Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I'm about to pull the trigger on ones for the QV.

Reactions: Fripp64

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Any rubbing on driveways and turning? What tire setup do you have size?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Local friend put my spacers on...we did the 17mm in the front and 5mm in the rears...gives it a much better stance in my opinion

I noticed you put the 17 in the front and 5 in the rear. What was the reason for that ? Are the 17 too wide for rear ?

Pics look good..

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
159 Posts
I want to go 5 mm all around.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tony----We tried the recommended set up of 17mm rear and 5mm up front and then we switched it around and I thought it looked much better. The rears don't need much but the front were in dire need of being pushed out further. Just my preference.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Tony----We tried the recommended set up of 17mm rear and 5mm up front and then we switched it around and I thought it looked much better. The rears don't need much but the front were in dire need of being pushed out further. Just my preference.
How much is the car understeering now? Or are you not pushing it enough to notice?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
How much is the car understeering now? Or are you not pushing it enough to notice?
Spacers shouldn't effect the oversteer / understeer.

I put 19x9 on as a square setup. Got some track time and she felt very neutral and balanced.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks Fripp64 for the answer to my question. I also recently added the EC spacers and felt the front vs rear offsets were a bit strange. I agree the front looked like they could use some additional offset. I'm looking at leaving the front as they are, but putting 12mm on the back in place of the 17mm.

I think Racer Z probably has the ideal setup with 19x9 rims.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Spacers shouldn't effect the oversteer / understeer.

I put 19x9 on as a square setup. Got some track time and she felt very neutral and balanced.
Making track wider in front than rear might affect under/oversteer...making your car square setup has probably barely affected track widths difference since all wheels are larger than original setup...I am also thinking about going larger square like you..

Anyway, was just wondering if he felt any changes with 17 front/5 rear

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Making track wider in front than rear might affect under/oversteer...making your car square setup has probably barely affected track widths difference since all wheels are larger than original setup...I am also thinking about going larger square like you..

Anyway, was just wondering if he felt any changes with 17 front/5 rear
No issues at all with the car- I've been running DEs for over 16 years so I have some experience to rely on and I'm telling anyone that will listen that this Giulia is VERY well balanced with a steering feel I haven't experienced in more than a decade when BMW made some great steering/feeling cars.
This car is truly a home run!

J.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Spacers will effect steer if not balanced, or effect the same if balanced. On the Original Ferrari 348, one of it's main pitfalls apart from being an underpowered first gen OBD car, was the snap oversteer from a too narrow rear track. The later models (like mine) had 25mm "space" added to the rear wheel hubs to improve the track width and reduce snap oversteer. My OZ Superleggera IIIs while maybe not as highly "spaced" were wider and masterfully placed on the face of the rear curving bumper fender line so that a plump bob going up off the wheel face would intersect the fender lip right at the wheel arch top. In other words it was not possible to go any further out and still sit under the fender. Yes, debris would kick up onto the bumper more than before but it was a magnificent compromise after the Ferrari upgrade. The wheel/tire being wider also made up for the slight reduction in 25mm track "space." In fact it was probably only 5mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
And stock, but the "tuner stretch" on the OZs was pretty pronounced. And remember the wheel was wider than stock by about 1.5 inches at least. Tons of room on the inside lip. In fact I still have room with my 360 tires which are bigger still. Maybe a half inch more width left of fit on the inside rear rim.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
19x9 all around? Original or aftermarket rims? If aftermarket what is your offset and if you have pics? LOL! Talk about nosey.... just curious.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
19x9 all around? Original or aftermarket rims? If aftermarket what is your offset and if you have pics? LOL! Talk about nosey.... just curious.
19x9 OEM dark 5-hole, all around. This is the rear wheels from the Ti staggered set. I do not know the offset or back spacing. They fill out the wheel wells great. Looks pretty much the same as the pictures of Giulias with spacers. My option cost a lot more though.

Pictures and write can be found here -> https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/602-wheel-tires/13170-mounted-5-hole-19x9-all-four-corners.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts