Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Expel or clear coating protection......

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  conradnarra 
#1 ·
How much did you wrap your car in it?

1. Full car (total wrap)
2. Full hood, mirrors, side panels and doors
3. Half hood and mirrors

I am debating between options 1 and 2 understanding that full car wrap is a lot more expensive!:surprise:

#2 ·
#5 ·
That is what I was thinking! Thanks!
BTW, where can I find those tow hook license plate holders/Video camera mounting maggiggi you have?:grin2:

#4 ·
Yes, Rick at UCC is waiting for me to bring the QV in, I just need to decide which way to go.....
I might splurge and spend the $6000 for the full wrap since I intend to keep her for a long time.......
Merry Christmas!

Reactions: inikkor and chaiguy
#6 ·
Xpel Ultimate ...

Front fascia
Hood
Front fenders
Mirrors
Rockers
Trunk (Bumper Lip)
Rear lower third of bumpers
Windshield with Clearplex
Splitter with something a little thicker (not sure) underside only

$3500 from a well respected detail specialty shop
They also performed paint correction before

Reactions: BostonDMD
#8 ·
The thing with the new windshields is that there's no trim to remove around them anymore...that can be good and / or bad.....good in that there's no trim to damage during the removal of the windshield, bad in that the installer should be neat and not use excessive adhesive because you can't hide it with the trim....But there is so much technology in the windshields, the install is not as straightforward as it used to be...My Volvo V 60 needed a windshield replacement and this car has all the radar stuff in the windshield as well as an electric defroster (as is found in the rear window on every car)...it took two replacements to get everything to work properly....Factory OEM glass each time..

#9 ·
For what its worth...I did what they called a "Track Wrap"
used SunTek....entire front bumper, fascia, hood, front fenders side mirrors, lower CF rocker rear quarters...
roof & rear trunk not done....

personally I'd rather spend the 6k on a set of HRE rims:grin2:
think mine cost me about 2k with taxes and that included a full detail prior to the application...they had the car for 3 days...

#12 ·
Suntek
Front end including splitter
Full hood
Full front fenders
A pillars
Full roof
Full rocker panels
Front and rear around rear wheels
Top of bumper
Windows tinted
I did all paint correction prior
Kinda wish I would have done full wrap but feel 90% covered

#13 ·
Boston - I did a full car XPel Ultimate wrap, done before I picked the car up at the dealer.

I got the NJ shop to go down from 4500 to 4000, but it looks amazing. Only one VERY little bubbly end on a car mirror, otherwise a flawless application. I'll handle that locally in charlotte when it warms up. The stuff is supposed to seal back with a blowdryer the way I understand it.

Reactions: BostonDMD
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.