Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

New member here and first time Alfa owner. Recently upgraded to a 2020 Giulia Quadrigfolio in black. Absolutely love it!
My issue is, it came with the silver/alloy wheels and I have always been a black wheels kind of person.
I live in Florida and was wondering if anyone has black wheels that would like to trade for my silver wheels?

Or if anyone has any suggestions on a semi-cheap/ reasonable way to get my hands on a set of black wheels instead.

Thank you!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful spec! You can get in on the forged wheel group buy here—sizes, finishes, colors, etc. are all customizable and John is awesome to work with:

· Registered
'17 Giulia QV
1,445 Posts
Congrats on your QV! You should be able to find someone to swap with and get some extra cash possibly on top since most people want bright wheels instead of the dark. Try to source out some Tecnicos, it will look sweet on your ride!

· Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
1,323 Posts
I did this with my 2018 QF, but the other way around. I'm not a fan of dark and traded from bright. I tried to do it again with my 2020 QF, but had no takers. Good luck, seems I'm one of the few who prefer brights, dark is all the rage these days. You may end up just getting yours powdercoated in dark.

· Registered
135 Posts
As @614 mentioned, check out the GB. You can do custom whatever you want basically (like if you want different offsets to be a little more flush, etc), brushed finishes, etc.

They’ll also be ~20lbs lighter than your current wheels

That said, I like the bright finish

· Registered
92 Posts
I love the 5 hole wheels, and on the whole far prefer the dark finish though I agree that for select colours (especially black) the contrast of the bright wheels can look great. Mine is in Misano blue and for my taste, the dark wheels are the only way to go with that colour. I do like brights against black or the darker monochrome shades like Vesuvio, if you want a bit of visual jewelry, though the darks look great agains them too if you want slightly more menacing. I'm personally not a fan of the brights with the more colourful hues - but it's all a matter of personal opinion, you should go with what you like.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
4,226 Posts
I am positive the bright 5-hole wheels will grow on you, if you give them a chance. Give them a couple of more weeks and you will end loving the look. I understand that you "... have always been a black wheels kind of person..." but, the bright 5-hole wheels are truly special. And, it I am wrong, do not worry, you will find someone to swap the wheels if you are patient.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys are awesome. Thanks for the comments about my car! They're definitely growing a bit more on me now, still feel like if someone out there is willing to trade ill do it, but now I definitely won't be paying for PC or anything like that since I'm not as opposed to the bright wheels right now as when I originally posted this!

· Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
553 Posts
Nice. I'm a bit surprised how good the bright wheels look on black..
You really can't go wrong with this beauty of a car..

· Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio ‘19
25 Posts
I did this with my 2018 QF, but the other way around. I'm not a fan of dark and traded from bright. I tried to do it again with my 2020 QF, but had no takers. Good luck, seems I'm one of the few who prefer brights, dark is all the rage these days. You may end up just getting yours powdercoated in dark.
I love the bright 5-holes. Maybe I’ll try to trade OP

· Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio ‘19
25 Posts
Hello everyone

New member here and first time Alfa owner. Recently upgraded to a 2020 Giulia Quadrigfolio in black. Absolutely love it!
My issue is, it came with the silver/alloy wheels and I have always been a black wheels kind of person.
I live in Florida and was wondering if anyone has black wheels that would like to trade for my silver wheels?

Or if anyone has any suggestions on a semi-cheap/ reasonable way to get my hands on a set of black wheels instead.

Thank you! View attachment 135131
I live in Houston, TX but would happily trade my dark tecnicos for your BFHs if I could.
Are you in florida by any chance?
I’m not, sadly… I’m in Houston, Texas- otherwise I’d have sent you a PM.

· Registered
52 Posts
I have never understood the black wheel thing. Back in the day people had black steel wheels because that's all they could afford. You can have the fanciest wheel made, paint them black and they virtually disappear. What's the point. I love my silver wheels. To each their own but you couldn't give me black no-see-um wheels, especially on a dark colored car.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

1 - 20 of 21 Posts