Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1454 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
Please help! Trying to update the unit as per instructions and I keep getting a "webservice call (functionABLMYG8) [1492]" Error. I thought it was a firewall issue so I turned that off to with no luck.
Please email EC, that's your best bet. Maybe there was server maintenance.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I did i was just hoping someone here had the same issue and could help me today since they probably won't get back to me until Monday
Any web service error like this usually means that Dimsport is working on their server, or has an update upload in progress. Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do on our end except to run you through the basics:

• Make sure you have internet connection
  • Firewall is off
  • Restart the client
  • Uninstall the client and reinstall

·
Registered
289 Posts
Also, your emails keep getting returned to me (not sure why).

Here is what I sent to you earlier:

Try running the program as an admin.

If that doesn't work, try going to the windows search function and type in "DSupdate". Do this with the client software closed. It may hard update the program.

Dimsport is probably in the process of doing an over the air update to the server.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Also, your emails keep getting returned to me (not sure why).

Here is what I sent to you earlier:

Try running the program as an admin.

If that doesn't work, try going to the windows search function and type in "DSupdate". Do this with the client software closed. It may hard update the program.

Dimsport is probably in the process of doing an over the air update to the server.
Hey thanks I have tried all those things today and still getting the error. I tried yesterday as well? If you want PM me and I give you a different email to try?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quick question, its not a matter of money to buy a $50 revision of map, but does it make sense and is it worth it from a performance perspective to have a remap done for the EC tune to optimize the octane? I am in MA and we have 93 octane in pretty much all gas station, in my case I only use Shell V-Power Nitro+

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Quick question, its not a matter of money to buy a $50 revision of map, but does it make sense and is it worth it from a performance perspective to have a remap done for the EC tune to optimize the octane? I am in MA and we have 93 octane in pretty much all gas station, in my case I only use Shell V-Power Nitro+
I have a 93 octane tune.....not sure if it was worth it because Im not even sure what the difference is..I assume its a more aggressive timing profile but who knows....I have no numbers to compare but it feels exactly the same as other tune did

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looked like 29 March, 2020. A backwards R is a Y? At any rate, stop asking these questions in here. Nobody here has an answer or can help you. Considering how much the computers in the car monitor and adjust the cars performance, other things may have been damaged that the computers are reading which could cause them to pull performance. Radiator pressure flow and temp, cooling, fuel pressure, intake flow and temperatures, who knows on a wrecked car. These aren't like the old days where you can just swap out some parts and all is good. Cars today are far more sophisticated than they used to be. Take it up with EC. It's a personal issue you have with them. None of us here are driving wrecked cars we salvaged and are trying to rebuild, so complaining to us is a waste of time.
You use EC P2 tune?

Better answer me, why my wrecked car produce stock power on factory flash file. And produce pops\bangs with additional 19HP :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Looked like 29 March, 2020. A backwards R is a Y? At any rate, stop asking these questions in here. Nobody here has an answer or can help you. Considering how much the computers in the car monitor and adjust the cars performance, other things may have been damaged that the computers are reading which could cause them to pull performance. Radiator pressure flow and temp, cooling, fuel pressure, intake flow and temperatures, who knows on a wrecked car. These aren't like the old days where you can just swap out some parts and all is good. Cars today are far more sophisticated than they used to be. Take it up with EC. It's a personal issue you have with them. None of us here are driving wrecked cars we salvaged and are trying to rebuild, so complaining to us is a waste of time.
Why would you ask him to stop asking questions. How many people do before and after dynos. Thats great data. You mentioned several variables that impact performance and why not just ask him to log those sensors. That was a good suggestion. Clearly the car has no problem making full stock power but perhaps something is holding back increased power. You can log coolant temp, oil temp, intake temp, exhaust gas temp, knk retard, boost request, low and high fuel pressure. That would be good data

·
Registered
122 Posts
Better answer me somebody, why my wrecked car produce stock power on factory flash file. And produce pops\bangs with additional 19HP with removed rev limiter :D

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You use EC P2 tune?

Better answer me, why my wrecked car produce stock power on factory flash file. And produce pops\bangs with additional 19HP :D
Yes I do. I have their V2 intake, their P1 tune in N mode, P2 tune in D mode, and a Remus axleback exhaust, so I'm an actual customer. I've never had any problems with the tune, and Toby has provided updates within hours every time I've had a factory update done. I've been using this for over a year, and there's definitely more than a 19hp difference between stock and the tune. I've had to reflash back to stock a couple of times for dealer service, and the difference between stock and the tune is quite noticeable. I don't know what your situation is, and since you're piecing together a car from salvage, that automatically takes it out of being normal. Toby has already mentioned that he's seeing a lot of variations in factory software just in the North America, so it's logical that Alfa is doing the same thing there in Europe. That makes it incredibly difficult to try and remotely (from the U.S.) sort out a situation such as yours where you are.

You really need to be asking these questions in a thread or forum where people are doing what you're doing. Maybe a racer forum for people who heavily modify their Alfas for racing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes I do. I have their V2 intake, their P1 tune in N mode, P2 tune in D mode, and a Remus axleback exhaust, so I'm an actual customer. I've never had any problems with the tune, and Toby has provided updates within hours every time I've had a factory update done. I've been using this for over a year, and there's definitely more than a 19hp difference between stock and the tune. I've had to reflash back to stock a couple of times for dealer service, and the difference between stock and the tune is quite noticeable. I don't know what your situation is, and since you're piecing together a car from salvage, that automatically takes it out of being normal. Toby has already mentioned that he's seeing a lot of variations in factory software just in the North America, so it's logical that Alfa is doing the same thing there in Europe. That makes it incredibly difficult to try and remotely (from the U.S.) sort out a situation such as yours where you are.

You really need to be asking these questions in a thread or forum where people are doing what you're doing. Maybe a racer forum for people who heavily modify their Alfas for racing.
You could visit dyno bench or made measurements with Draggy for example 60-130mph?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I'm in semi-rural Idaho, I don't even know if there's anybody that would be able to dyno a Giulia here. I don't have a draggy nor do I care about that. I'm not fixated on the numbers. Besides, I've removed 10 lbs of unsprung rotating weight from each of the wheels/brakes so any results I would get wouldn't be representative of what others are getting who haven't removed that weight.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm in semi-rural Idaho, I don't even know if there's anybody that would be able to dyno a Giulia here. I don't have a draggy nor do I care about that. I'm not fixated on the numbers. Besides, I've removed 10 lbs of unsprung rotating weight from each of the wheels/brakes so any results I would get wouldn't be representative of what others are getting who haven't removed that weight.
Look, trust only numbers. @kozak have similar problem as me - no extra power. Feeling yes - seems like it have power, but on numbers - no power...

I have QV alu technico wheels and QV brakes, which have less weight than stock 330mm. I save 10lbs from each wheel. Dont tell me please about weight for good roll result.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Look, trust only numbers. @kozak have similar problem as me - no extra power. Feeling yes - seems like it have power, but on numbers - no power...

I have QV alu technico wheels and QV brakes, which have less weight than stock 330mm. I save 10lbs from each wheel. Dont tell me please about weight for good roll result.
Oh nonsense. Nevermind. You want what you want and it doesn't matter what anybody says. Take it up with EC directly.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Simple. "Why isn't my pieced together salvage car working with EC's software?" is a question nobody here has anything comparable to, to be able to help troubleshoot.
Simple. Why my pieced together salvage car working with factory stock software produce more power than stock and work well?

1421 - 1440 of 1454 Posts