Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1457 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well I ordered along with a drop in filter since the V2 intake is sold out still :(

I might try the P2 with that and stock exhaust while monitoring AFR and cat Temps since I can display those on the radio unit and make sure its still within safe ranges. I don't push the car that hard other then a few burst of power here and there so it might be okay??

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not sure what part of Canada you’re in, but if you ever find yourself in Kelowna, BC, I’d be happy to let you take my car for a spin to feel the difference that an intake and exhaust will make compared to just the tune.

Great choice ordering the tune though! I think “alive” is the perfect description for how it changes the feel of the car. I’ve been running P2 for many months and just reverted back to stock as I’ll be taking my car in for service. Immediately after going back, the car felt muted. It’s still a great car, but it kind of feels like I’m a mode lower on the DNA selector now (D feels like N did before, and N feels like A). I also have the pops and bangs which add so much more personality while driving. They’re not intrusive with my exhaust by any means, but they add some great burbles when downshifting and decelerating. Without the tune, the car has lost a lot of its personality and just feels much more sedate and German. It’s less engaging now and doesn’t beg to be driven as quickly or aggressively.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not sure what part of Canada you’re in, but if you ever find yourself in Kelowna, BC, I’d be happy to let you take my car for a spin to feel the difference that an intake and exhaust will make compared to just the tune.

Great choice ordering the tune though! I think “alive” is the perfect description for how it changes the feel of the car. I’ve been running P2 for many months and just reverted back to stock as I’ll be taking my car in for service. Immediately after going back, the car felt muted. It’s still a great car, but it kind of feels like I’m a mode lower on the DNA selector now (D feels like N did before, and N feels like A). I also have the pops and bangs which add so much more personality while driving. They’re not intrusive with my exhaust by any means, but they add some great burbles when downshifting and decelerating. Without the tune, the car has lost a lot of its personality and just feels much more sedate and German. It’s less engaging now and doesn’t beg to be driven as quickly or aggressively.
I'm from alberta myself but more and more I am rethinking doing the exhaust and proper intake because I have only ever really driven tuned vehicles so as long as its not too loud I can live with it especially if there are significant gains to be had. This car is the longest I have gone without modding it and its only at 4500kms haha. Thanks for you input!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm from alberta myself but more and more I am rethinking doing the exhaust and proper intake because I have only ever really driven tuned vehicles so as long as its not too loud I can live with it especially if there are significant gains to be had. This car is the longest I have gone without modding it and its only at 4500kms haha. Thanks for you input!
Well let me know if you ever come here on holiday. Can’t say I’ll be heading your way for a vacation haha. I highly recommend the unresonated Supersprint street/sport exhaust. I’ve lost count on the number of people who have complemented me on it, and nobody believes that the sound is coming from a 4cyl engine. It’s the perfect combination of growl and volume and sounds distinctly Italian. Loud enough to be heard but not so loud that it’s annoying or embarrassing when others are in the car, and there’s no drone whatsoever—even without the resonator.

I will say that it took a few thousand KMs for the exhaust to settle in, so don’t be disappointed with the volume when first installed and order the race model. It’ll get a bit louder and sound even better in time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well let me know if you ever come here on holiday. Can’t say I’ll be heading your way for a vacation haha. I highly recommend the unresonated Supersprint street/sport exhaust. I’ve lost count on the number of people who have complemented me on it, and nobody believes that the sound is coming from a 4cyl engine. It’s the perfect combination of growl and volume and sounds distinctly Italian. Loud enough to be heard but not so loud that it’s annoying or embarrassing when others are in the car, and there’s no drone whatsoever—even without the resonator.

I will say that it took a few thousand KMs for the exhaust to settle in, so don’t be disappointed with the volume when first installed and order the race model. It’ll get a bit louder and sound even better in time.
I was thinking I could get a local guy to install 2 high flow mufflers so its only a little louder but can flow proper, and it will be far cheaper then ordering a pre done exhaust. But thanks for more insight :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked before, but this post is sooo long....

If I have all the requirements installed, Intake, exhaust, performance spark, can I get the P2 directly, or do I first need to install P1, and wait for P2?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked before, but this post is sooo long....

If I have all the requirements installed, Intake, exhaust, performance spark, can I get the P2 directly, or do I first need to install P1, and wait for P2?
P2 is out now so you can install that directly. They even have an option for N mode to be P1 and D mode to be P2 if you want to run both at once

·
Registered
186 Posts
P2 is out now so you can install that directly. They even have an option for N mode to be P1 and D mode to be P2 if you want to run both at once
awesome! thank you :) do you know if you can keep a PedalBooster? I have the Seletron Pedal Booster but not sure thats allowed, or not recommended

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi guys so I'm new to this whole tuning thing. Ive created the online portal and I need to upload my stock file. how do I do so?

·
Super Moderator
2,451 Posts
hi guys so I'm new to this whole tuning thing. Ive created the online portal and I need to upload my stock file. how do I do so?
Please don't use this forum as a support resource for EuroCompulsion. Contact them via email as we are not their support and are not authorized to do so.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Sport
12 Posts
Just completed programming the Euro+Drive Tune into my 2018 Giulia. Revlimiter, SS disable, DTC, and dual map (P1+P2). Also Pops & Bangs. I have V2 intake, and Centerline exhaust. Programming went as detailed in their video, and written instructions. Original Tune automatically placed on handheld per new feature when programming. No errors, no problems. Shout out to Brandon & Toby with rapidly answering questions. I'm really happy to do business with them. and fwiw worth Pops & Bangs is......awesome.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just completed programming the Euro+Drive Tune into my 2018 Giulia. Revlimiter, SS disable, DTC, and dual map (P1+P2). Also Pops & Bangs. I have V2 intake, and Centerline exhaust. Programming went as detailed in their video, and written instructions. Original Tune automatically placed on handheld per new feature when programming. No errors, no problems. Shout out to Brandon & Toby with rapidly answering questions. I'm really happy to do business with them. and fwiw worth Pops & Bangs is......awesome.....
That’s awesome. I ordered the Euro+Drive today, incl P&B, StartStop off, and cant wait to get it installed. I am just waiting for the V2 that is currently sold out. Thanks for your update.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Please help! Trying to update the unit as per instructions and I keep getting a "webservice call (functionABLMYG8) [1492]" Error. I thought it was a firewall issue so I turned that off to with no luck.

1401 - 1420 of 1457 Posts