Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

The EURO+DRIVE® Pedal Pro is an electronic throttle control module that allows powerful end user customization and pedal response tuning done easily on the fly. The Pedal Pro's sleek and compact design offers easy installation and discreet use with a simple to use interface. 3 modes, 17 different settings, and multiple features such as anti-theft mode, full throttle launch, and snow mode.
The EURO+DRIVE Pedal Pro is made to be compatible with all EURO+DRIVE Flash tuning and is programmed not to interfere with full throttle tuning parameters and trims at full load.

FEATURES:

• 3 Modes, 17 Settings
  • Sleek Compact Design
  • Full Throttle Launch / Snow / Anti-theft Modes
  • Simple Installation/Removal - Completely Plug & Play
  • 3X 1000/sec Micro-processors
  • Mimics ECU Throttle Signal
  • Prevents Signal Input Overload
  • Suitable for Stock to Heavily Modified Vehicles
  • Fully Compatible with ALL Euro+Drive® Calibrations/Products

APPLICATIONS:

• (ALL) ALFA ROMEO GIULIA
  • (ALL) ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO
  • (ALL) ALFA ROMEO STELVIO
  • (ALL) ALFA ROMEO STELVIO QUADRIFOGLIO
  • (ALL) ALFA ROMEO 4C

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: HERE

TECHNICAL INFORMATION: HERE

PRICE: $279.99

WEBSITE: https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/alfa-romeo-giulia-engine/products/euro-drive-pedal-pro-alfa-romeo-applications

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think people will really like this device. It improves the pedal delay these cars have and it's highly adjustable. The extra modes are fun too, we have installed this on all our cars, and it makes them much more enjoyable.

Greg

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm curious at how it works. Is it a signal booster that multiplies my throttle input by x amount?
I don't have time to write a complete answer at the moment. It's not quite as simple as multiplying the throttle signal by x amount because that would result in full throttle at some pedal position less than fully down. I'll give a more complete answer later :)

Greg

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
And the Sprint Booster? :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
OK, I'll get to these questions one at a time :)
@Il_Conte :

The device works by altering the pedal signal which results in an altered signal going to the throttle itself. In the case of the power modes, that means that at say, 10% pedal travel, the throttle will open an amount greater than normal and it will do it faster. For the purpose of discussion say it opens it an amount equal to what would normally be 12% of pedal travel. It may open more or less for a give amount of pedal travel depending on where you set the controller. There are 9 power settings. Of course at some point it needs to decrease sensitivity so that 100% pedal equals max throttle. So in the upper ranges of travel the pedal become less sensitive and more precise.

From a performance driving perspective, these characteristics are usually desirable. It makes the car seem more spirited down low and it's easier to accurately move the throttle during high speed cornering.

Ultimately, the point is that this device enables you to set the throttle sensitivity the way you want it. There is no need to be stuck with the setting the factory thought would be the best compromise for everyone.

Moving on, we have the "economy" mode, which works in exactly the opposite way, but there are only 7 settings in this mode. Then there are the special modes like FTL, Snow, and Anti-Theft.

Greg

·
Registered
580 Posts
How does this position against the Madness product? Thanks!
And the Sprint Booster? :)
These are both valid questions.

I want to start by saying that while we at EC have been on the forefront performance mods since Alfa and Fiat came back to the US, we are definitely late to the party as far as throttle controllers go. We know that, and in order to compete we had to make something better than the other guys and do it at a competitive price. I think if you compare the various throttle controllers on the market for this car you will find that ours is the best one.

Our control module is physically small, and elegant in appearance. It looks right at home in the Giulia's interior. We have pictures of it installed, and you can see it in the video Chris posted in this thread. If you haven't seen the video, please watch it. Toby put it into various modes in the video so you can see how easy this thing is to use.

Our controller has many settings, not just three. It has a total of 17! There are 9 in power mode, 1 in Normal, and 7 in Eco mode. With that amount, I think anybody will be able to find a setting that's just right for them.

Our controller is incredibly easy to use, and it's obvious at a quick glance what mode it's in, and what setting it's on.

We have modes the other guys don't have and we have all the modes they do have. For example:

Snow Mode: By pressing the up and down arrow at the same time (which is easy to do with one finger) the module enters snow mode. You can do this by feel, without looking at it. Once in snow mode, a snow symbol appears on the control module and sensitivity is turned down to make driving on a slippery surface a little easier. When you want to go back to where it was, press any button, and it's back to where it was. (in my case I normally run in Power 2, so that's what it goes back to). It's nice that you can go in and out of this mode with ease, no need to scroll through the settings.

FTL Mode: This is full throttle launch. When this mode is armed, when you touch the throttle it will go to full throttle faster than would be humanly possible. In other words, it eliminates the time it takes your foot to reach the floor and the time it takes the pedal to send the signal. Release the pedal to return the engine to idle, and press any button on the control module to disarm.

Anti-Theft Mode: This disables the throttle and keeps the engine at idle. This is useful if you are letting your car warm up while you drink coffee and don't want an unauthorized person driving off in it.

Valet Mode: We don't have a specific mode called Valet mode, but Eco mode at setting 7 does the same thing as the other guys Valet mode.

We have other optional modes which are installed in the device but don't have names yet. They are highly flexible, and I'll discuss them in another post.

Greg

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks Greg! If in anti theft mode, is there a password or other way to avoid it being defeated? Also, being worried about voiding a warranty, is the controller/display removable? Thanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks Greg! If in anti theft mode, is there a password or other way to avoid it being defeated? Also, being worried about voiding a warranty, is the controller/display removable? Thanks!
The Anti-Theft mode isn't going to stop a career criminal intent on stealing your car. However it will likely stop someone from hopping in your car and taking off in it while you sit in your house letting it warm up outside. In other words, it will probably stop a thief who is looking for a quick target of opportunity, but against someone who steals cars for a living, I doubt it.

Is there a password, no, but there is a secret you would have to know to unlock it.

Greg

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The device works by altering the pedal signal which results in an altered signal going to the throttle itself. In the case of the power modes, that means that at say, 10% pedal travel, the throttle will open an amount greater than normal and it will do it faster. For the purpose of discussion say it opens it an amount equal to what would normally be 12% of pedal travel. It may open more or less for a give amount of pedal travel depending on where you set the controller. There are 9 power settings. Of course at some point it needs to decrease sensitivity so that 100% pedal equals max throttle. So in the upper ranges of travel the pedal become less sensitive and more precise.

From a performance driving perspective, these characteristics are usually desirable. It makes the car seem more spirited down low and it's easier to accurately move the throttle during high speed cornering.
Nice! The current problem of the accelerator is mostly in the first third of the travel, where very little happens. I like the variable multiplier.
Will add to the wishlist

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2.0L Ti Q$ and have noticed that on a non-brake-stand launch the lag is pretty significant. In fact, it's to the point that my wife notices it and has commented by referring to it as 'turbo lag'. In your marketing for the module you refer a couple of time to 'throttle lag'. Is this the case or is it truly turbo lag (which makes sense given the single turbo). Does this module reduce or eliminate that lag? Other than that one scenario, I can't really say that I am wanting for anything in D mode, however 'you never know until you try'. If it did add some sort of 'launch control', I wouldn't hesitate to purchase right now.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Also, being worried about voiding a warranty, is the controller/display removable? Thanks!
I missed this question earlier.

It won't effect the warranty, however if you are worried about a dishonest or just plain stupid dealer tech using this as an excuse not to perform service, then yes, it's easily removable. I really don't see problem techs too often in the Fiat/Alfa world, many dealers even install our products right off the showroom floor. Even the former head of the SRT division runs our tune on his car!

Greg

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a 2.0L Ti Q$ and have noticed that on a non-brake-stand launch the lag is pretty significant. In fact, it's to the point that my wife notices it and has commented by referring to it as 'turbo lag'. In your marketing for the module you refer a couple of time to 'throttle lag'. Is this the case or is it truly turbo lag (which makes sense given the single turbo). Does this module reduce or eliminate that lag? Other than that one scenario, I can't really say that I am wanting for anything in D mode, however 'you never know until you try'. If it did add some sort of 'launch control', I wouldn't hesitate to purchase right now.
By design these turbos are mechanically able to get into boost at a fairly low RPM. The lag noticed with these cars is software driven to reduce wheel spin.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'll add to what Chris said.

I have a 2.0L Ti Q$ and have noticed that on a non-brake-stand launch the lag is pretty significant. In fact, it's to the point that my wife notices it and has commented by referring to it as 'turbo lag'. In your marketing for the module you refer a couple of time to 'throttle lag'. Is this the case or is it truly turbo lag (which makes sense given the single turbo). Does this module reduce or eliminate that lag?
The throttle controller will improve the response. However, I find that when people mention turbo lag, they don't really mean turbo lag. They are usually either talking about power in the rpm range below the boost threshold which is the low rpm range where the turbo just doesn't have enough exhaust flow to spin up. Or they are talking about the sluggish response of the stock throttle mapping.

This product takes care of that throttle mapping problem. I tend to think that you and your wife will find that this reduces what you are considering lag.

Other than that one scenario, I can't really say that I am wanting for anything in D mode, however 'you never know until you try'. If it did add some sort of 'launch control', I wouldn't hesitate to purchase right now.
The product DOES have a sort of launch control. It has the FTL mode (full throttle launch). We don't call it launch control because we already have a product called launch control for the manual transmission cars. This is about as close to that as you can get with an automatic transmission.

Greg

·
Registered
159 Posts
Quick question, how does this install; intercepts the throttle signal off the pedal?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Quick question, how does this install; intercepts the throttle signal off the pedal?
Hi Dan,

We will have the installation instructions up soon. It plugs in down at the pedal and at the OBD2 port. Alternatively you can avoid plugging into the OBD2 port by connecting to another source of 12v and ground. The instructions will show exactly how to do that without cutting any wiring. In short, it's quite easy to install, or remove.

Greg

1 - 20 of 104 Posts