Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a good deal on an AFE Axleback back in Early August. The AFE Catback is a high quality exhaust but not mufflers, that just reuses the stock tips. I keep getting delayed on ETA. Was first told a week after ordering that ship date was Sept 11th. Sept 11 rolls around, no tracking number. So i asked for an update, new ship date is Oct 9th. AFE is having supply chain issues, and high demand, is the reason for delay. Confirmed with AFE this is true.

I found the Megan Racing has an catback, and is in stock. Sound seems very nice and low. A couple people have reviews, and mostly positive, except for some oval pipes when installing slip joints. I found a really good deal on it. Its only $120 more for the full Catback compared to the AFE Axleback. The Megan Racing can ship out today.

I have heard AFE makes very nice exhausts, and think they may have the edge on quality, but its a muffler delete axleback. Kind of hard to mess that up.

The Megan Catback has a muffler that is used as a Helmoltz chamber to get rid of resonance and reduce drone.

What should I do? Any more opinions on comparision between these two. Both are under $500. its hard to find anything less expensive than these.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Both sounded pretty comparable to me with a quick Youtube search, and at that price they can't really add much to differentiate each other. It's more of do you want an exhaust now, or do you want to wait a month to get it?

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
1,117 Posts
Muffler delete wont be too bad since factory mid-pipe has a resonator. A lot of the race exhausts on the market are just straight pipes from catback which they all will sound practically the same. As you said, you can't really mess up a muffler delete. If that is what you want, just take it to a reputable shop nearby and have them do it? Order on ebay for the afe? aFe MACH Axle-Back Exhaust System for 2017-2022 Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0T | eBay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts