Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Related question- my car is going to be stored and not operated in my garage for 6 months soon. Is there any reason why I should not wait until that time period passes before purchasing an extended warranty?
It gets progressively more expensive the longer you wait, exactly how much is hard to figure out. Other than cash flow, there is no downside to purchasing early.

·
Registered
335 Posts
It gets progressively more expensive the longer you wait, exactly how much is hard to figure out. Other than cash flow, there is no downside to purchasing early.
Technically, it doesn't get progressively more expensive because of time; it gets progressively more expensive because of mileage. Using the online quote sites, the price is the same whether I say I have a 2020, 2021, or 2022 Giulia, so long as the mileage is under 12,000, under 24,000, or under 36,000.

Reactions: wingler and Avnyc11

·
Registered
77 Posts
Technically, it doesn't get progressively more expensive because of time; it gets progressively more expensive because of mileage. Using the online quote sites, the price is the same whether I say I have a 2020, 2021, or 2022 Giulia, so long as the mileage is under 12,000, under 24,000, or under 36,000.
I’m at less than 6100 now and will most likely be under 7000 at the end of October. I would rather pay then than now if it doesn’t make a difference.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I’m at less than 6100 now and will most likely be under 7000 at the end of October. I would rather pay then than now if it doesn’t make a difference.
It shouldn't make a difference. BUT......keep in mind that MOPAR is obviously under no obligation to keep the price where it is; it can raise prices across the board any time it wants to. So the possibility does exist that it will cost more in six months.

Reactions: Christopher_Alan

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
468 Posts
Chrysler Factory Plans is quoting 8 years (5 beyond existing factory warranty) 60k miles (plenty) for $1925. Quite the difference. Thanks!
On the Chrysler factory plans site for a promo code “paidinfull” or “payinfull” can’t remember which but will give a nice discount if you are paying in full vs payments

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got no response from Clay but Tom Winkels responded with an excellent price. I may get the 125000 mile version. Also I called Mopar directly and they quoted me pretty much MSRP and acted like I could not trust any quotes I got from dealers--said they often bait and switch you to another warranty.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
13 Posts
Thank you guys. I just used the links you guys sent and purchased a 2 year warranty with $100 deductible.
Edited to add: I used the code “payinfull” and was given a $395 discount.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
467 Posts
I spoke to Garrett and Clay and both quoted me the same reasonable price for extending my warranty. For me it's a "used car" extension as I already had a 1 year mopar max car warranty that expires tomorrow. It is well worth it in my book to avoid paying for any major repairs.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
13 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the pre warranty checkup they are requiring? Do I just go to the nearest Chrysler dealer and make an appointment?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts