Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you are now driving the Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, you are missing out on the glorious sound of the factory exhaust. Unless you are in RACE mode, the exhaust bypass valves will only be open if you are at high speed or really putting your foot down. Nothing wrong with that, but when you are idling at the stop light or gently cruising, the exhaust bypass valves are generally closed ... unless you are in RACE mode.

The Forza Exhaust Bypass Valve Controller has been expressly designed for high performance sports cars such as Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini and Alfa Romeo. There are dozens of satisfied Giulia customers using the Forza Exhaust Controller ... we invite you to be one of them.

You can obtain the Forza Exhaust Controller directly from us ... http://forzacomponenti.com/ ...
or from our re-seller, Madness Autoworks https://madnessautoworks.com/
The Model B3A controller, now available, is smaller, therefore more compact and easier to install than older models. No wiring modification, completely plug-and-play. No Check Engine Light. Completely reversible. The controllers have a one-year warranty and purchase is risk-free with a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Just return the controller within 15 days of receipt.

Thanks,

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed mine with a manual switch. No uncertainty of whether it is opened/closed. Don't have to wait for confirmation by sound. Switch is hidden down on steering column where my wife can't see me switching it on or off. Doesn't involve my reaching up to the visor for Homelink. I LOVE IT! Cost to install with switch $150.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an FYI ... any single pole, single throw switch will work. Along with the exhaust controllers, I have a good supply of these switches called, "Angel Eye" push-button switches. These switches have a slightly raised push button when in the off position and flush when on. They actually look pretty nice and the LED portion can be wired to light up when you turn on your headlights. I have them in yellow LED and red LED.

Besides using them for the exhaust controller, you can use them for any project.

http://forzacomponenti.com/ledswitch.html

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an exhaust controller available for reduced price. This is the model B2A ... the prior version to the current model, the B3A. Functionally identical, but a bit larger. Not really a problem with the Giulia as there is more than adequate room in the trunk (aka boot) of the car to locate the module.

For sale for $250 ... the normal price is $350.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Model E3 Controller Now Available

Hi All,

The Model E3 controller for Alfa Giulia / Stelvio is now available. The E3 controller is $295 vs. the current price for the Model B3A of $360. Same reliability. Same function.

Technology Electronic device
(click the thumbnail for larger image)
The differences are:

• Circuit board less complex. Only supports a single vacuum solenoid valve (e.g., Alfa Romeo)
  • The case is made of high-impact ABS plastic vs. extruded aluminum
I invite you to drop by the web site and have a look ... http://forzacomponenti.com/catalog.html

Oh ... in the attachment below of the kit contents, the controller says Ferrari 599 on the label ... it works on that car too.

Best regards,

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have just announced the Model B4A Exhaust Controller. This controller has the enhanced function of having a user-defined default state ... that is, the use can configure the controller so that on engine start the controller will be in Normal mode (the car's ECU manages the bypass valves) or Always Open.

The Model B4A cost $360.

The Model E3 controller does not have this option, however, it cost $295.

Now Alfa Giulia QV and Stelvio QV owners have a choice of controllers.

More info here ... http://forzacomponenti.com/

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just announced the Model B4A Exhaust Controller. This controller has the enhanced function of having a user-defined default state ... that is, the use can configure the controller so that on engine start the controller will be in Normal mode (the car's ECU manages the bypass valves) or Always Open.

The Model B4A cost $360.

The Model E3 controller does not have this option, however, it cost $295.

Now Alfa Giulia QV and Stelvio QV owners have a choice of controllers.

More info here ... http://forzacomponenti.com/

Steve
Hi Steve

I'm very interested in this and would like to know what the install process is like. Are you able to share the installation instructions with me?

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Steve

I'm very interested in this and would like to know what the install process is like. Are you able to share the installation instructions with me?

Thanks
Of course. You can view the documentation for installation on the Alfa Giulia QV (Stelvio QV is similar) using these two links:

Also this link is easily viewed using your Internet browser ...
http://www.forzacomponenti.com/faq_giuliaqv.html

Best regards,

Steve

·
Registered
131 Posts
Had the Forza componenti exhaust controller installed today. AJ hooked it up to the homelink buttons. The sound is so addictive, you cannot not drive in manual, even in the normal mode. I am glad I was introduced to AJ who installed it and I highly recommend him for your Alfa Romeo service in the Philly and NJ area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just an FYI ... any single pole, single throw switch will work. Along with the exhaust controllers, I have a good supply of these switches called, "Angel Eye" push-button switches. These switches have a slightly raised push button when in the off position and flush when on. They actually look pretty nice and the LED portion can be wired to light up when you turn on your headlights. I have them in yellow LED and red LED.

Besides using them for the exhaust controller, you can use them for any project.

http://forzacomponenti.com/ledswitch.html

Steve
I have the B4A controller installed and working with the remote fob. What do I need to get the switch installed. Does it need to be hardwired to the module?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have the B4A controller installed and working with the remote fob. What do I need to get the switch installed. Does it need to be hardwired to the module?
The Forza controller provides the option to use the included remote fob or an user-sourced manual switch to control the bypass valves. it is shipped and configured to use the remote fob. To use a manual switch, you will need to change the configuration of the controller to disable the remote fob and enable the switch option. Very easy. This is done by changing the position on a couple of switches located on the edge of the printed circuit board. You only need remove the end panel on the controller and the switches that need to be changes are located right on the edge.

Refer to instructions here ...

http://www.forzacomponenti.com/docu...troller_Installation_Instructions_08Feb19.pdf

You will also need to run a single wire from the controller to the On/Off switch that you locate anywhere. This wire is merely a path to ground and does not need to be fuse protected. Connect the wire to one of the contacts on the switch and connect the other contact on the switch to any suitable ground.

Any simple On/Off switch will work. You will need to decide what type of switch you want and where to install it. I do not believe that you have an option of an unused position on the dash, so you will need to determine where you can install a switch. Perhaps under the steering column, center console, ash tray?

Regards,

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is the main difference between the two the enclosure and default start mode?
Yes. The E3 has an ABS plastic enclosure. The B4A has an aluminum enclosure. The B4 and B4A are originally developed for Ferrari and Lamborghini where placement would be in the engine bay. It gets damned hot there and temps can rise to the point where ABS plastic begins to melt. Hence, the use of an aluminum enclosure which costs considerably more than an ABS one.

On Alfa’s, the controller is installed in the boot (trunk) so heat is not an issue.

The B4 / B4A has an additional circuit on the mother board to allow setting the default start mode to either open or closed. The E3 does not. Otherwise, the two models have equivalent functions.

The differences contribute to higher costs for the B4 / B4A

Steve

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,443 Posts
Yes. The E3 has an ABS plastic enclosure. The B4A has an aluminum enclosure. The B4 and B4A are originally developed for Ferrari and Lamborghini where placement would be in the engine bay. It gets damned hot there and temps can rise to the point where ABS plastic begins to melt. Hence, the use of an aluminum enclosure which costs considerably more than an ABS one.

On Alfa’s, the controller is installed in the boot (trunk) so heat is not an issue.

The B4 / B4A has an additional circuit on the mother board to allow setting the default start mode to either open or closed. The E3 does not. Otherwise, the two models have equivalent functions.

The differences contribute to higher costs for the B4 / B4A

Steve
What’s the weight of each?

·
Registered
2018 Giulia QV
39 Posts
I am having trouble adding B4A to the cart.
I clicked on "Add to Cart" and it took me to paypal, but after logging in, nothing happened.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry for the problem. I do not know exactly what is the cause ... something on PayPal's side. It is fixed now. At least as of this writing. Let me know if issue continues.

Steve

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.