1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone answer the following questions for the base Giulia:

-Is it a single muffler or dual muffler set up

-Inlet and exit pipe diameter

I went under to check it out and the the muffler is completely covered by body panels.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
You have a couple of issues.

1) The current exhausts tips, aren’t exhaust tips. They are trim mounted on the rear valance. If you look inside them, you’ll see the real exhausts.

2) You’ll have to remove the trim tips.

3) You’ll then have to position two hot pipes within an opening of a plastic/composite valance so they won’t either touch it or get to close to it.

Either get professional, air gapped, tips or choose a smaller size, my $0.02.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You mean where the fake tips are? I'm not sure, you'd have to measure it...
Yes where the fake tips are. I measured and they are around 4.5 inches. So I was thinking to get one with 4" but I do not want them to touch the diffuser when the car is moving.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The muffler has four hangers, two on each outlet pipe. 4" would be too big, perhaps 3.5" or 3"? Honestly, try a good muffler shop, they will have tips that will fit and are either low-heat-conductivity or airgapped.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The aftermarket exhausts come with 102mm diameter slash cut tips. That's the size which will fit the diffuser perfectly.

Going slightly smaller will ensure a gap but those 102mm ones (4") seem to have a gap albeit small around them. If you get double skinned it will be fine.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,437 Posts
Will the left or right pipe eject a potato farther?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The aftermarket exhausts come with 102mm diameter slash cut tips. That's the size which will fit the diffuser perfectly.

Going slightly smaller will ensure a gap but those 102mm ones (4") seem to have a gap albeit small around them. If you get double skinned it will be fine.
Yeah I was thinking 4" would be perfect. I will give that a try. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts