Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still Giulia shopping (largely as I need to find a good trade on my Mini or sell it privately.....).

I've received some good deals on Giulias between rebates, offers and dealer discounts. I have access to FCA friends and family pricing which is 1% below invoice and I was told (by my family member that works for FA) that any discounts, rebates etc can be added on top. He did say it is only on the Giulia and Stelvio, not the QV or 4C. Most of the dealers I've spoken to tell me that their deals are better than the discount and don't include it. One dealer added an extra $750 to the deal for it but it seemed like it was just the difference between the F&F discount and the dealer discount. My closest dealer (who I'll most likely buy from as they are knowledgeable and a friend with a 4C rates them) told me they'll do the F&F discount but they themselves won't discount the car much, if at all.

It's been a long time since I used the discount (I hate other FCA brands) but back then we got every discount on op of the F&F deal. The discounts I've found on the Giulia are really good but I want to make sure I'm not leaving any money on the table. To me it looks like the dealers are using this as their dealer discount so can't include it twice. Anyone dealt with this or know more about it?

·
Registered
573 Posts
My dealer would not honor it. I didn't find out it was available through my work until after I ordered my car from them. Couldn't get myself to walk away after waiting 4 months for the car to come in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used the F&F on an ordered MY18 car. Originally dealer wasn't sure about excepting it as they were a Maserati dealer and had never dealt with the program before. They eventually agreed.

You are entitled to 1% below invoice and any manufacturer incentives. The dealer has no choice in that - if they agree to the F&F discount they can't withhold the manufacturer incentives. They're understandably not going to throw any additional dealer incentives on top of that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I made use of the deal where you need to show proof that you drive a car other than FCA (no Fiat, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler), plus a company discount. Ended a pretty ok deal....just picked the wrong car

·
Registered
53 Posts
The F&F Price and the EP (Employee Price) are listed clear as day, right on the invoice. Just ask to see it. You are entitled to any regional incentives, on top of this, but the dealer is not going to negotiate the price of the car any further. If there is a regional financing incentive, or cash back incentive, these would be deducted from the F&F price. The dealership should be paid a flat commission on the car from FCA, in these cases.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You have to be careful with these. I've used GM supplier pricing, and the street price was better than the discount. It's true you can stack other discounts like loyalty or conquest, be sure the street price of this car currently isn't less than 1% under invoice.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I’ll echo this.

I bought my Giulia a couple weeks back. I found all my fca discount information and researched all the incentives I was entitled to in addition to the fca discount.

Rebates and such: 3500
Fca discount: ~3500

I checked truecar to see if I could find an invoice price and with the little bit of info I had dug up I assumed 7k off Msrp was an amazing deal.

Anyway... after an hour or so the dealer called and agreed to my price without any issues at all. I was excited and went and picked up the car.

But... upon doing further research I discovered that some dealers are lopping 5k off the price of some Giulia’s and then allowing rebates and other incentives to be applied.

Now, I don’t know that my dealer would have done this. But I wish I had started negotiating without mentioning the fca discount. There are a couple threads I’ve seen here mentioning that they got 8-9k off sticker. I don’t feel too bad about what I paid, because in the end I got exactly the car I wanted and who knows? Maybe my dealer would not have negotiated as low as the fca discount before rebates. It kinda kills me not knowing though!

Anyway.... try without it first just to see what they’re willing to do.

I’m the end, just enjoy your new Giulia. You won’t care what you paid for her when you knifing through the twisties.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. They confirm what I was thinking/seeing. If the car I want is discounted then I'll be all set and if it's not I have the F&F pricing to fall back on

Now just to get rid of the Mini....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts