Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone looked at putting a Fiamm horn on a Giulia?

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
With my luck it would wire to the parking sensor or the seatbelt "chime". But otherwise I would LOVE to have a good air horn.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Do they still come with city and country settings?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No idea, but anyone located the horn(s) on the Giulia and Ti?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
A controlling share of Fiamm was recently purchased by Hitachi (Feb 2017). The company name is now Fiamm Components Accessories in Italian of course (they abbreviate this as FCA: can you say law suit?). They offer a range of air horns:

https://fiammcomponents.com/en/nort.../tecnologie/avvisatore-elettropneumatico.aspx

This includes a model with fake CF finish so that it doesn't look so awful if the pink-red trumpets show.

I don't see anything with dual modes. All use a relay since normal horn buttons cannot handle the required current. Locating and wiring to an appropriate battery lead is a required part of the installation.

Also note that you probably want an electropneumatic horn rather than an air horn since Giulia doesn't have a built in air compressor.

I wonder why AR does not offer such horns as an option?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, same routine as with the Abarth. Just wondering if anyone knows where the horm(s) is currently and then I can look at space available.

·
Supporting Vendor
692 Posts
This is the model of FIAMM air horn that we have sold for quite some time. They are generally reliable and the kit includes the relay, tubing, and a compressor. On horn is the high tone and the other is the low tone. It does take more space than the stock horn but should be doable on a Giulia. If anyone wants measurements let me know I can get them for you.

https://centerlinealfa.com/catalog/electric-air-horns

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Joe,

Do you know where the OEM horns are located in Giulia so AlfaCrisis can make an assessment of his car?

AlfaCrisis,

These horns don't have to be mounted in the OEM location and the various parts can be mounted apart from each other. Giulia 2.0T has some "open space" behind the radiator, particularly to either side of same. I think the QV engine bay has much less space available. IIRC, these horns should be pointed down in order to avoid getting water inside of the trumpet. the trumpets are light and can be mounted to almost anything, but the compressor is like a solid block of iron and has to be mounted to something very solid.

Please keep us all posted (with photo journal?) if you decide to go forward with this project.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Joe,

Do you know where the OEM horns are located in Giulia so AlfaCrisis can make an assessment of his car?

AlfaCrisis,

These horns don't have to be mounted in the OEM location and the various parts can be mounted apart from each other. Giulia 2.0T has some "open space" behind the radiator, particularly to either side of same. I think the QV engine bay has much less space available. IIRC, these horns should be pointed down in order to avoid getting water inside of the trumpet. the trumpets are light and can be mounted to almost anything, but the compressor is like a solid block of iron and has to be mounted to something very solid.

Please keep us all posted (with photo journal?) if you decide to go forward with this project.
Yea, it's just the stock wire is always a nice starting point. Appreciate the install advise.

The OE horns are under the headlights, on both sides.
Thanks Mac, I knew you'd know!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MacGeek, you wouldn't be able to verify if the stock horns have a relay, would you? The Owners manual doesn't locate a horn relay around the fuse boxes.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, I located the horn and the reality is that without removing the front bumper to get a good look, it's not clear there is room for the horns and compressor. Has anyone removed the front bumper on a Giulia (base or Ti) yet, and if so, how was it and do you have pictures?

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
OK, I located the horn and the reality is that without removing the front bumper to get a good look, it's not clear there is room for the horns and compressor. Has anyone removed the front bumper on a Giulia (base or Ti) yet, and if so, how was it and do you have pictures?
I know someone recently posted a picture of a QV with the front fascia removed. Removing the front bumper is not recommended unless making accident repairs.

I see that Eurocompulsion has made the smart decision to put the air filter for their high performance intake in the open area to the right (starboard) of the radiator, so that might not be a good place to put the horn, at least unless you want to point the air horns at the air filter and hope that it can give the turbo a little help. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know someone recently posted a picture of a QV with the front fascia removed. Removing the front bumper is not recommended unless making accident repairs.

I see that Eurocompulsion has made the smart decision to put the air filter for their high performance intake in the open area to the right (starboard) of the radiator, so that might not be a good place to put the horn, at least unless you want to point the air horns at the air filter and hope that it can give the turbo a little help. :grin2:
Yea, I ment fascia, not the actual bumper...

As for the Euro V2, I'm out until they have a non-cotton/oil filter on offer.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
all my cars i have put the hella air horn similar to the one that centerline sells.

how does the stock horn sound?

i am picking up my car on the 24th.

thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts