards. Alfa will be fine. It’s not like they were thriving the last 4 years.
Exactly, they will take a hefty write down and move on.... The accountants will be earning their paychecks the next few quarters as they look to keep what little money they have away from the IRS.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
They can paint green, but not print green.

Reactions: Giuliano

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
They can paint green, but not print green.

Nice video. Always great to watch QV's videos. A Dream Car, for sure. He says (minute 8:24) that in this 2020 model, they fixed the complain some people had about the "jumping and noise at parking speed" caused by Ackerman Angle front end configuration. Also, he mentions in minute 15:33 that other complain I have read latelly about the hot trunk caused by the exhaust. I enjoyed it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts