Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The OP's thread on sunroofs made me wonder. Has anyone here had their roof painted black to give contrast to their lighter coloured AR and at the same time the illusion of a sunroof ? If so, how did it turn out ? I ordered my white Giulia with sunroof and although I seldom open the shade or sunroof, I like that contrast.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The OP's thread on sunroofs made me wonder. Has anyone here had their roof painted black to give contrast to their lighter coloured AR and at the same time the illusion of a sunroof ? If so, how did it turn out ? I ordered my white Giulia w/sunroof and although I seldom open the shade or sunroof, I like that contrast.
Or get it vinyl wrapped vs paint. Would be faster and maybe cheaper. Take it off when you don't like it anymore.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,761 Posts
Right up there with artificial testicles for a neutered dog.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,761 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
There are shops that will wrap your roof in gloss black. A friend of mine literally got it done last week on his white Lexus.

Make sure you find a reputable shop in your area though. Cheap ones will skimp out on prep or quality of the wrap and start bubbling. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,617 Posts
The OP's thread on sunroofs made me wonder. Has anyone here had their roof painted black to give contrast to their lighter coloured AR and at the same time the illusion of a sunroof ? If so, how did it turn out ? I ordered my white Giulia with sunroof and although I seldom open the shade or sunroof, I like that contrast.
Do you mean like having the whole roof black (would look good) or just a small rectangle ala sun roof (wouldn't look good imo)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Do you mean like having the whole roof black (would look good) or just a small rectangle ala sun roof (wouldn't look good imo)
It would definitely be the whole roof. There would be absolutely no point in having just a small rectangle as shown above if you're looking for that contrast with the lighter coloured paint.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,617 Posts
It would definitely be the whole roof. There would be absolutely no point in having just a small rectangle as shown above if you're looking for that contrast with the lighter coloured paint.
In that case lots of cars have the whole roof black. Maybe instead of paint, just do a cf wrap. Not permanent if you don't like it, and would look good

Reactions: SirRog
1 - 15 of 15 Posts