Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that purchased their Giulia, how many purchased an extended warranty with it?

I purchased the 7 year, 100K extended warranty since I plan on keeping the car for a very long time.

My last new car which I still have is an 18 year old Saab.

Looking to have a long relationship with the Giulia so for piece of mind, I got the extended warranty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For those that purchased their Giulia, how many purchased an extended warranty with it?

I purchased the 7 year, 100K extended warranty since I plan on keeping the car for a very long time.

My last new car which I still have is an 18 year old Saab.

Looking to have a long relationship with the Giulia so for piece of mind, I got the extended warranty.
I normally avoid extended warranties like the plague, however i purchased it for a few reasons. Mainly it's a first year model vehicle by Afla Romeo, so reliably was a huge concern for me. If they didn't have the factory 40,000 mile warranty I would've never even considered the vehicle. Second, I tend to put a lot of miles on my vehicles. I'll be at 40,000 miles in the next two years more than likely.

It is great piece of mind knowing that any faults with the car will be covered. I believe it will pay for itself.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was not offered an extended warranty at the dealership. How much did the 7 year warranty set you back.

·
Super Moderator
2,086 Posts
I don't recall being offered one either, i'm expecting it to be like my other car where you get spammed offers left, right and center when yours expires. Does the 7 year kick in after the 4 year limited or is this different?

·
Registered
332 Posts
is this something we had to buy at the beginning? i was thinking to spring for an option like that as the factory warranty comes to its term

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
is this something we had to buy at the beginning? i was thinking to spring for an option like that as the factory warranty comes to its term
At least in Europe you can buy it later, as long as you do so before your 2 year standard warranty expires.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
943 Posts
I think I will have to get it. I wasn't offered an extended warranty when I bought my car. With the issues I have had with the car, it makes sense to get the 7 year 100 k mile warranty.

How much was it?

·
Registered
671 Posts
For those that bought it, can you say the range of the warranty, how much you paid, whether you negotiated the price and if it's for a base, TI or Quad? Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For those that bought it, can you say the range of the warranty, how much you paid, whether you negotiated the price and if it's for a base, TI or Quad? Thanks.
I paid $3550 for the warranty on my TI Q4, MSRP of about $55,000. I did not negotiate this price. It covers near everything and will last until 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
@kanundrum can you send me the info on that insurance?? I'm thinking it might just prove to be money well spent:grin2:

much appreciated
I would ring Miller up and ask their service department. I think they will give you a good deal on one, if they don't want to sell you one then just hit them up directly at

If You'd Like to Buy Mopar® Vehicle Protection
1-888-240-2709
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. ET

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I was not offered an extended warranty at the dealership. How much did the 7 year warranty set you back.
I paid $2,500 for a total of 7 years / 100k miles ($100 / deductible).

I don't recall being offered one either, i'm expecting it to be like my other car where you get spammed offers left, right and center when yours expires. Does the 7 year kick in after the 4 year limited or is this different?
Very strange that they never offered it to you. That is one of the main jobs of the finance manager is to sell "extra" add-on's during the paperwork. The 7 year / 100K mile warranty ($100 / deductible) is not in addition to the existing warranty. It is a total of including the 4 year / 50K mile warranty.

My dealer told me that the extended warranty is only offered at the time of sale. That could be untrue if other dealers said that they can purchase it later.

My dealer said it was available within a year of purchase.
Interesting since the finance manager said you could only buy it now. I would bet that you can buy it later. He might of just said that to pressure me into buying now.

7 years / 100K warranty - $100 / deductible (total). These extended warranties are fully negotiable. If you decide to purchase one, negotiate, negotiate, negotiate.

i did too as well as rim and tire protection
I thought about this but decided on just the extended warranty only.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I should also mention that there are several tiers / options for the extended warranty.

Customized by years / miles / deductible.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Today I receive in the mail a nice brochure/booklet from Alfa Romeo. It states that our cars are eligible within 48 months from the vehicle's original in service date and 48,000 miles to purchase an extend warranty. Term options up to 8 years/ 125,000 miles. $0 and $100 deductible levels, etc.

So from what I'm hearing, there is a lot of misinformation created by the our dealer friends.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts