Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the gopedal and I like it a lot but trying to find a balance of quick acceleration and not to jerky. What’s your favorite setting for daily aggressive driving? (Which setting and how many green or red dots)

·
Registered
2019 Misano Blue Giulia Q4
47 Posts
I usually keep the go-pedal at red with 3 dots and keep the car in N mode for local streets and then D for the highway, if I find myself jerking I'll tune it down to orange with 3 red dots for local streets

·
Registered
497 Posts
I keep the go-peddle in sport all the time. I experienced jerkiness is when I first put it in and had to get used to the new behavior of the accelerator.

It also depends on the shoes you are wearing. If you are wearing something this soled (e.g., Vans) you can feel the pedal and manage it a lot better.

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m all over the place and wish I got the Bluetooth version for ease of use.

With the JB4 I settled on sport with minus one green most of the time. Found it a little too sensitive on higher sport or race settings when driving at low speed in the city.

On backroads I like sport plus one or two red dots.

·
Registered
246 Posts
now, before things get too confusing, there are 3 different gopedals and 3 different Giulias

gopedal original and gopedal + bluetooth
gopedal-app only.

Giulia 200 hp, Giulia 280hp, Giulia 505hp

make sure we are talking apple with apple :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now, before things get too confusing, there are 3 different gopedals and 3 different Giulias

gopedal original and gopedal + bluetooth
gopedal-app only.

Giulia 200 hp, Giulia 280hp, Giulia 505hp

make sure we are talking apple with apple :)
I have the 2.0 q4 with the jb4. I have the gopedal with bluetoooth

·
Registered
15 Posts
I keep mine on green with no red lights. Car is plenty responsive. Switching between D and N has enough affect on the power delivery for if I want to cruise or drive hard. However, I do sometimes flip it into batshit crazy mode aka red with 3 reds 😉

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
1,959 Posts
Middle amber light with no extra leds.

My car has race mode enabled so pedal sensitivity defaults to N mode. This makes it seem like D mode to me

·
Registered
246 Posts
I realized I didn’t add mine

2020 QV in eco .. GOPedal Bluetooth

I know, started with sport, sport -, to sport --, to eco ++, to eco+...

N: Eco: a little less lazy but a quiet mode for freeway cruise and residential area late at night. Sport - seems like a good fit here.
D: Eco: hint of touchiness around town and narrow backroad thus didn’t want any more aggressive pedal
R: off. Stock setting feels about right. No additional boost needed.

Thus I just set it to eco, a compromise, and turn off when in race mode

·
Registered
890 Posts
280hp, I've been leaving mine on Sport standard so far. Above that its a bit too edgy. Too low and its "what's the point?". Open to suggestions and feedback though. Useful thread.

·
Premium Member
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
20 Posts
Sport no lights, in D = Monster

·
Registered
2021 QV
6 Posts
Apologies for reviving a 6 month old thread.

I realized I didn’t add mine

2020 QV in eco .. GOPedal Bluetooth

I know, started with sport, sport -, to sport --, to eco ++, to eco+...

N: Eco: a little less lazy but a quiet mode for freeway cruise and residential area late at night. Sport - seems like a good fit here.
D: Eco: hint of touchiness around town and narrow backroad thus didn’t want any more aggressive pedal
R: off. Stock setting feels about right. No additional boost needed.

Thus I just set it to eco, a compromise, and turn off when in race mode
Is this still your favorite combo of settings 6 months later? I just got my GoPedal today for my 2021 QV, and anything but Eco on the lowest settings felt like it made the car respond way too much to small throttle inputs, but admittedly I was only out testing it for 10-15 minutes. I think I do prefer Eco-- more than stock, whatever little difference that makes, but I have a couple of weeks to test it more and make up my mind whether to keep it or return it.

There's also some third party shops selling the discontinued Madness GoPedal+ that allowed you to fully tune to your preferred 6-point curve rather than having to use one of the preset curves, which is also an enticing option in case I decide to return the non-plus I got.

·
Registered
246 Posts
yes i am still using eco for N/D. It is still a bit touchy like you said from get go, but not quite enough giving it 1/3. I also felt the curve doesn't quite match this car.

I've gopedal for another car where it really wakes car up and the pedal response is way better.

My best experience of these pedal modifier came from Formula Dynamics's DBW module. Its installation was a little more intrusive but because it needs more information and not merely modifying pedal curve. Then again it was on a very different car.

·
Registered
2021 QV
6 Posts
yes i am still using eco for N/D. It is still a bit touchy like you said from get go, but not quite enough giving it 1/3. I also felt the curve doesn't quite match this car.

I've gopedal for another car where it really wakes car up and the pedal response is way better.

My best experience of these pedal modifier came from Formula Dynamics's DBW module. Its installation was a little more intrusive but because it needs more information and not merely modifying pedal curve. Then again it was on a very different car.
I think I'll try the GoPedal+ with the custom curve mapping and report back, then. I agree with you that it feels like the GoPedal's preset curves aren't really well tuned for the QV without just making it go full beans at very little throttle.

EDIT: Never mind, the one I found from a third party seller was for the Fiat 500 Abarth. I'll just give myself 2-3 weeks to decide if I like any of the ECO curves or return it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Apologies for reviving a 6 month old thread.

Is this still your favorite combo of settings 6 months later? I just got my GoPedal today for my 2021 QV, and anything but Eco on the lowest settings felt like it made the car respond way too much to small throttle inputs, but admittedly I was only out testing it for 10-15 minutes. I think I do prefer Eco-- more than stock, whatever little difference that makes, but I have a couple of weeks to test it more and make up my mind whether to keep it or return it.

There's also some third party shops selling the discontinued Madness GoPedal+ that allowed you to fully tune to your preferred 6-point curve rather than having to use one of the preset curves, which is also an enticing option in case I decide to return the non-plus I got.
Yes Madness never really explained why the new model had reduced functionality

1 - 16 of 16 Posts