Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Question for my fellow Alfisti...my 4 year warranty just ran out and I am considering buying an extended warranty (2yr) for my 2017. I haven't had anything major so far..the usual warning lights that come on and then go away. Cost to purchase is about 3k.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Alfa Rosso, 2018
167 Posts
There are lots of posts regarding extended warranties. If the original has expired, it will cost more but itis generally recommended.

I posted this back in February, 2022-

I traded my 2018 Giulia for a 2018 Quadrifoglio with about 7 months left on original warranty.
I spent a good bit of time investigations Extended Warranties. Here is what I found…...
I requested quotes from forum member referrals, Mopar/Chrysler, Zeigler, and my dealer. As many of you know, all of these are dependent on lots of variables, year, mileage, deductibles, level of coverage, original warranty status, etc. I live in Pittsburgh. My dealer is Ron Lewis Pittsburgh - & they’ve been terrific!. I’m basing this on my QV.

At the end of the day, my dealer gave me the best deal. I based my decision on 3 things - price, coverage, dealer use. This is what I have (as of 2/2022). 60 months/75k miles @ $100 deductible -
Chrysler - $4,652
Clay Roberts - $5,100
Zeigler - $5,675
Ron Lewis (Zurich) - $3,300

Since I will be doing all/any work at Ron Lewis. This is who they say are most responsive & easiest to work with (yes even more so than Chrysler - go figure). I could sign up for “Pay in full”; 10% down + payments; or put as much down as I like & finance balance. No finance fees, only taxes. I just signed up.

So, there ya go - hope it’s helpful. If interested in this option, you can contact Dave at - [email protected]m
At a minimum, talk to the dealer you use - but I recommend reaching out and compare yourselves.

·
Registered
2017 Guilia Q4
5 Posts
I recommend an extended warranty, especially on the first-year imports. I'm in a 2017 (first-year) Guila Q4 purchased from Off-Lease Only, a company that specializes in previously leased vehicles. This one was purchased with 30k miles on the clock, and knowing the repulation of these cars, I purchased a factory warranty at 48k miles. This requires a dealership inspect the vehicle prior to warranty issue.

The warranty has paid for itself a few times over. Failed relays have been the bugbear of this car's existence. Since 2018 it's been on four flatbed rides, all covered 100% by the Stellantis warranty. With the work done on the car, Stellantis has lost money in the deal. The warranty also stipulates a replacement ride for all days the car is in the shop.

So yeah, the warranty was almost $3k, but very much worth it in my experience. Glenno64

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I recommend an extended warranty, especially on the first-year imports. I'm in a 2017 (first-year) Guila Q4 purchased from Off-Lease Only, a company that specializes in previously leased vehicles. This one was purchased with 30k miles on the clock, and knowing the repulation of these cars, I purchased a factory warranty at 48k miles. This requires a dealership inspect the vehicle prior to warranty issue.

The warranty has paid for itself a few times over. Failed relays have been the bugbear of this car's existence. Since 2018 it's been on four flatbed rides, all covered 100% by the Stellantis warranty. With the work done on the car, Stellantis has lost money in the deal. The warranty also stipulates a replacement ride for all days the car is in the shop.

So yeah, the warranty was almost $3k, but very much worth it in my experience. Glenno64
3K is a lot to pay for a MaxCare warranty on a 2.0. Mine was 1K for an additional 4 years.

• Haha
Reactions: Glenno64

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,635 Posts
Charge me less for not having a sunroof but more for having active suspension and leather interior?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,556 Posts
I would recommend any warranty you can get if you plan to keep for the long run. And if you sell the car you can probably transfer the warranty increasing the sale price

1 - 12 of 12 Posts