Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious what will become available to the QV in due time...
Personally just "dialing up the boost" does not appeal to me...
I'm thinking of personally trying to help it breathe better...from the headers back...HFC...lighter less restrictive cans & resonators...something along those lines....
and of course I'm a sucker for new shoes...and BBS...wonder if they will make something...
thought from others??
Regards
M

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
EuroCompulsion (https://shopeurocompulsion.net/) has plans to make performance goodies to fit the Giulia. I have their ECU clone on my 4C and like it very well. The shop took delivery of their own Quad already. I asked them about the Ti and they said (without detail) that they have big plans for all of the Giulia models. I did ask rather specifically about the Ti and 350 hp, and they said that should be easy.

I would expect Madness Autoworks (https://madnessautoworks.com/) to support the Giulia as well.

·
Supporting Vendor
696 Posts
Not shure, you will find any lighter wheels than the technicos]
They are impressive.

I weighed a set of the Tecnicos yesterday when I was test-fitting them (see my other post about the Tecnicos and the CCM Brakes). Often, manufacturers list wheel weights that are less than truthful. But sure enough the Tecnicos are exactly as stated, just over 19 lbs for the fronts and just over 20 lbs for the rear.

·
Registered
576 Posts
They are impressive.

I weighed a set of the Tecnicos yesterday when I was test-fitting them (see my other post about the Tecnicos and the CCM Brakes). Often, manufacturers list wheel weights that are less than truthful. But sure enough the Tecnicos are exactly as stated, just over 19 lbs for the fronts and just over 20 lbs for the rear.
Are you saying the Technicos are the better, lighter wheels between the other stock choice of the 5 hole? If so, that's odd considering the upcharge for the 5 hole.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are impressive.

BBS F1 wheels are lighter...though no fitment as of yet....and it's uncanny how much they resemble the Tecnicos

Attachments

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
EuroCompulsion (https://shopeurocompulsion.net/) has plans to make performance goodies to fit the Giulia. I have their ECU clone on my 4C and like it very well. The shop took delivery of their own Quad already. I asked them about the Ti and they said (without detail) that they have big plans for all of the Giulia models. I did ask rather specifically about the Ti and 350 hp, and they said that should be easy.

I would expect Madness Autoworks (https://madnessautoworks.com/) to support the Giulia as well.
I hope you're right on the Ti! I'm sure 280hp will be plenty but something tells me a bit more emfff is possible out of the Ti. I'm thinking Intake+Exhaust+ECU should bring it very close to 350

·
Supporting Vendor
696 Posts
Are you saying the Technicos are the better, lighter wheels between the other stock choice of the 5 hole? If so, that's odd considering the upcharge for the 5 hole.
Lighter, yes.

Better, that's up to each customer to decide. Being a forged wheel the Tecnicos are probably stronger.

I think Alfa Romeo feels the 5-hole design is their "signature" wheel and meshes well with their overall design theme, thus they want to equip more vehicles with them. As for the surcharge, we are not really privy to all aspects of cost and supply vs. demand when it comes to these components, so I really don't know why they charge $500 more for them.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Lighter, yes.

Better, that's up to each customer to decide. Being a forged wheel the Tecnicos are probably stronger.

I think Alfa Romeo feels the 5-hole design is their "signature" wheel and meshes well with their overall design theme, thus they want to equip more vehicles with them. As for the surcharge, we are not really privy to all aspects of cost and supply vs. demand when it comes to these components, so I really don't know why they charge $500 more for them.
I'm just surprised that the stock wheel is forged and upgrade wheeel is not. BTW...looking forward to seeing you guys to start offering performance parts and accessories. Got feeling the car will really sing with an after market performance exhaust...preferably without the valve. Would be nice to habe the Race mode purr in all driving modes. I'm used to the all titanium M Performance Exhaust. Car sounded amazing when fully warmed up on the road.

Here's to hoping Supersprint, Tubi, Remus has something coming for the Alfa.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I hope you're right on the Ti! I'm sure 280hp will be plenty but something tells me a bit more emfff is possible out of the Ti. I'm thinking Intake+Exhaust+ECU should bring it very close to 350
AR has a Giulia Veloce for the European market. Like the Ti, it has a 2.0 four cylinder but 350 hp. I have to assume they share the same block. What the specific differences are, I don't know.

I'm with you that, "I'm thinking Intake+Exhaust+ECU should bring it very close to 350" should work nicely.

·
Registered
242 Posts
AR has a Giulia Veloce for the European market. Like the Ti, it has a 2.0 four cylinder but 350 hp. I have to assume they share the same block. What the specific differences are, I don't know.
That's not correct. The EMEA Veloce is either 280 hp petrol or 210 hp diesel.
http://www.alfaromeo.it/giulia/veloce#Powertrain

Their base gas engine is only 200 hp, likely for tax and emissions reasons.

The 350 hp model is supposedly a NAFTA exclusive and enabled with electric turbo.
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/23234-post5.html

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.