Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Alfa Romeo will ever offer a Euro Delivery program? Similar to BMW where you pay here in USD, pick up at the factory in Italy and then drop off at a shipping port of your choice to send back to the US? BMW offers a 7% discount when you do Euro Delivery. I would still do Euro Delivery even without the discount, to be able to drive my new QV in Europe is bucket list worthy!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I did tell FCA communication folks about it and right now I think their main goal is brand recognition and dealership network. After that they I assume they can branch off into projects like that, Having been to the Cassino factory just a few weeks back there are so many items to do near it!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ideally, you'd want the European Delivery to take place near the headquarters and Alfa Museum - just like MB & Porsche (Stuttgart), BMW (Munich), Audi (Ingolstadt), and Volvo (Gothenburg). This is where the problem lies, technically Alfa Romeo's headquarters is Turin; however it was founded in Milan and that is where the Alfa Romeo Museum is located. Mercedes and Porsche both have great set ups where their museums essentially end right where their enormous showroom/dealership starts. This is where customers can test drive new vehicles and take delivery of their new cars. Over the next few years FCA should push for a similar customer experience.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I did tell FCA communication folks about it and right now I think their main goal is brand recognition and dealership network. After that they I assume they can branch off into projects like that, Having been to the Cassino factory just a few weeks back there are so many items to do near it!
I'll push the topic next month at the leadership summit if I get the opportunity. I'll update if I get any news back. I've bugged my rep about it quite a bit.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ideally, you'd want the European Delivery to take place near the headquarters and Alfa Museum - just like MB & Porsche (Stuttgart), BMW (Munich), Audi (Ingolstadt), and Volvo (Gothenburg). This is where the problem lies, technically Alfa Romeo's headquarters is Turin; however it was founded in Milan and that is where the Alfa Romeo Museum is located. Mercedes and Porsche both have great set ups where their museums essentially end right where their enormous showroom/dealership starts. This is where customers can test drive new vehicles and take delivery of their new cars. Over the next few years FCA should push for a similar customer experience.
Will Alfa Romeo will ever offer a Euro Delivery program? Similar to BMW where you pay here in USD, pick up at the factory in Italy and then drop off at a shipping port of your choice to send back to the US? BMW offers a 7% discount when you do Euro Delivery. I would still do Euro Delivery even without the discount, to be able to drive my new QV in Europe is bucket list worthy!
It'll likely happen, just not likely soon. Kanundrum pretty we'll hit it on the head, also the launch of vehicles following the Giulia and Stelvio.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I visited the AR museum at the end of 2015 and they do have an area that seems to be designed for some kind of customer delivery. It can't handle the volumes of the German museums/delivery centers but I think that it can probably handle current volumes. It would need additional personnel for this but the building is there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would also be very interested in Euro delivery
My wife and I picked up our last BMW in Munich a great experience and the savings paid for the trip !
Russ Dejulio
Pittsburgh PA

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
posted this elsewhere as I just returned from Italy yesterday and spent some time in Milano...
visited an Alfa dealer there and it was NIGHT & DAY from here....especially after reading some of the stories that have been posted here...
the Alfa museum is great, the last time I did a Euro delivery was for my M3 waaay back when, the WELT as it is today was not even there back then...
I did not see any QV's in the showroom, but did see many of the other models....and quite a few on the road.....
Regards
M

·
Registered
22 Posts
I took delivery on my 1987 Milano in Frankfurt along with a dozen other Alfa-club members from the U.S. This was April, 1986, about three months before the official introduction of the Milano in the U.S. Alfa Romeo chose Frankfurt over Arese because some labor disruptions at the factory. Though there was not much savings, we had our new Alfas and the chance to discover the full performance potential on highways with no speed limit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts