Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

The EURO+DRIVE® CLONE Tuning System allows you to physically swap calibrations on your Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. Using genuine OEM Alfa Romeo based software, protocols and calibrations, we have increased drive-ability, power and throttle response. We are proud to have the ability to offer you the most comprehensive tuning option for your Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. Each purchase includes (2) Genuine Alfa Romeo Engine Control Units (If Clone is selected) loaded with our calibration. Designed and developed in North America. Available for worldwide vehicles, including Europe, Australia and Japan markets.

The EURO+DRIVE® DIRECT Tuning System is an economical solution in loading calibrations on your Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. Using genuine OEM Fiat/Abarth based software, protocols and calibrations, we have increased drive-ability, power and throttle response. We are proud to have the ability to offer you the most comprehensive tuning option for your Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. Each purchase includes our calibration loaded onto YOUR Engine control Module. Designed and developed in North America. Available for worldwide vehicles, including Europe, Australian and Japan markets.

FEATURES:

• Designed on the North American Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
  • Available for European, Australian and Japanese Vehicles
  • Use of Genuine OEM Software,Maps and Protocols
  • Preserves factory ECU/WARRANTY (if CLONE is selected)
  • Calibrations will Optimize power, drive-ability, and efficiency
  • Unparalleled consistent, linear, & smooth power delivery
  • Calibrations will retain OEM tuning logic and ALL safety parameters
  • All factory hardware works properly/efficiently
  • Full control over all engine parameters by utilizing true factory Calibrations
  • Specially requested Calibrations available (additional fees may apply)
  • 91oct minimum fuel requirement
  • Strong, Reliable power where and when you need it

POWER SPECIFICATIONS:

595+BHP PHASE 1 CALIBRATION
599+BHP W/ SPRINT FILTER UPGRADE
613+BHP W/ SPRINT FILTER UPGRADE & EXHAUST

APPLICATIONS: (ALL) Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio 2.9L - RELEASED/AVAILABLE

TECHNICAL INFORMATION: HERE

PRICE: $2199(Direct) -$4199(Clone/New Dual ECMs)

MORE INFO: https://shopeurocompulsion.net/coll...ing-clone-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-2-9l

Synopsis/Testing/Development

This tune has been in development since April of 2017, and has accumulated more than 6,000 miles in road durability testing, as well as countless more miles in dyno testing throughout our revisions. Safety and longevity for the 2.9L engine was paramount. Our objective was to squeeze as much as possible out of the turbos and engines without sacrificing mechanical reliability, thus rigorous testing was necessary.

Throughout the testing and development process, the use of a steady state mode on our dyno allowed us to monitor turbo speeds and catalyst temps, both with the factory exhaust system and with an aftermarket cat-back setup. Even at max power, our catalyst temps remained within safe margins, and even decreased when tuning on the cat-back exhaust configuration.

We also tested with and without an upgraded filter media, which yielded solid results and increased flow on our more aggressive calibration revisions.

The function of the DNA mode switch is still relevant with the Phase 1 tune calibration, but the modes themselves have been altered or improved. A mode is largely the same as the factory programming, but with a more linear powerband and smoother driving characteristics. Other parameters have been altered to increase fuel economy in this mode.

Natural mode is slightly more aggressive than the factory tuning, but with mild touches for cruising or relaxed driving. Dynamic mode and Race mode are where majority of the tune changes lie, with Dynamic mode much more aggressive, and Race mode even more so. Torque vectoring across the powerband has been changed to delivery more pull to redline before shifts, and more aggressive downshifts in Race mode, optimizing pick up points in the rpm range for maximum power instead of falling to a lower rpm. The partnership between engine and transmission has also, allowing for quicker shifts and crisp response both in Auto mode and when using the paddle shifters.

We tested on 3 different vehicles, all US Spec Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglios with the Automatic transmission. Tuning was tested on both 91 and 93 octane. Dyno testing was conducted on an HLS 4WD linked setup, with hydraulic systems maintaining both the front and rear axle speeds. This type of setup is vital to achieving accurate and consistent power runs on the QV.

The vehicle was tested in various configurations:

-Stock

-Stock with tuning software only

-Stock with Filter upgrade

-Stock with exhaust upgrade

-Tuning software optimized for the addition of the filter upgrade and exhaust

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
This is so exciting and I don't even own a Quad! Congrats on getting this clone into production, finally.

I went this route on my 4C, the EC Clone. I can't speak about the Quad as I don't own one, but swapping the (single) ECU on my 4C takes all of five minutes. I swap the ECU before going to the dealer and then again right after returning home again. The dealer does, at times, apply software updates that could wipe the ECU returning it to OEM values.

I can hardly wait to hear from the end users about the (expected) transformation this unit provides. In a single sentence, "This how the 4C should have been delivered!" I'm expecting you Quadrifoglio owners to have the same exciting results.

·
Registered
619 Posts
please explain the clone element and the pricing. on the web site it has the $4k item crossed out. what is the price to buy the entire set up in order to avoid a warranty issue? how much is the projection to install, uninstall and re-install?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sounds well developed your tune.
I have one question: Did you change the shifting software for the shifting timings etc. and is this controlled by the ECU as well or do one have to rewrite the transmission ecu as well?
This is one point I am missing of most tuners (in the BMW department many flash the shifting program of Alpina or the M4GTS on the transmission when upgrading power because they fit much better)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
please explain the clone element and the pricing. on the web site it has the $4k item crossed out. what is the price to buy the entire set up in order to avoid a warranty issue? how much is the projection to install, uninstall and re-install?

The Clone option which includes (2) New OEM ECMs is $4199.99 (select the drop down type to clone). This option physically replaces your original ECUs and allows you to retain your factory warranty. You would replace your factory ECMs into the car for warranty work/service. To install/re-install take about 45min -1.5hrs depending on the skill level of the technician.

Unfortunately this is the only way at this time and the foreseeable future to apply a calibration to the car.

Our pricing for both the clone and direct options are extremely competitive compared to other options out there.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lovely video btw. I think that may be cj's qv...looks great with the technicos!!!
Thanks for the kind words, we worked hard putting that together. :grin2:

That is our in-house Quadrifoglio, we invest fully into vehicles and platforms we create calibrations for.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds well developed your tune.
I have one question: Did you change the shifting software for the shifting timings etc. and is this controlled by the ECU as well or do one have to rewrite the transmission ecu as well?
This is one point I am missing of most tuners (in the BMW department many flash the shifting program of Alpina or the M4GTS on the transmission when upgrading power because they fit much better)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Thank you, we spent a good amount of resources and time developing this calibration. There is a bit of new technology in this drive-train and we wanted to make sure we understood its tolerances/limitations before making it publicly available.

We have made changes to certain parameters that influence shift points and other drive-ability aspects, the car actual is fairly adaptive in regards to learning and utilizing the proper shift points with the increased power, tip-in and drive modes. After the first few times you drive the car you will notice a change in shift points. I never felt that it feels out of place or in the wrong gear for a said throttle request. So in short we did not need to make any changes directly to the TCM (Transmission control module) but made changes to influence them via the ECM.

Reactions: compert

·
Registered
580 Posts
Edited, saw uncorrected WHP numbers. Awesome. Also I know you were looking into a specific Dyno mode for the Alfa, any progress on how to get the Alfa on a normal dyno. Either way amazing work!
The QV really has to be tuned on a dyno with hydraulically linked and synchronized rollers, so that's the way we did it. It's the only way we can be sure that the car will perform the same way on an actual road. If we went the other direction and tried to create a tune with a specific mode specific for an older-tech dyno, then it wouldn't be the same tune that it actually runs on the real road and thus wouldn't be representative of the actual usable product.

I suppose the bottom line is that, yes, we could tune for an older dyno, but we just don't think it's a worthwhile use of our time. We are more concerned with the real world. The reality is that time marches on. I can't use my dwell meter on this car either, new car, new technology, new tools are needed for tuning it.

Greg

·
Registered
473 Posts
The answer would depend on the vehicle speed. At very low speeds where it's traction limited, then no. Once it's moving fast enough so that the tires don't burn rubber, then yes.

Greg
I am only concerned about the first 1/2 second of acceleration when starting out from a dead stop. I can't even get a mild head snap out of my QV, and it doesn't get any better in race mode.

Even the Lincoln Mercury loaner car that the dealer gave me could at least give me a nice little head snap when starting out at a green light, but not with my $80,000 Alfa Romero.

Interestingly, the only time that it comes even close to giving me a head snap is when the engine is cold and it is still warming up. In that situation the car actually does feel kind of snappy when starting out from a stop. But once it's warmed up it can't even pull the hat off of my head when starting from zero mph. Even a Ford F150 pickup can beat my QV off the line during the first few feet of a launch.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am only concerned about the first 1/2 second of acceleration when starting out from a dead stop. I can't even get a mild head snap out of my QV, and it doesn't get any better in race mode.

Even the Lincoln Mercury loaner car that the dealer gave me could at least give me a nice little head snap when starting out at a green light, but not with my $80,000 Alfa Romero.

Interestingly, the only time that it comes even close to giving me a head snap is when the engine is cold and it is still warming up. In that situation the car actually does feel kind of snappy when starting out from a stop. But once it's warmed up it can't even pull the hat off of my head when starting from zero mph. Even a Ford F150 pickup can beat my QV off the line during the first few feet of a launch.
I'll let Chris chime in with more on the response in the initial 3 DNA modes, as he has a lot more seat time and real world experience on the tune (daily driving and spirited).

I have racked up seat time in Race mode however, and there's definitely head snapping. For sure, it's better from a stop, and at a 10-15mph roll, it will throw you back.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I doubt any tune can alter the simple reality that until a turbocharger is providing meaningful boost, a turbocharged engine has a low compression ratio, lower than most economy cars, so will function like one until the boost provided crosses a threshold.
this is why many prefer a normally aspirated engine, and why fuel economy standards force manufacturers to use turbos.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I doubt any tune can alter the simple reality that until a turbocharger is providing meaningful boost, a turbocharged engine has a low compression ratio, lower than most economy cars, so will function like one until the boost provided crosses a threshold.
this is why many prefer a normally aspirated engine, and why fuel economy standards force manufacturers to use turbos.
Lack of boost from the turbo chargers is not the reason for my QV having a lackluster launch from 0 miles per hour. The engine has plenty of torque down low for a decent lunch, but the computer is not allowing the engine to deliver all of that torque. The first half second of a launch from 0 mph is highly computer-controlled, and it does not matter if you push the gas pedal deep or only a little bit, that first a second will be exactly the same.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Any new 0-60 times or quarter mile stats reported yet? (yes I understand acceleration is only one aspect of the software) thanks!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
there is no load at / from a standstill, so very little exhaust pressure when you initially step on the gas - unless you also step on the brake to make the engine work.
you can get one of those pedal changers or tune it all you want, but without something like volvo's low speed supercharger, or a much smaller turbo, etc, you aren't going to be able to change the fundamentals.
heck, if you are in A mode you are sitting at a stop light with a low compression small displacement 3 cylinder engine designed to save fuel - and it might not even be running.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts