Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay guys, here is my review of 390HP Phase 2 tuning from EC.

I have K&N Air filter and exhaust from QV with opened flaps.
As I have friends who tune other cars in Minsk, I can rent for an few hour dyno bench for free.

This video shows which file i loaded few weeks ago. In short - Phase 2 tune from EC with pops and removed rev limiter on parking or neutral gear.

I turn on dyno\roll bench mode in ABS module when my friend tie car to the bench

Ready to rock. All measurements was made on Phase 2 tune file from EC and on 6th gear to simulate "road" load.

Here is results. We made 5 dyno runs. One by one. Without stop. Here is 3 for example.

Now, I load original file.

Process started.
29 мая 2020 г.

Almost done.
29 мая 2020 г.

And finally done. As you could see - no pops and rev limiter on parking or neutral gear. Proof of original flash.
29 мая 2020 г.

I made only 2 dyno runs with stock result. I repeat, I install K&N air filter and exhaust from QV with opened flaps. I got 290HP on original flash.
And here is results compared with best EC Phase 2 result:

This is mine first graph with completely stock car (stock air filter and stock exhaust)

As EC ignore me and doesnt wont to solve my issue, only tell me about wrecked car and bad 98\100RON fuel.

I'm asking for money back. Because this is not 390HP on Phase 2. And this is power from crank, not wheels. Only small pops for 1300USD.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thats pretty darn close to stock results. Hopefully ec can help you understand why you clearly were able to flash their tune since you know it flashed by having p&b and increased rev limiters but are not getting performance.

They doesn’t want help me. Toby offer me sold my device to somebody and forget about EC

·
Registered
22 Posts
I remember a lot of conversation about the fact that the 2.0 really can't push past 350ish due to basic maths. Such as the injector size and the hair dryer. There is a few brave souls stacking piggyback on top ec to increase the boost pressure . Yes that will make more power and running an engine at the bleeding edge of lean will make the most power but how long do you think this can keep it together.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
@SniZ . I understand you got some negative press from others on the forum but I respect the fact that you are posting data for all to see and are being transparent. Have you done a dragy run to check 1/8th, 1/4 miles and 0-130mph? That also provide another perspective along with the virtualdyno that @Dr.dre suggested. 310HP seems more like what most EU tuners are getting. Celtic Tuning in UK got 325 bhp (330hp) safely and I can vouch for it on my previous 2.0 I just sold. No errors, no issues and it was all there. The graph that you see on their website is from a friend's 2.0 280hp Veloce as they used his car on their dyno for developing the tune. What I aslo fail to fathom is how they are getting a 30 HP gain by just using an open flowing filter and an exhaust. It defies physics and I am a mechanical engineer. I am not saying they are hiding something just that some clarity would be useful. In all my years of tuning cars I am yet to see any more than a 10hp gain (if that) with just an exhaust and air filter upgrade. Yes the V2 intake tube is smoother aiding laminar flow but the stock tube is not like some rough and turbulent design. The improvement in fluid dynamics is marginal. I can probably calculate if I could model it. Having said that they may be getting it somehow and I am open to changing my mind. But 390hp on this stock system seems a bit far fetched when not one single tuner in Europe who have been working on Alfas and Fiat engines for many years or anywhere have been able to get close to that kind of power. Their understanding of the W2A intercooler design and the need to cut one open to understand how the fluid transfer occurs has also cast doubts in my mind.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Following.

·
Registered
123 Posts
As found out on vendor discussion area, Sniz has Race mode modification in his car and thus N Mode map is always use in use regardless of DNA switch position. Assuming he has EC P2 tune on Dynamic and N mode has no EC map, he is actually having no tune in his car at all.

Unless Sniz makes his review again with EC Phase 2 tune actually in use, the review should be ignored.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
As found out on vendor discussion area, Sniz has Race mode modification in his car and thus N Mode map is always use in use regardless of DNA switch position. Assuming he has EC P2 tune on Dynamic and N mode has no EC map, he is actually having no tune in his car at all.

Unless Sniz makes his review again with EC Phase 2 tune actually in use, the review should be ignored.
Good point about the Race mode switch install and its effect. However, how do you explain the pops and bangs you can clearly hear in the video he posted after loading P2 tune?? In that instance he will have N mode with no tune in all DNA modes which means he will also NOT get pops and bangs. It makes no sense. It will be good if @SniZ just disables the DNA race mode via MES and put the switch selector back to normal. That will clear all doubts.

·
Banned
52 Posts
@Triumph23 sniz is using a real dynamometer not virtual. I was saying i verify with vd due to not having access to real dyno. But he used a real dyno for these runs he posted, and like you I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Good point about the Race mode switch install and its effect. However, how do you explain the pops and bangs you can clearly hear in the video he posted after loading P2 tune?? In that instance he will have N mode with no tune in all DNA modes which means he will also NOT get pops and bangs. It makes no sense. It will be good if @SniZ just disables the DNA race mode via MES and put the switch selector back to normal. That will clear all doubts.
Apparently the add 9ns can translate to other modes im pretty sure ive seen posted before even though the tune performance doesnt

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Apparently the add 9ns can translate to other modes im pretty sure ive seen posted before even though the tune performance doesnt
In that case the best thing for @SniZ to do it revert the DNA selector to stock selection without race mode using MES and then test on the dyno and see what it produces.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,386 Posts
Pops and bangs is a global mod, it can't be turned off.

·
Banned
52 Posts
Fair enough. How do you suggest he does that? Also, doesnt ec put ph1 in N and ph2 in D as a matter of practice when you get their tune? So he should be running at least N map, assumedly ph1, agree or disagree?

How do you explain @kozak results? Does he have race mod on his DNA selector too?

How about @cloudy dyno numbers?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Fair enough. How do you suggest he does that? Also, doesnt ec put ph1 in N and ph2 in D as a matter of practice when you get their tune? So he should be running at least N map, assumedly ph1, agree or disagree?

How do you explain @kozak results? Does he have race mod on his DNA selector too?

How about @cloudy dyno numbers?
Theres still not 390hp. Even the 40-100mph posted by ec themselves is .8 seconds slower than my car which makes around 310hp but the folks running the race mod still should remove tgat coding bc i suspect theyll pick up a good 20hp or so assuming they were running dual map which is phase 1 in N mode or theyll pick up a good 30hp if they had no remap in N mode

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Theres still not 390hp. Even the 40-100mph posted by ec themselves is .8 seconds slower than my car which makes around 310hp but the folks running the race mod still should remove tgat coding bc i suspect theyll pick up a good 20hp or so assuming they were running dual map which is phase 1 in N mode or theyll pick up a good 30hp if they had no remap in N mode
Their P2 makes 313 WHP. Let's use wheel, not crank hp.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Their P2 makes 313 WHP. Let's use wheel, not crank hp.
Correction ... their p2 supposedly made 313whp on their dyno on that day at thhat time under those dyno programming and calibration variables.

The problem with whp is you can only compare it to other data from that same dyno sesssion. Nothing else.

Crank hp is corrected and standardized so it can be compared.

Whp on the other hand varies DRAMATICALLY from dyno to dyno and based on both programming and calibrations of dyno.

I can literally get the same dyno to spit out 200whp or 600whp on the same car on the same session.

That said the p2 is advertised as picking up over 80whp over stock. We all know thats completely ridiculous and not supported by acceleration data or data logs

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry guys, today I was busy and doesnt visit dyno bench.

And few days ago, when guys told me about RACE mode and NORMAL mode of ECU, I wrote back regular DNA settings, RACE mode anymore doesnt work and I feel no difference between previous power when RACE mode was enabled.

Later - visit of dyno bench

And one remark - all our dyno show HP from engine. Wheel HP would be less than engine. But I will ask dyno bench owner how to convert to WHP

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Sorry guys, today I was busy and doesnt visit dyno bench.

And few days ago, when guys told me about RACE mode and NORMAL mode of ECU, I wrote back regular DNA settings, RACE mode anymore doesnt work and I feel no difference between previous power when RACE mode was enabled.

Later - visit of dyno bench

And one remark - all our dyno show HP from engine. Wheel HP would be less than engine. But I will ask dyno bench owner how to convert to WHP
If you can get dragy acceleration data it will show more than a dyno anyways.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts