Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long 4 months, but F1 is finally getting fired back up this weekend! Sad to see the boys are no longer commentating, though. I hope the Sky coverage via ESPN will be done well, though it's my understanding they will have a new line up as well. Hoping Alfa Sauber does well - watch party 1:00am EST - who's in? :surprise:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,758 Posts
I'm also excited. Ignorant question: which boys?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would not set hopes too high for Sauber/Alfa. They were the last place team in 2017 and in a recent interview said it would take several years to become a midfield team. But last year they had 2016 Ferrari power units so with direct FCA support they should at least have better support in that area. This is really a driver development team for Ferrari, similar to Toro Rosso for Red Bull.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The national Alfa owner's club aroc.usa.org is sponsoring a trip to the Austin GP in October (18th-22nd).
Hotel, tickets, private transportation to and from the track (3 days), meet and greet the Sauber drivers, special jacket and hat ! etc.
I'm doing it!
Any predictions for this weekends race??

Reactions: TiSpdDmn and F1LOCO

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,988 Posts
Hope Melbourne turns on its best weather,

Vettel should bag this one,

Forza Alfa Romeo stickers on the side of the Sauber with the Ferrari engine !!!!!
(and thats quite a mouthful to be chanting in a crowd)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I would not set hopes too high for Sauber/Alfa. They were the last place team in 2017 and in a recent interview said it would take several years to become a midfield team. But last year they had 2016 Ferrari power units so with direct FCA support they should at least have better support in that area. This is really a driver development team for Ferrari, similar to Toro Rosso for Red Bull.
I agree and results this morning confirm it....considering how late the marriage between Alfa and Sauber happened i think they did fine first time out....I do expect substantial improvement over the season though and since they now wear prominent iconic racing insignia on the car ferrari will most likely step up their support....Toro had reasonable problems with Honda but Sauber was not so far off from Haas and Williams that surpassing them in season should not be the goal

·
Registered
469 Posts
Disappointed in NBC broadcasting team here in the US - No humor and kind of bland compared to Hobo & Co. -Still, looking forward to Ferrari beating Mercedes and Alfa fighting in the middle of the field. FORZA ALFA! FORZA FERRARI!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Disappointed in NBC broadcasting team here in the US - No humor and kind of bland compared to Hobo & Co. -Still, looking forward to Ferrari beating Mercedes and Alfa fighting in the middle of the field. FORZA ALFA! FORZA FERRARI!
It’s not NBC any longer. It’s espn now but I agree.. totally bland.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At least Alfa Sauber managed to put on wheel lugs correctly on all their cars ... :D

Too bad Kimi didn't get Lewis into the first couple of corners.

At least the next race won't be at 1am.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Not a Bad Day...

a win is a win Gents:grin2:
especially in the land of the Roos where passing is almost impossible when you are chasing the leader as Hamilton found out even in the stronger car...

I agree with you folks that the broadcasters SUCK!! hope they pick-it up...Paul DeResta instead of Hobbs???? REALLY:surprise:

Alfa-Sauber...not a bad 1st race for the young-one:grin2:

Anyone catch Prost's interview at the grid??....what a cry-baby....not in the spirit of F1:confused:
the guy has not changed.....a wonderfully gifted driver whose cry-baby attitude has always followed him....except when he was doing the shunting

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ha - he's French ... ;).

Can't believe it took the 20 minutes of broadcasting "on the grid" before anyone actually broadcasted. Had so much more hopes for Sky.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,758 Posts
At least Alfa Sauber managed to put on wheel lugs correctly on all their cars ... :D
Did someone miss the name change memo? Formula1.com lists "Sauber Ferrari".

Too bad Kimi didn't get Lewis into the first couple of corners.
Think there might've been a Ferrari 1-2? That would've been something special. Wouldn't it be something crazy if the conspiracy theory about Haas's lug nut failure turns out to be true?

At least the next race won't be at 1am.
Amen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Believe the official "title" sponsor name is correct at Alfa Romeo Sauber F1.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Miserable stuff from Haas. Just terrible. First "reliability" retirement of the season goes to Alfa Romeo Sauber F1. Might want to merge this with the "buy back" thread. Ericsson's car might be eligible.

j/k

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.