Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sebastian Vettel, Kimi Raikkonen and Antonio Giovinazzi may be Ferrari F1 drivers, but that doesn’t mean they can’t have fun in cars outside of their contracted brand and what better vehicles to race around in than Alfa Romeo’s newest performance sedan.

The Italian automaker invited all three drivers to their proving grounds in the Piedmont region of Italy. There, they were each seated behind the wheel of a Giulia Quadrifoglio before Alfa Romeo set them loose on the Circuito di Balocco, a track that’s more than 40 miles long and sitting on 1,200 acres of land.

In what seems to be a competition between the trio, we’re treated to a clip of professional drivers sliding around corners with tires screeching and engines revving up a storm.

A Ferrari-derived 2.9-liter V-6 engine sits under a shapely hood, delivering 505 horsepower and 443 lb-ft of torque. In the very experienced hands of these drivers the Giulia QVs were pushed to their limit; launching the car from 0-100 km/h in just 3.9 seconds, achieving lateral acceleration of 1.15g, hitting a maximum speed of 307 km/h and more.

Though we’re not sure who won, this clip does prove that the Giulia Quadrifoglio can make even the hardiest of drives feel emotions they seldom experience. Yes, we’re talking about the tiny smile Kimi Raikkonen cracked near the end of that video.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Okay. But am I the only one that noticed that they did not fire retardant suits on nor did they have helmets on. So these guys driving a QV is like sooooo easy it is a joy ride taking it to its max potential. Safety first gentleman. What would happen if the children watched this and said oh Kimi and Vettel don't wear safety gear :eek:)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Alfa’s advertising agency is killing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just stumbled on this thread and it is a fun ad.
Now, this really goes back and I tried to Google it but could not find anything on it.
In 1959, at a track in England before a major race event, BMC had some 5 of the first Mini Minors there.
One each for the top drivers of the day. Moss, Hill, Salvadori, etc. as an entertainment between races.
They discovered that the cars handled well and went around flat out, nose to tail.
For a few laps. They, the fans and media loved it.
:)

Bob Hoye.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Being a bit of a Mini fan still I enjoy watching them race. They are still my favorite little go kart ride and parking is a piece of cake. I would love to see these three get in a Mini. Nah, not likely.

·
Registered
64 Posts
am I the only one that noticed that they did not fire retardant suits on nor did they have helmets on
So what?

Heroes in movies never use seatbelts. Often they smoke, don't wear safety stuff and they never accept speed limits.
In commercials, too :wink2:

Best regards
Waldek

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
So what?

Heroes in movies never use seatbelts. Often they smoke, don't wear safety stuff and they never accept speed limits.
In commercials, too :wink2:

Best regards
Waldek
No these guys are just too cool for school. A QV is a soccer mom’s car for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts