Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in leasing a Giulia and 2 Florida dealerships I've visited presented me with Ally Financial SmartLease contracts that have what I feel is excessive "Amount Due at Lease Signing or Delivery" amounts. Both dealerships are asking me for an initial 1st payment of $2,700

I have leased many cars previously and was never presented an amount that high. The two line items that stand out most are the Acquisition Fee ($595) and the Dealer/Doc Fee ($799 ~ $995) BTW, Ally offers $0 Lease End Disposition Fee.

Also, I have never leased a vehicle from a 3rd party other then the auto manufacturer's financial services offering.

Both of my previous Mercedes leases on vehicles > $50K required an amount due at signing of $1,500 ~ $1,950 and have either listed the Acq. Fee or the Doc. Fee. Never both!

Lastly, I am not interested in sign-and-drive trickery that rolls all the taxes and fees into the monthly lease payment, allowing you to drive away with a signature only and $0 payment.

Members, what are you opinions/experiences in this area?

Thank you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am interested in leasing a Giulia and 2 Florida dealerships I've visited presented me with Ally Financial SmartLease contracts that have what I feel is excessive "Amount Due at Lease Signing or Delivery" amounts. Both dealerships are asking me for an initial 1st payment of $2,700

I have leased many cars previously and was never presented an amount that high. The two line items that stand out most are the Acquisition Fee ($595) and the Dealer/Doc Fee ($799 ~ $995) BTW, Ally offers $0 Lease End Disposition Fee.

Also, I have never leased a vehicle from a 3rd party other then the auto manufacturer's financial services offering.

Both of my previous Mercedes leases on vehicles > $50K required an amount due at signing of $1,500 ~ $1,950 and have either listed the Acq. Fee or the Doc. Fee. Never both!

Lastly, I am not interested in sign-and-drive trickery that rolls all the taxes and fees into the monthly lease payment, allowing you to drive away with a signature only and $0 payment.

Members, what are you opinions/experiences in this area?

Thank you.
The acq fee can't get negotiated away, that's the same for FCA financial too. The dealer/doc fee certainly can get negotiated. If you are happy with the selling price, tell them to nix the doc fee, or reduce the sale price accordingly. All you are worried about is the total amount out the door. They can offer you 20% off MSRP, compared to another dealer offering 18% off MSRP, but if the other dealer has a dealer fee of $100 vs $1000, where are you really getting the lowest price?

What are the other terms of the lease? Can you spell out what the MSRP is, the selling price, the additional fees, the residual, miles, and Money Factor? That'll all help to decide if it's a good lease or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at very differently optioned cars at one dealer vs the other. However, both leases were similar when you look at percentages. Meaning, one car was 10% less than the other hence, so was the total cost of lease.

Neither deal was good, especially when you're at $2,700 out the door with a $460 payment (before tax) on a 24mo, 15Kmi lease.
MSRP was $42K ~ $43K
Selling Price was $35K ~ $36K
Residual was 59%
Money Factor (idk)
Other Fees were nothing out of the ordinary; 1st payment was included in the $2,700 amount.

Good lease or not?

·
Registered
72 Posts
19-20% total of MSRP theoretically should set you up for a good deal with a zero down (except first month payment and registration, etc.), but Alfa's leasing numbers so far have been terrible. Especially this month wih a 27 month lease.

https://leasehackr.com/calculator?m...Incentives &monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=10000

Play around with the calculator, punch in your numbers, and figure out where they are getting you. According to the calculator, with your estimated numbers it should be $460 before tax with zero down at all.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I did not go with Alley and just got Chrysler financing on a 36-month lease. Rather wanted 24 but Alley was junk.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts
Reactions: justaloco

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
the only 2 things that stand out to me on what you stated are:
the dealer DOC fee is ridiculously high
15k miles per year: that is not really the norm that have been seen here...most have been either 10k or 12k per year...so I'm sure that upped your monthly payment a bit...
but the money factor and residual being used are important to know...
Best of Luck in your search!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I recently leased through Ally a ‘17 Ti with $50,500 MSRP at $3,000 total at signing and $462/mo for 39 mo, 10,000/yr mileage. Very happy with deal and car at 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Just curious as to why Ally was dismissed as "junk". Never used them myself...
I say as their deal they returned was much higher than what I could get through Chrysler. Maybe I should have re-phrased at their deal was junk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts