Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1249 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

We are pleased to finally announce that Phase 2 is officially ready for the Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0L EURO+DRIVE tuning system.

This is a simple map upgrade via your EURO+DRIVE handheld. Giulia users will fill out the tune request form found on the online portal and submit this form to their folders to receive Phase 2 mapping (please allow 48 hours of processing on our end).

Additional features released with this Phase 2 upgrade include:

- Dynamic Traction Control (In Dynamic Mode)
- Raised Rev Limiter/Speed Limiter
- Pops & Bangs
- Dual Map Mode
- Catless Downpipe / High Flow Cat Optimization (Coming Soon/In Development)

These features can also be utilized on Phase 1 (for those that do not plan to upgrade to P2 at this time).

Notes on some of these additional features:

- DYNAMIC TRACTION CONTROL -
This feature is largely controlled by torque demand, and the settings in Dynamic Mode. What this means? The factory safety settings for loose road conditions detection, etc, will remain intact. When in Dynamic mode and driving in a spirited part-throttle or wide-open-throttle manner, the TCS system will not interfere or interrupt throttle position, torque request, or other associated requested performance commands. This allows for increased acceleration from a stop or rolling speed (massive difference as opposed to not enabling dynamic traction), burn outs, brake boosting, fish tailing, left foot braking, etc. This is compatible with both diff setups, RWD, and AWD equipped vehicles.

Personal note: I would encourage those who may think that they cannot handle this setting to think again. It does not affect the normal driving or conditions you engage in 90% of the time, and you will be missing out on P2 performance and enjoyment in Dynamic mode without it. This is a pure, sport traction setting, and in my opinion, one the car should have come with from the beginning.

- POPS & BANGS -
This is an additional charge, and can be purchased on the website. Please watch our video below before purchasing or using this feature:

- DUAL MAP MODE -
Via programming, the DNA switch can be changed to run a selected map in a specified mode. Our Phase 1 map will be placed in Natural, while Phase 2 remains in Dynamic. A mode will be the same as it is with the current Phase 1. At this time, the dual map option is only available with the Phase 2 map, and only in this configuration. When testing, Phase 2 did not run quite as aggressively in Natural mode as it did in Dynamic. It did not feel as if the map switching convenience offered by the DNA system was being utilized to it's potential. As we release more mapping options later on, this will change.

This option effectively removes the existing Natural mode. If you do not select this option, N and A modes will remain the same as they currently are configured on our Phase 1 map.

-------

DYNO TESTING INFORMATION: CLICK HERE

TECHNICAL INFORMATION: CLICK HERE

PRODUCT INFORMATION: CLICK HERE

TUNE REQUIREMENTS: CLICK HERE

PURCHASE THE POPS & BANGS ADD ON: CLICK HERE

For supplemental information (and questions we may have already answered):

https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/802-vendor-deals/40996-euro-drive-phase-2-development-thread.html

https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/802-vendor-deals/29865-euro-drive-alfa-romeo-giulia-2-0l-tuning-official-thread.html

Please allow 24-48 business hours for tune file processing. We will have the tune request form and the pops and bangs add on available this evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just to Confirm:

1. We aren't getting launch control on the Giulia?

2. Does the Add-On fee only apply to people who want Pops and Bangs?

3. Am I cool to pay for the Add-On fee right now (aka are you gonna hook it up with a "Forum Users Intro Discount " code like you always do)?

Reactions: CEGIZIO

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
F N A !

"This is a pure, sport traction setting, and in my opinion, one the car should have come with from the beginning."

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just to Confirm:

1. We aren't getting launch control on the Giulia?

2. Does the Add-On fee only apply to people who want Pops and Bangs?

3. Am I cool to pay for the Add-On fee right now (aka are you gonna hook it up with a "Forum Users Intro Discount " code like you always do)?
Launch control already exists, though it's kind of a hidden feature that the manual doesn't talk about. Hold the brake all the way down, then push the throttle all the way down. The car will engage launch control and hold a certain RPM (about 3500 or so). Release the brake and off you go!

It's notably different than brake-standing in a car with no launch control at all

·
Registered
611 Posts
Launch control already exists, though it's kind of a hidden feature that the manual doesn't talk about. Hold the brake all the way down, then push the throttle all the way down. The car will engage launch control and hold a certain RPM (about 3500 or so). Release the brake and off you go!

It's notably different than brake-standing in a car with no launch control at all
3,500 is the rev limiter and not to be mistaken with launch control. This is simply a break torque. I can't find the post now but the I believe the optimal break torque rev. for a 2.0 is 2,500 rpm.

Now regarding where this tuner request form will be, keep refreshing the link below. Looking at other cars, it's literally listed on the Tune listing. Example pick below.

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/alfa-romeo-giulia-engine/products/euro-drive-tuning-system-alfa-romeo-giulia-2-0l

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
- No active launch control at this time. Something like that will take more work to figure out (if it's even doable in the normal sense of launch control)

- The pops and bangs add on only applies to those who want pops and bangs. To Purchase: https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/latest-alfa-romeo-giulia-product-arrivals/products/euro-drive-add-ons-alfa-romeo-giulia-stelvio-2-0l
(OR the link can be found on the product page for the Giulia/Stelvio)

- The tune request form will be a new form, and can be found in the instructions folder for the Giulia on the portal. I will put it there this evening.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Stop/start disabled by default?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly, the U76 updates have made changes to the stop/start parameters, and it became so un-intrusive afterwards (much different than before) that I just decided to leave it alone.
Just purchased the pops and bangs. On the tune request form will I need to supply the confirmation number or will you know once they’ve been purchased?

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Just purchased the pops and bangs. On the tune request form will I need to supply the confirmation number or will you know once they’ve been purchased?
That is taken care of on the back-end. No confirmation needed.

Reactions: mtb.ck and Scott555

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Requirements list cat-back exhaust and upgraded intake. What are the implications/ramifications for running P2 with stock exhaust (2017 Ti with EC v2 intake)?

Thx, S

·
Registered
143 Posts
That is taken care of on the back-end. No confirmation needed.
Great. Thanks Chris.
Request form is on the portal now if anyone didnt get the email about the sharefile

If I want P2 separately or to add pops and bangs to P1 but also want dual maps, do I select all three or do I simply select dual map and click the options and those options will be put on both p1 and p2?

Thanks so much.

1 - 20 of 1249 Posts