Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Quadrifoglio
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had several members recommend an extended warranty for my '18 QV I just purchased.

Currently, I do not drive to work, only drive for 'pleasure' and I will not drive in winter. Also, I have a manufacturer's warranty that lasts until the end of this year.

Should I get an extended warranty now? Should I wait until my manufacturer's expires? Or, should I get it at all?

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I have had several members recommend an extended warranty for my '18 QV I just purchased.

Currently, I do not drive to work, only drive for 'pleasure' and I will not drive in winter. Also, I have a manufacturer's warranty that lasts until the end of this year.

Should I get an extended warranty now? Should I wait until my manufacturer's expires? Or, should I get it at all?
Last question first — yes.

No reason to wait. Get a MOPAR MaxCare plan from one of the several on line sources recommended over and over on the forum. Lots of options regarding mileage/term combinations and deductibles.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
459 Posts
I agree with the above. The extended warranty from MOPAR is a no brainer. Do it now and shop it for pricing. Just search this forum and you will find recommendations for who to call.

Reactions: wingler and Scrub

·
Registered
2019 QV Rosso Comp
1,172 Posts
It will be more than the 2K quoted- I think that member had a Ti. My QV was 2400 for an additional 3 years, so a 7/80

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,067 Posts
Yes to a warranty unless you hate going to dealers and want to work on the car yourself. Buy now as it will be cheaper compared to waiting.

Also if you got decide to sell, you can either sell warranty and increase total sale price or you can prorate warranty. Win win

·
Registered
456 Posts
My MaxCare extended warranty even covers the sun roof and all the electronics. Only need to have one of those babies fail and it's paid for itself. Very cheap peace of mind over my expected long term ownership.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just got a quote from MaxCare for my 2021 Giulia Ti with 6,000 miles.

No powertrain coverage (I have 10 year powertrain warranty though the dealership so no big deal.) No sunroof motor coverage. 5 years or 75,000 miles for a mere $7,066 from date of purchase.

So basically 7 grand for a 2 year policy. No thanks. Lol

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I just got a quote from MaxCare for my 2021 Giulia Ti with 6,000 miles.

No powertrain coverage (I have 10 year powertrain warranty though the dealership so no big deal.) No sunroof motor coverage. 5 years or 75,000 miles for a mere $7,066 from date of purchase.

So basically 7 grand for a 2 year policy. No thanks. Lol
Who was that quote from?

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Reactions: Christopher_Alan

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Chrysler Factory Plans is quoting 8 years (5 beyond existing factory warranty) 60k miles (plenty) for $1925. Quite the difference. Thanks!
Glad you found a better price. That’s +4 yrs to the factory warranty which is 4yrs/50k. Pretty sure the extended warranty 8 year clock starts at the original in service date of the car.

”This Plan provides coverage up to 8 years or 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first) from the Vehicle’s original in-service date. The original in-service date begins when the Vehicle is sold, which is the same as the manufacturer’s warranty date. THE 8 YEAR PLAN PERIOD AND 60,000 MILEAGE LIMITATION INCLUDES TIME COVERAGE UNDER AND MILEAGE TRAVELED WITHIN THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY PERIOD.”

Reactions: Christopher_Alan

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Related question- my car is going to be stored and not operated in my garage for 6 months soon. Is there any reason why I should not wait until that time period passes before purchasing an extended warranty?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts