Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
FP3 - what a mix. Ferrari looking racy again. Q should be interesting, though I am not a fan of this track. Go KIMI! And they said possible rain for the race - on this tight street track? Carnage.

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah there will be carnage if weather is perfect....but 80kmh winds predicted, throw some rain drops and it will be massive chaos...,add VSC and Stroll might actually win lolz....really a pointless track but for Azerbaijani oil money...

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Great job LeClerc!
Voted driver of the day!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What a crazy race.
As expected, no? Az seems to be craziest place to have a race, despite being in the city it has some really fast straights that end in a way which warrants SC if one locks the brakes....they also dont know how to clean the track, they need to go for an educational excursion to Monaco to see how its done.....loved Leclercs fast and smart drive..Alfas were also among fastest, I think even fastest in P2/3.....Max predictably crazy, Ricci predictably fast and Vettel in crucial moment thinking his balls are hairier than they are...this could have been 1&2 Ferrari....Kimi drove briliantly, if not for brush at the begining guy would have won...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,776 Posts
I like the old buildings. Parts of circuit trying to be Monaco II or III? Record number of teams finishing in the points, I understand. Keep the unpredictability coming, F1.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
There is a shamrock on the Alfa on one of the side pod boards. Max is young and stupid. He says they talked about it but you know Ric tore him a new one. Ric feigned, Max bit, impossible to move back without moving twice. He should get penalized. I'm tired of his crap. This is where the guy trailing has the advantage. It's not technically a block when you feint to on side. Or is it? ;) Seb tried, but he had plenty of laps to set up a proper pass. I don't think the Mercs can out gun the Ferraris, especially on that track. I thin MB was light on downforce to make up top speed. That's why they had trouble warming tires and maintaining grip in the gusts. i was at Lombardo Motorcars today in CT. 4 days of wash wax vac detail only to be showered for 4 hours drive round trip. :( Good fun though. The Alfa and Ferrari clubs were out in force. I can post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Great job LeClerc!
Voted driver of the day!
Yep. Only three spots away from a podium...What's with Ericson?...It is almost as if LeClerc and him were driving different cars...Could his side of the garage have gotten the set-up so wrong or is it just talent....For sure, great straight line speed from the Saubers.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Looking forward to meeting LeClerc at the meet-and-greet with the Alfa Club in Austin.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
was able to watch the race last night...entertaining to say the least...
Horner is out of his mind pissed off...stormed away from the Sky reporter....and rightfully so....
Max is his own worst enemy....very talented driver...but needs a little humility which will help him drive smarter...still immature...probably gets that from his Dad Jos, I remember him as being a little hot under the collar as well when he was a driver...
feel real bad for Bottas....that was his race if not for the incompetence of the track crew....
onto Spain!!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^ horner apparently requested personal apologies from both to the team....RBR philosophy after all is there is no No1 driver....that would work great if Max wasnt so immature..was there even a race in last year or so where he did not cause some kind of mayhem?..it just seems that red mist always completelly overpowers him..it would be interesting if Ricci escapes to Ferrari....I really like Leclerc’s coolheadedness and quick learning, by this rate he will be up there on fast tracks where Alfa seems to have Ferrari speed

·
Registered
91 Posts
^^ horner apparently requested personal apologies from both to the team....RBR philosophy after all is there is no No1 driver....that would work great if Max wasnt so immature..was there even a race in last year or so where he did not cause some kind of mayhem?..it just seems that red mist always completelly overpowers him..it would be interesting if Ricci escapes to Ferrari....I really like Leclerc’s coolheadedness and quick learning, by this rate he will be up there on fast tracks where Alfa seems to have Ferrari speed
Not to mention an apparent trip to the factory for both of the boys to apologize to the workers. Good thing it's back to a two week regiment. Silly season will come early this year I think. Unfortunately, it may be at the expense of Kimi's retirement again from Ferrari. It would be nice to see Ferrari slot Leclerc in, but don't think he's had enough F1 development time for them to make that commitment.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I wonder if some of this has to do with kids learning to race on video games, and in the back of their heads they think there is a reset button.
I wouldnt go that far, most of the kids liKe Verstappen have a decade of racing experience in various categories.....but gokart doesnt disintegrate into million pieces of carbon....Verstappen is particularly young and very very fast, no doubt he is very talented however he does not appear as particularly intelligent...when you simply learn nothing from endless crashing.....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.