Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hm, now on EC web-site no info about power on P1 and P2 :D
It's literally right there in the tech info, with an updated dyno rerunning P2 as well as adding a high flow cat..

·
Registered
32 Posts
bhvrdr that's exactly my point, it's not about outright numbers. I juiced up my N54 powered 535i to Cobb Stage 2+ with catless downpipes, massive intercooler, the whole 9 yards, and based on what similar setups were putting down I was in the neighborhood of 400 whp and over 450wtq. Granted that was a manual and weighed a decent bit more, but being that I used to own an Aprilia Tuono V4R, every car I've ever driven is underwhelming acceleration and noise wise, and you can chase power all you want, but a $15,000-$25,000 stock motorcycle will be more exhilarating (to me) and outright faster than any car you can buy off the showroom floor. Best bang for your buck that exists in my opinion. Everything is relative, especially to each individual.

I just discovered the AFE Momentum cold air intake and it retains stock location and the filter housing is fed by the same tube as stock. Is there merit to this design? Could it flow as much air as the V2 for a bit less money and cooler air? I have never liked the idea of naked filters in the engine bay at all and the V2 is indefinitely on backorder anyway. I would tend to lean towards the BMC filter and silicone MAF to turbo tube in order to retain stock functionality while increasing flow characteristics. Not interested in hearing the blowoff noise as it won't be anything close to the Tial Q on my old N54.

It's my understanding that auto start/stop can be defaulted to off and dynamic traction control can be configured into D mode with the P2 tune. This product goes beyond a mere '"tune" as it integrates with and interacts with the factory DNA settings, which I would love to enhance so that there is never confusion which mode you're in without looking. I wan't it to feel like 3 different cars altogether rather than like eating neapolitan ice cream. The only thing I want to sacrifice is dollars, and I'm especially interested in enhancing "feel." Just trying to figure out exactly what I should ultimately expect when planning out my mods.
“a $15,000-$25,000 stock motorcycle will be more exhilarating (to me) and outright faster than any car you can buy off the showroom floor”
I agree when I want some adrenaline I jump on my VFR or Fireblade when I want to haul a load I jump In my Sierra when I want a comfortable fun trip with the wife I jump in the new Giulia if I wanted a car to tinker with and double the power with tune and bolt ons I think it would be hard to beat a new civic , btw the wife loves the Giulia so much she wants to go check out the stelvio

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
@GokuQ2, Happy wife, happy life.

Reactions: GokuQ2

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
So 325 vs 290 is what I see here??
sounds realistic.
u r upset bc not 399!??
Understandable but....,
They originally made a big deal about being able to get 390HP out of the 2.0T with just a tune, intake, exhaust and 93 octane gas. Several people were (apparently correctly) concerned that this claim was grossly inflated, as the turbo charger of the 2.0T is not large enough to push enough air through this engine to make that much power.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
They originally made a big deal about being able to get 390HP out of the 2.0T with just a tune, intake, exhaust and 93 octane gas. Several people were (apparently correctly) concerned that this claim was grossly inflated, as the turbo charger of the 2.0T is not large enough to push enough air through this engine to make that much power.
you are correct. I think the misinformation was that EC ran a hybrid turbo and that was never reported by them. I recall reading a thread that they had an in house car with hybrid set up. Even then that 390 number is suspect but not impossible in negative DA, mustang dyno, STD vs SAE conversions. Idk. Unless they altered the fuel system. Still a reach for BHP. That would put whp in the 330-340 range and we would see big numbers from an awd 2.0 with that power. Low 12s @ 112-114mph and most certainly under 4s 0-60. And still no real clarification from EC so at this point I guess it is what it is.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Agreed, cannot always trust or believe some claims. Question though, did you feel an overall benefit with the tune notmso much in pure hp but as for enhanced drivability and pleasure?

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Agreed, cannot always trust or believe some claims. Question though, did you feel an overall benefit with the tune notmso much in pure hp but as for enhanced drivability and pleasure?
The car seems faster with the P2 tune to me, mostly judging by how well it digs its way out of a turn.
Giulia nannies cause so serious responsiveness issues that the tune does not address. The car can be very hard to convince that when you stomp the accelerator from a standing start it means "go now", not "go with a 1-3 second delay, the amount of delay being apparently random.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Haha...., computers in charge!!!!
May I suggest throttle/pedal commander..,
Yet there is always a delay!!
I guess I will just need to experience EC II for myself.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I like EC P2, as you may have seen. Here's the drivability high points:

• Accelerator Pedal response improved (I have disabled my pedal controller because it's redundant to the changes)
  • Big improvement in Torque beginning at about 1800 RPM through 4000
  • in dual mode phase 1 is programmed for N DNA mode while phase 2 is programmed for D mode. Significant improvements for both, where drivability in natural mode is about equal to dynamic mode on a stock car.
  • shifts in N and D seem quicker and bark with attitude in Dynamic

i'm experiencing the contrast between stock ECU and EC Dual mode, having just removed the programming and set it back to factory to troubleshoot some potential issues with a fuel injector misfiring. immediately noticed the less aggressive throttle response and certainly noticed a reduction in torque and horsepower.

oh yeah, also missing pops and bangs and the programming to disable auto start stop by default after return to stock maps.

Reactions: AlfaAndy
61 - 72 of 72 Posts