Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi all! Just got these fender badges for my Giulia in the mail yesterday and want to get some opinions.

These are pretty nice quality made of domed vinyl. I placed it on the car with tape to see how it looks but the backing paper is kind of throwing me off. I still think it look dope though. I then photoshopped the badge, and I like it. I also ordered two additional sets; one has the yellow background with only the serpent, and another one that is just like the on here, but with the serpent in black with only the outline in silver.

What are your thoughts?

View attachment 120276
View attachment 120279
View attachment 120283
Just my opionion, but if it was me I would center it a bit. It’s too close to the end of the fender. The badge looks good though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
OK... so I decided to pull the trigger on installing these badges on the fenders, and here are my thoughts...

1. I really like the look overall! It makes the car look more sporty.
2. about the badges: very good manufacturing quality, except that they should have used a better CF image or real CF since the one used is very fake looking. I don't like fake-looking things.
3. the size of the badge is a tad too large. I would have made it about 5% smaller.
4. I took all the suggestions in consideration and probably placed the badge a bit too far forward.

So, all this being said. I don't know how long I will keep these on the car for. And would really like to find someone who can manufacture the badges to be OEM-like.

Once again, your thoughts are very much welcome. I posted a video in the link down below.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,391 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think the badges are a great touch and add character. If I may ask the group here 2 questions and get feedback I'd appreciate comments;
I've leased my 2020 Verde visconti and am hoping when I remove them at lease end is there risk of damaging the clearcoat economy or paint?
2) given the color of my ti sport, I worry the black badges would not compliment the dark green. I can get them in red, standard logo, or yellow with red serpent logo. Ferrari owner's would be too jealous of the red and yellow, hah so my options are; same black beauties Zark 7 used, black with darker maroon serpent .or solid bright red. All of you with good taste i look forward to input
Thanks much Raymond three times a jag

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I think the badges are a great touch and add character. If I may ask the group here 2 questions and get feedback I'd appreciate comments;
I've leased my 2020 Verde visconti and am hoping when I remove them at lease end is there risk of damaging the clearcoat economy or paint?
2) given the color of my ti sport, I worry the black badges would not compliment the dark green. I can get them in red, standard logo, or yellow with red serpent logo. Ferrari owner's would be too jealous of the red and yellow, hah so my options are; same black beauties Zark 7 used, black with darker maroon serpent .or solid bright red. All of you with good taste i look forward to input
Thanks much Raymond three times a jag
Ray, I just removed the badges temporarily, and they peeled off without any damage or leaving any residue at all. I was surprised! And the best thing, they kept the glue intact in them so I can place them back on. I think the black badge with the silver snake will look pretty damn good over the verde Visconti.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ray, I just removed the badges temporarily, and they peeled off without any damage or leaving any residue at all. I was surprised! And the best thing, they kept the glue intact in them so I can place them back on. I think the black badge with the silver snake will look pretty damn good over the verde

Zarco i appreciate your thoughts re; badge colors so I'll go with the black with silver and thanks much for easing my worries when removing. Regards, Ray

·
Registered
712 Posts
Although I've not experienced this personally, I have been told that, over time, the paintwork may fade slightly, especially in climates with lots of sun.

Any badges/stickers may therefore reveal a slightly different shade of paintwork once removed.

If you own the car, I'd worry a lot less about this than if leased.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Although I've not experienced this personally, I have been told that, over time, the paintwork may fade slightly, especially in climates with lots of sun.

Any badges/stickers may therefore reveal a slightly different shade of paintwork once removed.

If you own the car, I'd worry a lot less about this than if leased.
Thanks for your thoughts and appreciate your advise. I only have 1.5 yrs left on the lease so it sounds like should be safe either way?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts