Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport RWD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my Alfa brethren, does anyone know if we can have European license plates in Texas? Also, how does one go about purchasing one!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport
76 Posts
I don't know about Texas specifically but I've had no issue with mine in Wisconsin. I got my custom one from Custom European Plates (CustomEuropeanPlates.com) and love it! Throwing an Italian plate on the Giulia is 100% the way to go

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't know about Texas specifically but I've had no issue with mine in Wisconsin. I got my custom one from Custom European Plates (CustomEuropeanPlates.com) and love it! Throwing an Italian plate on the Giulia is 100% the way to go
Any pictures to share? I was looking at something like that...did you also get the plate bracket too to mount and drill out holes?

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport
76 Posts
Any pictures to share? I was looking at something like that...did you also get the plate bracket too to mount and drill out holes?
Yes I got the carbon fiber bracket and mounted it using the pre-existing holes and here's a few pics!

Quick edit: I also have the protective shield in the bracket with the plate as the bugs (and rocks from construction) over summer were mental and I didn't want to risk the plate itself

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yes I got the carbon fiber bracket and mounted it using the pre-existing holes and here's a few pics!

Quick edit: I also have the protective shield in the bracket with the plate as the bugs (and rocks from construction) over summer were mental and I didn't want to risk the plate itself

View attachment 104239 View attachment 104240 View attachment 104241

That does look cool in CF! Not sure how I feel about drilling in my bumper still...as of right now I have no front plate even though its mandatory lol :p

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Ruins the look of the car IMO. People in states where front plates are required are willing to risk fines and jail time going without, why would you do that to the beautiful front end of the Giulia for no good reason?

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport
76 Posts
Ruins the look of the car IMO. People in states where front plates are required are willing to risk fines and jail time going without, why would you do that to the beautiful front end of the Giulia for no good reason?
Mine came with the plate holes already drilled, trust me I wasn't happy with that I'd rather have it clean but the Euro plate look definitely makes it stand out more than it already does. And in Wisconsin u can't be pulled over for not displaying a front plate, but you can be ticketed for it if you're pulled over for speeding which is why I keep my front Wisconsin plate next to the seat to throw up onto the dash if I'm ever tagged speeding.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Did you have to register that plate with the DMV?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yes my rear plate is my wisconsin plate and I have my 2nd wisconsin plate next to my seat incase I get pulled over for speeding or something.
I get it now. That makes sense. Thanks for confirming

1 - 15 of 15 Posts