Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Actually, that's the piping installed in U.S. Base and Ti Giulias. Europe has an option for a 200 hp Base model (and even more, I believe) that has a single exhaust with a dummy on he other side. It's still a single muffler with two exhausts.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Being that the 2.0 is 4 cylinders with the exhaust gases coming out of one bank through one manifold, It will never have true dual exhausts. The reason why the 2.0 even comes with twin tail pipes it’s because consumers have decided that cars having twin tail pipes are more esthetically pleasing to the eyes.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,796 Posts
Being that the 2.0 is 4 cylinders with the exhaust gases coming out of one bank through one manifold, It will never have true dual exhausts. The reason why the 2.0 even comes with twin tail pipes it’s because consumers have decided that cars having twin tail pipes are more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
Gee, and here I was thinking it was a form of jet propulsion. :grin2: Of course the engineer in me simply sees unnecessary mass.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Gee, and here I was thinking it was a form of jet propulsion. :grin2: Of course the engineer in me simply sees unnecessary mass.
Ha! I know right? Unnecessary mass like two extra doors and back seats! lol

Isn't one for quiet exhaust and the other for loud? :grin2:
I would love this option!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts