Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife's Audi is slowly imploding (probably due to the poor service from our local dealer) and she's hellbent on an SUV. I told her to drive the Stelvio LAST, because it would ruin everything else, and so we drove a bunch of other compact SUVs that lease for the same money. The Rav-4 Hybrid that everyone is driving was exactly the appliance we expected, however we didn't expect how smooth the hybrid powertrain would be. Coming from several DSGs and Alfa's briskly-tuned ZF8, the buttery electric takeoff was kind of nice. Our interest piqued, we decided to check out a full battery electric.

We've been passengers in Teslas here and there but they don't offer test drives in our area. Instead we drove the Kona EV, which most terrible Hyundai dealers are happy to provide covered in a thick layer of "I don't know what this is or how to sell it" dust and bird shit. Underneath the fugly looks, and expansive Hyundai cheapness, the powertrain was simply epic. Impossibly smooth with full 300 lb-ft of torque literally any second you want it, able to easily spin the (front) wheels while moving. Combined with the low C of G, serene silence at lights without stop/start or Hybrid jitters, and Hyundai's super competitive driver assist tech, we were both frankly a little floored. Returning a few hours later to the dealership to shoo the oogling salesmen away from the Giulia, it was clear that what we were looking for had changed. We love our Alfa's personality, and may still buy one post-lease for weekend duty, but I can confidently say we won't be buying/leasing any more gas vehicles for daily commuting duty. For us, it really was a totally unexpected broadband-type bell we couldn't un-ring.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,741 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,741 Posts
There's a new swine flew that may turn into another pandemic. Now is the time to buy gas cars cause it costs next to nothing to fuel them!
Torture! Gas is cheap and driving is limited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts