Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. Remote Control Auto-Start Fail: if the gas tank is not into the "reserve" and all doors, hood and trunk are closed, the auto-start should work fine. If you get an error on the dash contrary to aforementioned details, schedule the car in for service. There is a TSB software update that will cure the intermittent operation of this feature.

2. Automatic Stop/Start: this feature is automatically ON every time you start the car. Don't ask. There is no way to default this feature to always OFF. Every time the car is started, the automatic stop/start feature is enabled.

3. Radio Presets: Yes, there are more than 6. Only 6 are available by pulling the rotary controller down. The rest of the presets can be accessed by moving the rotary controller left and "edit". Fancy stuff. The order of the presets can be adjusted there as well. Edit: the last infotainment TSB has increased the presets to "7" and offers an alternate shortcut.

4. The off-the-line throttle response is tame. See here: http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/2...sion/7274-throttle-response-quadrifoglio.html

5. After order pre-delivery tracking support for your car can be a hit or miss dealer issue. Order codes are here: http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/3...314-alfa-romeo-giulia-order-status-codes.html

6. Window tinting: Installers tend to use A LOT of water and solution to first clean then apply tint. The rear window and interior rear parcel shelf of the Giulia is prone to dripping water onto the car's audio amplifier. Numerous amps have been lost due to this issue. Proactively mention this to your tint installer so they can take precautions to not fry the amplifier.

7. The Quadrifoglio lower front splitter is speed controlled with no way for paint protection film installers to lower it. The good news is that there are two bolts holding this piece in place further under (toward the rear) and this allows the splitter to be removed.

8. The lane departure warning audio can be enabled and disabled by pushing the button at the tip of the turn signal stalk.

9. If you experience a thumping noise when making tight turns in reverse or forward in a low-speed situation, this is normal. The suspension geometry and high performance tires on these cars causes somewhat of a crabbing effect when the wheel is turned for hard left or hard right parking situations. Alfa Romeo has issued a technical service bulletin (TSB) on this phenomenon and it is normal due to the ackerman angle of the front suspension.

10. Technical Service Bulletins: If your car is in for service, please ask the service advisor/tech to give you as much information as possible about warranty repairs. If you've had an issue that (likely)is model-wide, there is a high probability that your warranty repair is a part of a TSB. That info is really helpful for other owners who may be experiencing similar issues. We'd like to add your repair information if TSB related here: http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/7.../12994-technical-service-bulletins-tsb-s.html Please let us know via PM or posting in one of the technical sections with the relevant information.

11. VIN research: add your VIN to the last part of this link https://www.chrysler.com/webselfserv...etServlet?vin=

If you're reading this for the first time, welcome! Don't let these issues scare you if you are a potential future owner. We have an amazing support group here and if all else fails feel free to ask. Alfa Romeo is also glad to answer pre and post purchase questions as well. 1-844-253-2872

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,734 Posts
6. "My Harmon Kardon 14 speaker system sounds like crap" - you need to run your speakers in for about 12 hours on a low volume constant radio, nothing with a high dynamic range for the first few hours of running in. It should improve with age.
Also disable surround sound option and just try it in stereo, Surround Sound isnt for cars

·
Registered
196 Posts
6. "My Harmon Kardon 14 speaker system sounds like crap" - you need to run your speakers in for about 12 hours on a low volume constant radio, nothing with a high dynamic range for the first few hours of running in. It should improve with age.
Also disable surround sound option and just try it in stereo, Surround Sound isnt for cars
It wont help. It will still sound cheap

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Some Service Order Codes/Reflash Updates

The following updates were done:
RRT 17-020 Powertrain Improvements 18-19-17-9R 0.60 ECM, ECM2 & TCM were all updated.
RRT 17-022 Remote Start....................18-19-02-CB 0.20
Battery Compartment Cover Replaced: Saves you from having to replace the AMP if water gets in..

These were done on my car and the car is back to being a little Bestia.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
It wont help. It will still sound cheap

I concur. When I was shopping for my perfect Giulia, I looked at different cars with different option configurations and I was intrigued by the Harmon Kardon sound system. I had it on my fully loaded Buick Lacrosse Touring and it sounded simply amazing. However, I was completely disappointed on how bad it sounded in the Giulia. I was so shocked in fact (I couldn't believe it) that I told my sales man to look at another car with the Harmon Kardon sound system as I was thinking there was a problem with the car. Sure enough, the same underwhelming sound experience came out. We tried different types of music genres, all the same. We raised the volume to almost maximum levels to hear anything that was worth it. The base audio system (with navigation) for me sounded better and had more thump. So after looking at two cars, I knew the Harmon Kardon option was not something i needed (like the dual sunroof or red leather sport seats).

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Had Another Update Done Today

brought the Quad in for its 1st oil change and they performed a new software flash update
RRT 17-024 Electrical Improvement Update to BCM

·
Registered
196 Posts
I concur. When I was shopping for my perfect Giulia, I looked at different cars with different option configurations and I was intrigued by the Harmon Kardon sound system. I had it on my fully loaded Buick Lacrosse Touring and it sounded simply amazing. However, I was completely disappointed on how bad it sounded in the Giulia. I was so shocked in fact (I couldn't believe it) that I told my sales man to look at another car with the Harmon Kardon sound system as I was thinking there was a problem with the car. Sure enough, the same underwhelming sound experience came out. We tried different types of music genres, all the same. We raised the volume to almost maximum levels to hear anything that was worth it. The base audio system (with navigation) for me sounded better and had more thump. So after looking at two cars, I knew the Harmon Kardon option was not something i needed (like the dual sunroof or red leather sport seats).
I had a complete custom sound system installed in my Giulia, the installer said fiat uses a $5.00 sub-woofer. He told me it is the cheapest sub-woofer he has ever seen.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going to do some house-keeping on this thread in about 48 hours and put it in lockdown after that point. We can always add posts here after the fact, though, those posts will need to be manually added by admins/mods.

For the interim, feel free to add more items of interest about these cars that new owners or potential owners will ask or have shared concern.

Thanks for everyone's help!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
i just had a thought

i wonder if the carbon fibre roof might have something to do with it ... glass (which i know isnt carbon fibre but a similar hard compound) is woeful for acoustics, then there is the lighter aluminium doors etc and you have the makings of a potential acoustic disaster
i wonder of the HK in non carbon fibre roofs and interiors sounds any better

i have a basic 8 speaker sound system and it sounds good to me

you could put a 50,000 BnW speaker set up in a room with lots of glass and you will wonder where your money went

i believe after market sound insulation could be something to look at, doors come apart and special acoustic material added inside the doors, however there is still the problem with that roof

like i said...just a thought

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,435 Posts
This is the first time I've ever heard of a car audio system that needed breaking in.

Surround sound is awesome for listening to the news; it's as if the announcer is in an empty swimming pool with you.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
i just had a thought

i wonder if the carbon fibre roof might have something to do with it ... glass (which i know isnt carbon fibre but a similar hard compound) is woeful for acoustics, then there is the lighter aluminium doors etc and you have the makings of a potential acoustic disaster
i wonder of the HK in non carbon fibre roofs and interiors sounds any better

i have a basic 8 speaker sound system and it sounds good to me

you could put a 50,000 BnW speaker set up in a room with lots of glass and you will wonder where your money went

i believe after market sound insulation could be something to look at, doors come apart and special acoustic material added inside the doors, however there is still the problem with that roof

like i said...just a thought
my F80 M3 had a CF roof & HK system as did my E92 M3...and the sound system was fine...at least to me...and I am admittedly not an audiophile

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
oh well, there goes that theory, but did the Ms have lightweight aluminium doors? i would assume yes

havent listened to it myself, just puzzled why my simple 8 speaker basic 100w system sounds better than adequate when the multi dollar one is getting so many comments, maybe it depends what one was used to previously, i had the 159 Ti 30W system and it is way better than that

maybe a simple equaliser might really find that sweet spot

·
Registered
343 Posts
New Issue:

Got in my Giulia this morning, started it up, and all my radio presets were blank. LOL Just the AM/FM ones, all I had for Sirius/XM are still there in the pre-set and favorites, but all AM/FM's are gone. Haven't reset them yet.

Also, finally got the Thottle Control warning light. I do use the remote start a lot, and as I've read on here, that may be the issue. Called the dealer, they will see me today and do all the software updates on my car to see if that takes care of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have owned my 2017 Giulia Ti for less than 12 hours and am already having issues. When I start the car, it immediately says "Service Engine." The check engine light is on and I can't switch between sport, normal, and economy. It's stuck on normal.

Anyone else experienced anything similar?

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Do we have access to the service bulletins issued by Alfa Romeo?
board member DANEAFROM should....if not I will ask my SA at Miller on Monday...nice guy..he was responsible for my E39 M5 Dinan....so we have a history...always had wondered where he ended up when the BMW dealer was bought....

I thought I posted the latest RRT
here is what was done last week:
RRT 17-024 Electrical Improvements Update to ECM 18-19-17-9s

·
Registered
420 Posts
board member DANEAFROM should....if not I will ask my SA at Miller on Monday...nice guy..he was responsible for my E39 M5 Dinan....so we have a history...always had wondered where he ended up when the BMW dealer was bought....

I thought I posted the latest RRT
here is what was done last week:
RRT 17-024 Electrical Improvements Update to ECM 18-19-17-9s
Thanks that will help. What I really want is a web site where I can access them at will such as those available for GM, Ford, and so forth.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Nice. I wonder if you can reset these manually if you have an OBD2 reader with torque app? Maybe just reconnect the battery?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.